• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G77 40-25-11 Kings @ Orcas 4/6/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day again, I'll be missing probably the first since Junior I has a baseball game from 5-730pm. Should be a good matchup and a possible playoff preview.

Dunno is back, I was curious to see how they would handle Thomas because he was up here basically on an emergency recall. Looks like they'll be keeping him up and in the lineup at LW4 and Moverare and Arty Retardy will be the scratches alluding to a 12/6 line up. Dunno will be back as 2C with TOTM and Arvidsson, PLD will drop back to 3C with Laferriere and Fiala.

Demko still on LTIR, so de Smith will once again get the nod against LA. Vancouver will want this win because the Oilers are only 5 points behind them, the Kings want this win and a Blues loss tonight (SJ) and a potential PO clinching spot based on what happens tomorrow. If the Blues lose tonight I think they can pretty much kiss their chances goodbye. Vegas is in PD3 by 1 point, a Kings win puts them back there and drops Vegas to WC2 with 92 points tied with Nashville but the Preds have 2 more wins. This race is going to down to the wire, lot of meaningful games and for the bottom feeders guys playing for contracts and spoiler to PO bound teams so every game matters.

Need to bring up Buster, if he doesn't score tonight that'll be 1 goal in the last 25 games going back to early March. PLD gets a lot of flack but for a guy who mostly plays top line minutes I don't understand why he isn't just as much under the microscope considering he is put in way better offensive situations than PLD. Need some goals here son.

Prediction: Kings 3-2, Dunno, Spence and Fiala. Talbot expected starter.

Let's Go Kings!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to bring up Buster, if he doesn't score tonight that'll be 1 goal in the last 25 games going back to early March. PLD gets a lot of flack but for a guy who mostly plays top line minutes I don't understand why he isn't just as much under the microscope considering he is put in way better offensive situations than PLD. Need some goals here son.

You just wanted to get me on my PLG soapbox again didnt you? I just want everyone to look at the majority of PLGs linemates have been.....other than lafer the rest are waived, gone or healthy sit your ass down kinda players. Im not the one that gave him 8.5, but just a cursory look at PLGs career shows he is not effective on his own, he needs certian types of linemates to make him effective. Fiala is perfect IMO and if you add Buster....that could be a very potent line next season....problem is PLG is as lazy as anyone getting back on D....so that will be an issue for a long ass time

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned in Shart thread, i think LA loses and Blues win....just because nothing is easy

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just wanted to get me on my PLG soapbox again didnt you? I just want everyone to look at the majority of PLGs linemates have been.....other than lafer the rest are waived, gone or healthy sit your ass down kinda players. Im not the one that gave him 8.5, but just a cursory look at PLGs career shows he is not effective on his own, he needs certian types of linemates to make him effective. Fiala is perfect IMO and if you add Buster....that could be a very potent line next season....problem is PLG is as lazy as anyone getting back on D....so that will be an issue for a long ass time

Totally agree, I mean how many games has he centered L2 this season, like 5 total? Dunno injury, maybe some line mixing under Hiller and I don't think McLellan put him at C2 at all the entire time he was here.

The $8.5 million is definitely looking bad but the Kings acquired him to basically be C3 this season. My guess is have Buster progress enough in 3 years (including this one) to take over 1C, PLD will move into 2C, Dunno into 3C and Kopitar at 4C or retired. Can't get too mad at the guy for having guys like JAD, Laferriere, Arty Retardy, etc as his linemates and not being productive. Laferriere is probably the best of that bunch and even then he's only a rookie and learning his way as a pro himself.

The responsibilities as a center definitely leave a lot to be desired with PLD, but he himself said he wants to learn and be better and Dunno and Kopitar are probably two of the best he can get that knowledge from. Like I keep saying, I'm willing to eat this year with him but next season there has to be dramatic improvement both as a player and production no matter who his linemates are. Unfortunately at that price tag expectations are very high regardless of the situation.

What I still can't understand is why Bowlby made this trade at this time, there really was no need except for to move The Legend; maybe that's an angle to look at too since it became obvious he was not a part of the future in LA and he wanted to get the best player he could while Vilardi’s value was at an all time high.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not the one that gave him 8.5, but just a cursory look at PLGs career shows he is not effective on his own, he needs certian types of linemates to make him effective. Fiala is perfect IMO and if you add Buster....that could be a very potent line next season....p

He absolutely needs decent linemates to be effective. That line looked good for the hot minute Jill had them together, no idea why he pulled the plug on that so quick.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, I mean how many games has he centered L2 this season, like 5 total? Dunno injury, maybe some line mixing under Hiller and I don't think McLellan put him at C2 at all the entire time he was here.

