• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G79 41-26-11 Kings vs Flames 4/11/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day again, man I hope it isn't as deadpan as the Anaheim game was. I could have fallen asleep during that one it was so bad.

They had their chance to clinch and screwed it up, OK - that's over with, another opportunity tonight. Reminds me of when the Kings could have clinched the Cup in NJ but failed to do so, but for us fans it was great because they got to do in G6 on home ice. Maybe tonight is the night. All I know is they cannot have a performance like Tuesday night tonight.

Looks like the Kings will stay in the 12/6 meaning Moverare and Arty Retardy the healthy scratches again. Grundstrom still on LTIR and in pure Vegas fashion Turcotte "loaned" to Ontario for a conditioning stint. You can read that as straight up cap space savings.

Talbot first off the ice so he is expected to start. I hate to say this but my spider sense is telling me he's about to go off the rails again because he's being played too much. I get he is the starter, but Rittich hasn't been a slouch either. I hope the Kings clinch tonight which leave 2 games left with no B2B and Rittich plays both of them to get him warmed up while giving Talbot a rest before potential playoffs. Or give Rittich G81 and Talbot G82.

Markstrom expected to start for the Flames again tonight, he's a big goalie so not a lot to shoot at. In the 3 previous match ups, the Flames have generated 75% of their chances on the rush so the Kings defense really needs to slow them down in the neutral zone.

I expect Coleman to be a PITA as usual, he's 1 goal short of his first 30 goal season. Solid player. Flames have list 8 of 10 and were eliminated from contention long ago, but they have something to prove as well just like these other teams did. What we saw Tuesday, doesn't matter who you're playing, they can beat you on any given night.

Kings in with a win in any fashion again, prediction 4-3 LA with Calgary scoring 2 late goals to make things interesting. It is after all LA. Kopitar, Dunno, PLD and Laferriere with goals. 730pm start, BSW.

Let's Go Kings!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PP OK, PK OK

Good start

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start, they look engaged which they didn't at all on Tuesday. Let's hope there isn't a blow your wad and coast phase.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flmes can keep up the scrums and extra after whstle stuf, Kings will e good and stay in the game

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas again, bye bye Turcotte. I'm starting to really like this guy.

Three different types of goals - a snipe, crashing the net, deflection going to the slot in 5 games.

I think the Kings were looking for this out of Turcotte, they got it but the wrong skin color.

=)~~

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are getting a delayed penalty for too many men, just keep the extra skater until you touch the puck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings look great. Love the rough stuff early. No idea what Kempe was arguing when he so clearly crosschecked that dude in the neck in the first period. But it got everyone engaged and I'll take it. Whole team playing to win instead of hesitating or playing passive. Except for maybe one dude.

Akil getting it done, Def great to see.

Would've be nice to get a PP goal here. You know Flames are mad and coming. And probably due for call themselves. Need to keep the intensity up for sure.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just empty the bench and get all the other 17 skaters out there.

This sounds like my buddy in college. Parked in the red on campus, got parking ticket already, so said "Fuck it" and just left his car there. Already had the parking ticket. Came back from class and the parking meter chick had stacked a new parking ticket on the existing original one for every 30 minutes his car was there. Had a stack of like 4 of them. I feel like that would be the inevitability of just emptying the bench on a too many men.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like my buddy in college. Parked in the red on campus, got parking ticket already, so said "Fuck it" and just left his car there. Already had the parking ticket. Came back from class and the parking meter chick had stacked a new parking ticket on the existing original one for every 30 minutes his car was there. Had a stack of like 4 of them. I feel like that would be the inevitability of just emptying the bench on a too many men.

Unless its in the rule book i dont think they can keep calling it...so 17 guys out would be awesome

Or at least keep the 1 guy like you said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of looking at the standings and the Kings really have lost a ton of games in OT/SO. 11 of those losses. If they win a few of those their record is actually looking a ton better. Works for them that the gimmicky stuff won't exist in the playoffs.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did that my first year at CSUF in 1993, late to class and no parking, there was a triangular striped section in a corner clearly marked no parking, I said eff it and left the truck there.

Came out about 5 hours later and there was only 1 ticket but the parking patrol wrote "you're still here" on the ticket with the time written in 30 minute intervals, I think 6 or 7 lines.

I pull that crap at the beach too, it's still one ticket no matter what so may as well leave it there as long as you want.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless its in the rule book i dont think they can keep calling it...so 17 guys out would be awesome

Or at least keep the 1 guy like you said

Refs would be pissed. I don't think they can call multiple TMM, but while humorous in reality Bettman would drop the hammer for mocking the zebras.

Personally I'd find it hilarious.