• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi (2017)

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theory going around.... Rey is the daughter of Luke and Sabine Wren. Satine Wren and Obi Wan are Sabine's parents..... Rey is part Skywalker and part Kenobi.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theory going around.... Rey is the daughter of Luke and Sabine Wren. Satine Wren and Obi Wan are Sabine's parents..... Rey is part Skywalker and part Kenobi.
Interesting theory but it flies in the face of Obi Wan's no romantic relationships for Jedi mantra. Of course, Disney could spin it that that was Obi Wan's mantra only cause he was burned by love once.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting theory but it flies in the face of Obi Wan's no romantic relationships for Jedi mantra. Of course, Disney could spin it that that was Obi Wan's mantra only cause he was burned by love once.
In fairness, no romance doesn't necessarily have to mean no sex or reproduction. To that end, Jedi could be magical gigolos.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't buy that b/c of the name. Kylo is the master of the Knights of Ren. The name Ren and Wren are so close they could create confusion in the movie if both are used.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't buy that b/c of the name. Kylo is the master of the Knights of Ren. The name Ren and Wren are so close they could create confusion in the movie if both are used.
Is Wren canon or EU?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not been able confirm this, but I have heard that in other languages, the title "The Last Jedi" has been written in singular form, not plural.

:noidea:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wren canon or EU?
The Wren women are EU. I just can't see Rey's mother having a name so similar to the bad guy's name.

calsnowskier said:
I have not been able confirm this, but I have heard that in other languages, the title "The Last Jedi" has been written in singular form, not plural.
I think the new title is referring to the singular last Jedi, Luke.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually no attachments, i.e.- a family. So there's lots of grey area to play with there. Ki Adi Mundi was even allowed to have a full fledged family in the EU.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Solo kills Wren (much like the EU), cuts the 'W' off of Wren and appropriates Ren as a big middle finger to Luke. Boom. :heh:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Solo kills Wren (much like the EU), cuts the 'W' off of Wren and appropriates Ren as a big middle finger to Luke. Boom. :heh:
LOL, the nerd-force is strong in you.

Ep8 is supposed to tell us more about the Knights of Ren. Hopefully that'll clear up whether Ren is just a title or group-label (like the Sith title "Darth") or whether Ben created the Knights and since he took on the name Kylo Ren, that's why they're the Knights of Ren.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, the nerd-force is strong in you.

Ep8 is supposed to tell us more about the Knights of Ren. Hopefully that'll clear up whether Ren is just a title or group-label (like the Sith title "Darth") or whether Ben created the Knights and since he took on the name Kylo Ren, that's why they're the Knights of Ren.
I hypothesize its Kylo's own personal "gang" that he formed. And maybe tried to train? with Snoke as an overseer of sorts.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabine and Satine are both Canon.

Star Wars Rebels and the Clone Wars show are canon.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:noidea:
What do you mean, isn't it already singular?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he doesn't have the plans anymore
Here are my thoughts on it. First, I doubt all the engineers who built the Death Star were on it when it blew up in Ep4. Second in Rogue One, Galen Urso said that he'd realized that the empire didn't really need him, that they would've eventually figured out how to build it even without him. When he said that, there were no plans. Just as he predicted, in E6, the empire figured out how to build another one without him or the plans he later devised.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably Luke given the crawl in TFA but technically it could be all of them. I think the plural of Jedi is...Jedi. So "The Last Jedi" could be referring to a group, not just a person
Wouldn't a group be referred to as "last of the Jedi"?

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my thoughts on it. First, I doubt all the engineers who built the Death Star were on it when it blew up in Ep4. Second in Rogue One, Galen Urso said that he'd realized that the empire didn't really need him, that they would've eventually figured out how to build it even without him. When he said that, there were no plans. Just as he predicted, in E6, the empire figured out how to build another one without him.

Still don't follow

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he doesn't have the plans anymore
The theories I heard said that Mendolsons character was a good architect/engineer, but ultimately, nothing particularly special. Once the Empire put the construction of a new DS at the top of the priority list, they were able to attract other, better engineers.