• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G78 41-25-11 Kings @ Quacks 4/9/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's game day, and a chance for LA to clinch a PO spot with a win in any way - regulation, SO or OT. Three spots left (PD3, WC1 and WC2), 4 teams in the running. Kings can make that 2 spots 3 teams tonight. I don't think the Blues will make it and even though mathematically alive Minnesota has no shot whatsoever. Would be awesome to do at Staples South to remind those fools who has always owned SoCal hockey, first Cup or not.

Nothing major to report, looking like they'll go 12/6 again with Arty Retardy and Moverare the scratches and Talbot will start again. Thomas is earning the trust of the coaches and is going to be RW4 with The Lizard and Lewis at LW4. I've seen more out of Thomas in 5 games or whatever than I've ever seen out of Turcotte. Sad to say, especially with his injury history, but I'm starting to think Thomas will beat Turcotte out for a spot in TC come September. Wouldn't be surprised to see Turcotte traded this summer actually, clean house on that abysmal 2019 draft including Retardy.

Turcotte practiced today with Kaliyev and Grundstrom but those two guys are still on LTIR. Grundstrom can be activated at any time he is ready, Turcotte won't be eligible until April 12 per LTIR rules. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Thomas once Grundstrom is activated, do you keep the guy breaking in but playing well enough or put the veteran back in especially as they're most likely going to make the POs? Unless Thomas gives them no reason not to change it up I think we would see Grundstrom. Anyway, some thoughts.

Anaheim has only won 2 of their last 16 games, but again like I'm saying these non PO teams have things to prove themselves. No doubt they'd love to delay LAs chance to clinch especially on their home ice. I expect a physical, chippy battle tonight. Keep your head up, Gudas is in and we all know he can throw some hits and can fight. Would love to see Englund and he go at it tonight and I think we will.

Gibson is hurt so Dostal is starting, he is auditioning to see if he can be a number one in the league. He's getting his shot and this may pave the way to move on from Gibson although his contract is still a nightmare. He hasn't looked bad even behind that porous Anaheim defense. MacTavish is also out tonight.

One guy that has really impressed me all season long in Carlsson, 2OA in 2023. Not to bring Buster up but Carlsson having way more success his first NHL season compared to Buster back then, both as 2OAs. I remember people were a bit surprised the Ducks took Carlsson over Fantilli who was the consensus number 2 but it seems so far Anaheim made the right pick. Fantilli isn't playing too bad either for the BJs this season so it looks like both teams got a good player to build around. Both guys are 6'2+ and almost 200 pounds already, they're just going to get bigger and stronger. Carlsson is skilled, Kings D can't fall asleep.

Prediction: Kings 5-2. Buster finally gets off the schneid and gets number 20, Kempe as usual killing Anaheim, Fiala, Arvidsson and Doughty. Game time is 7pm on BSW.

Let's Go Kings!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No win game for me. Wife pulled out the Ducks blanket for the couch to remind me if the Kings win I will be cold and alone on the far end of the couch.
kings fans should be out in force

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey at least you'll be able to sleep with a smile on your face tonight. Enjoy the couch.

=)~~

OK so this game may actually be on KCAL, I'm seeing a few different options. May not be BSW at all.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas looks like he is NHL ready, way to get that goal crashing the net. Dostal screwed up letting that thing ricochet out in front of him, he could have used his stick to redirect or sweep it away from coming back into the slot.

Kings looking focused but it's a 60 minute game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start but Kings asleep these last 3 minutes. Vatrano all alone for the goal and followed next shift dominating LA. Was listening to Locked On LA Kings and Garcia was thinking LA is gonna try to lock in a spot and then rest Talbot at least some of these final games. Even if Talbot plays final game against Chicago, he'd likely get 5 days off. Thinking he plays two of four, including finale.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey at least you'll be able to sleep with a smile on your face tonight. Enjoy the couch.

=)~~

OK so this game may actually be on KCAL, I'm seeing a few different options. May not be BSW at all.
Ducks feed baleys socal/san diego
Kcal for kings

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice start but Kings asleep these last 3 minutes. Vatrano all alone for the goal and followed next shift dominating LA.

Kings came out blasting, the Red Bull definitely wore off. Huge opportunity for LA here, I hope they realize that and clinch that spot.

See who was down there by the net on the Anaheim goal? Arvidsson, a forward. I have hit on this multiple times this season, that's what happens when you play man to man defense. - defensemen get sucked to the blue line and forwards are left defending the net. Could work if you have big forwards, but that worked to a T isolating Vatrano and Arvidsson.

For God's sake ditch this stupid system after this season. That was a McLellan thing, he instilled it years ago. If Hiller is still here or if a new coach is hired, I hope they scrap that and work on a hybrid or zone considering how this team is built.

Was listening to Locked On LA Kings and Garcia was thinking LA is gonna try to lock in a spot and then rest Talbot at least some of these final games. Even if Talbot plays final game against Chicago, he'd likely get 5 days off. Thinking he plays two of four, including finale.

Makes sense. I didn't mention it originally on this post but have on others, I'm hoping Jill doesn't run Talbot into the ground and then he is wiped out when the real season starts.

Hope we do see Rittich in a few of the games left, he needs a game or two to be prepared and not go into the POs cold either.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the man defense doesn't work. Watched this whole breakdown on Edmonton, and how the 4 other guys not named McDavid basically just run moving screens the whole zone time to free up space for McDavid. Just guys getting picked off left and right, so it already wasn't a great system, but will get absolutely exploited by Edmonton.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a question.
did the NHL create a rule that you cant shoot the puck when you are a power play? And are the Kings the only team that knows this rule?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good challenge.....next shot goes in anyway

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are HOT rolling into the playoffs

Hot garbage

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 2 I think Talbot should have stopped, I was originally hoping Rittich got the start tonight. Kings lack of urgency isn't helping at all either.

I was just thinking too how quiet The Show has been too. Go play with your perm fool.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another PP, great job. Ducks score here this game is over.

Way too many Kings quiet tonight, haven't really heard anyone's name much. Pretty crappy performance so far on what should be a desperation game.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to put up with her for a few days now
Good thing is if the Kings do clinch she has to change her Facebook profile pic to her in a Kings jersey until they are eliminated. So maybe 3 games

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. Pretty uninspired as you all stated. There was this period of the first 8 minutes of the second period where the Kings didn't allow a shot. But they also didn't generate much, and let the Ducks hang around.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went 10 minutes in the second without a SOG.

I don't know if clinching was circling in their heads, but we just got a preview of how the playoffs are probably going to go - no killer instinct.

This was a test to see how much of that they have and they failed gloriously.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck I agree with your comments on Carlsson. He looks really good. I went to the game in Seattle when Ducks were in town and he was the only one that was making any plays. Good size and speed and already has confidence. Dylan Guenther in Arizona is another rookie that I think is going to turn out to be a really good player.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guenther with a 4 point night on his 21st birthday. Go have some legal beers son.

Excellent young player.