• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G73 38-23-11 Kings @ Flames 3/30/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wilt under physical punishment, I don't understand that at all. Edmonton constantly ragdolls them and there is no response. I don't think Edmonton wins it all this year even though it's the most complete team McJesus has had but they are built for the playoffs.

First intermission stat said Calgary had 8 hits, only 1 by a defenseman which means the Kings were hit constantly by forwards either in the Calgary zone stopping opportunities or in the Kings zone when they were trying to break out.

5v5 has been awful tonight.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings would have to try even harder to miss the playoffs

With that pathetic schedule they have down the stretch, if they miss the POs the front office should be canned within minutes of season's end. Can you imagine how embarrassing that would be?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLD non factor tonight, Kings need some physicality here at the very least. Step it up Frenchie, make your presence felt even if you don't score.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLD non factor tonight, Kings need some physicality here at the very least. Step it up Frenchie, make your presence felt even if you don't score.

These last few games really show the need of an actual forechecker

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closest is Laferriere, The Lizard and Arvidsson. Two of those guys are under 5'9". System doesn't help either, Sutter employed a 2-1-2 - hyper aggressive but those teams also had significant size to play that way, they just ground teams to beef and beat them into submission.

Kings now use a 1-2-2 stack employed by McLellan which is more of a be patient and jump on turnovers. Arvidsson is a garden gnome and Laferriere has OK size but you can't rely on a rookie for that as his calling card.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three PP goals against, been a while since that. Vaunted PK looking awful recently.

Also doesn't excuse Fiala doing Fiala things, he had been so good recently too. Nice job ya mook.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just terrible, you'd think after Thursday they'd have come out all guns blazing.

Slump buster incoming for the Jets on Monday, The Legend with another 4 point game. Book it.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at a comedy show at The Forum tonight. Cool to think how many intimate championship games went down here. Place is crazy small compared to Crypto/Staples

I miss The Forum, it was so old and rickety and had that old school feel to it. One of my best memories there was when Stumpel blasted one from the blue line as rime ran out ans they beat the Flyers.

Very intimate vibe there compared to Staples. The Kings needed a new arena doe sure, would have been nice if they somehow could have expanded The Forum and kept them there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss The Forum, it was so old and rickety and had that old school feel to it. One of my best memories there was when Stumpel blasted one from the blue line as rime ran out ans they beat the Flyers.

Very intimate vibe there compared to Staples. The Kings needed a new arena doe sure, would have been nice if they somehow could have expanded The Forum and kept them there.

I was at that game too randomly. Remember that goal. Loved going to games with my Dad but Kings would always lose or games didn't really matter. Little moments like that we're so fun to see/be a part of. Random wins here and there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really talk about everything but friend of mine works for Clippers and part of that whole Intuit Dome opening up soon. Steve Ballmer wasn't going to be allowed to built his new stadium because of The Forum. Threat was that new stadium would take too many concerts and shows away. So Ballmer bought The Forum too. Which is stupid money. And that wasn't even enough, he also had to buy the city a whole new fleet or busses. So he did that too. Guy has all the money and is and awesome owner.