The $8.5 million is definitely looking bad but the Kings acquired him to basically be C3 this season. My guess is have Buster progress enough in 3 years (including this one) to take over 1C, PLD will move into 2C, Dunno into 3C and Kopitar at 4C or retired. Can't get too mad at the guy for having guys like JAD, Laferriere, Arty Retardy, etc as his linemates and not being productive. Laferriere is probably the best of that bunch and even then he's only a rookie and learning his way as a pro himself.

The responsibilities as a center definitely leave a lot to be desired with PLD, but he himself said he wants to learn and be better and Dunno and Kopitar are probably two of the best he can get that knowledge from. Like I keep saying, I'm willing to eat this year with him but next season there has to be dramatic improvement both as a player and production no matter who his linemates are. Unfortunately at that price tag expectations are very high regardless of the situation.

What I still can't understand is why Bowlby made this trade at this time, there really was no need except for to move The Legend; maybe that's an angle to look at too since it became obvious he was not a part of the future in LA and he wanted to get the best player he could while Vilardi’s value was at an all time high.

Unfortunately I don't see the majority of his game changing.... That's why he's been booed out of everywhere he has played. Kingsfans Are acting like women and thinking "Well he's going to change for us..... " It's just not going to happen. It's not in him. Sure he will get more points and whatever, But he is never going to be the player We really want him to be. I'm sure there will be flashes of him hustling to backcheck or even hustling at all, But then
He will be right back to the PLG we know..... So like i've been typing over and over again, Better figure out how the hell to make him productive and line mates that can cover his lack of stamina/energy Or it will be an extremely long 8 seasons.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharts won 3-2OT, so only 1pt.....thats gotta hurt them a ton lol

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks way undisciplined and trying to give LA an early 2g lead

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just walked in the door, kid won 8-7 but they have one inning every single game that does them in. Time was called so they lucked out with the win, other team put up 6 runs in the inning to make it a game. Geez.

Just watching intermission, anything significant happen?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 quick penalties, Kings buried both easy....then the dreaded Kings 2g lead where they forget how to play, i dont think they had another shot since the 2nd PP gosl

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLGs gotta stick up for himself there, Spence gets goal, everyone starts celebrating and PLG gets punched in the face....i dont care what the situation is, fight back

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings looking good, Vancouver would be an ideal match up for the POs.

Watching Buster closely, seems he hasn't really driven the net much in recent months, explains why the one goal since mid Feb or so.

When he was scoring, even in bunches, he was crashing the net.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-1 lead, Buster got hit clean but hard, someone send a message. No one on this team can probably take Zadorov but Englund should give it a go.

This is why you keep a guy like MacDermid, that hit doesn't happen in the first place.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings looking good, Vancouver would be an ideal match up for the POs.

Been saying this for awhile, for whatever reason this Canucks team looks like the best chance for LA to win a round.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying this for awhile, for whatever reason this Canucks team looks like the best chance for LA to win a round.

Kind of like how Dallas just seems to own LA, the Kings seem to have Vancouver's. I don't think they last a round against Colorado, Dallas or Edmonton.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like how Dallas just seems to own LA, the Kings seem to have Vancouver's. I don't think they last a round against Colorado, Dallas or Edmonton.
Those other 3 have size, strength and skill...Kings, Canucks, Jets are really lacking in size/strength. Preds are kinda tweeners, of course anyone can win but PO hockey is a different game for the most part

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predators are a wagon, they have been on a roll and in full blown PO mode for about 2 months now. They remind me of the 2012 Kings but more speed and skill.

Whoever faces them I feel will be in trouble.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win for sure, the Canucks need Demko back and bad. De Smith isn't that good, especially against the Kings.

Looked pretty shaky from what I saw second period on.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I saw Spence take out some guys tonight, okayed a physical solid game, got the assist on Laferriere's goal.

I think Clarke is going to have a hard time making this roster next season if Spence continues playing like he has, unless Roy isn't retained. None of the LHDs are going anywhere, neither is Doughty.

Spence may not be scoring much this season but he is eons ahead as an NHL defender than Clarke is and just as cheap.