• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm guessing any Marvel-related movies that Fox already had in the late stages of development/filming will be allowed to be completed and released pretty much as-is; but that future fare will be heavily influenced by Disney/Marvel Studios. That will probably mean going back to scratch for the X-men & related properties (which I fully support) in able to fully integrate them into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Deadpool could be the exception, since it is the only "adult"-oriented property & it has a strong cult following.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm guessing any Marvel-related movies that Fox already had in the late stages of development/filming will be allowed to be completed and released pretty much as-is; but that future fare will be heavily influenced by Disney/Marvel Studios. That will probably mean going back to scratch for the X-men & related properties (which I fully support) in able to fully integrate them into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Deadpool could be the exception, since it is the only "adult"-oriented property & it has a strong cult following.
I believe that Phoenix is the last X-property that was in production. That franchise is essentially dead now.

I expect Deadpool to shift to the MCU. It’s continuity ties to the X-verse were tenuous at best anyway, so it shouldn’t be hard to transition.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Harbour Joining Scarlett Johansson in Marvel's Black Widow - ComingSoon.net
The Hollywood Reporter brings word that David Harbour (Stranger Things, Hellboy) will be joining Scarlett Johansson (Avengers: Endgame) in Marvel’s Black Widow. Oscar winner Rachel Weisz (The Favourite) is also in talks to join the film.

The standalone feature centers on Johansson’s Natasha Romanoff, a spy, and assassin who grew up being trained by the KGB before breaking from their grasp and becoming an agent of SHIELD and an Avenger.

The movie is being directed by Cate Shortland (Lore) from a script by Jac Schaeffer. Plot details are being kept under wraps as the project heads towards a production start in June in London.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that Phoenix is the last X-property that was in production. That franchise is essentially dead now.

I expect Deadpool to shift to the MCU. It’s continuity ties to the X-verse were tenuous at best anyway, so it shouldn’t be hard to transition.

I'm not so sure they don't keep Deadpool as a non-continuity property due to his cult following and "R" rated status. They might make more money with the property that way. They could always come up with a second Deadpool character to fit in with the PG Marvel Universe, if they felt the need. Kind of like the separate Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch that are in the X-verse & the ones created for the MCU.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure they don't keep Deadpool as a non-continuity property due to his cult following and "R" rated status. They might make more money with the property that way. They could always come up with a second Deadpool character to fit in with the PG Marvel Universe, if they felt the need. Kind of like the separate Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch that are in the X-verse & the ones created for the MCU.
This words my expectations better than my post did. Like he was in the X-verse, I feel he will be in the MCU. He will sit just outside actual continuity tossing joke grenades over/through the 4th wall.

I think it probably best that he not make any appearances in any actual MCU movies.

But it would be fun seeing Tom Holland co-star in the next DP movie. Maybe have him get freaked out when he meets Cable because “You reminded me of someone”.

Last edited:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see Justice league vs the fatal five yet??

Dc animation is still best!!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its now in Season 2 and I'm liking the Tick more than ever. I like an accessible Venture Brothers.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its now in Season 2 and I'm liking the Tick more than ever. I like an accessible Venture Brothers.

Agreed. The tick was a very good show. Looking forward to season 3.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see Justice league vs the fatal five yet??

Dc animation is still best!!!

I just saw it this weekend.

It is really good.

Watching Hush and the death of Superman and reign of supermen, it’s intersting to watch them put old stories into new canon.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw it this weekend.

It is really good.

Watching Hush and the death of Superman and reign of supermen, it’s intersting to watch them put old stories into new canon.

If consistent. I don’t mind this. Use old stories as loose plots. And make it one linear time line. This would allow for better mashups.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If consistent. I don’t mind this. Use old stories as loose plots. And make it one linear time line. This would allow for better mashups.

Well the irony is they made flashpoint...which is what destroyed the timeline anyway....lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought flashpoint was an elseworld cannon.

No. I believe That story is what gave us the “new 52” era of the comics (notice Superman’s outfit in death of Superman is new 52 era Superman, so is the Superman/WW dating in another movie (we will ignore the fact that they’re a better couple that dupes/Lois).

The new new era that started in 2016 or 2017 has the new 52 dc characters except they brought back pre flashpoint Superman for whatever reason.