• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G69 35-22-11 Kings vs Wild 3/20/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She said 69, uh huh huh...uh huh huh.

=)~~

Big game tonight, Wild have clawed their way back in and are 3 points out of WC2. Vegas sits there with 79 points, Kings sit in PD3 with 81. The games have evened up, both LA and Vegas have played 68 games but Vegas has 1 more win than LA so this is an important game. Have to keep getting wins/points over Vegas.

If the Kings maintain PD3 the rest of the way its Oils Kings V3.0, not a good match up as we know. I want them to finish has high as possible but a fall to WC2 (Nashville is WC1 with 84 points, this PO set up is still so strange to me. Just go back to 1-8, highest vs lowest seeds) and a match up against Vancouver seems more favorable.

On to tonight, looks like MAF getting the start and Faber's first visit to LA. Wild have been hot, most points of any team in March and winners of 6 of the last 8. Can't have a lackadaisical first period like last night, have to come out ready to go. This game has big PP implications for both teams.

Arvidsson activated off LTIR so it's looking like he will be in tonight. Turcotte injured his left shoulder last night and didn't return so I don't expect him in. Arvidsson in, Turcotte out, means Arty Retardy is once again the healthy scratch since I expect Jill to go 11/7 again. I hope Blake has a deal in place for him already for a draft pick, he won't bring anything back much player for player and the Kings do not have a 2nd, 3rd or 5th round pick this summer.

Turcotte, I don't know what to say. He doesn't produce, he isn't real noticeable yet and he constantly injured. Similar to Vilardi but at least he showed he can put some points up which made him a valuable piece to move. Turcotte, his value is so low even with minimal NHL experience he isn't getting much back in return either. But if they cut the cord on The Legend, Turcotte is on the hot seat too.

Rittich to start tonight, prediction: Wild 3-2 in OT. Kings goals from Arvdisson and Fiala.

Let's Go Kings!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild on a hot streak won 6 of last 8 the will tell us.
2 vs the ducks
2 vs the yotes
1 vs sharks and
1 vs an NHL team. Trashville In OT
Kings need 2 points can’t fall to the second wild card with some tough games ahead

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, but the Kings haven't beat many powerhouses either since Jill took over. Per Natural Stat Trick I believe, they have the easiest strength of schedule since the ASG.

But you can only beat the teams you play, so a win is a win is a win. Just have to keep doing that but there is a tougher stretch of games ahead like you stated.

Bank the points, going to have to write some checks against that account as the season comes to an end.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Kings to look better with Arvidsson in

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild another team that can hit, gonna be tough for LA

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno with the nice hand eye....1-0

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ms Puck II surprised pops with a visit from AZ, we all were at the field watching Junior play baseball. Get back home and it's 3-0?

All weird or do the Kings look desperate, as they should?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, this game is getting out of hand. Wild play dirty, expecting some shenanigans here soon.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arvidsson really settles these lines in. I hate this little tease as he's basically Villardi. Great to have, but he can't stay healthy. The only thing that's really good is it's a contract year for Arvidsson, so I imagine we're gonna see the best version of effort and what he's got left in the tank the rest of the way. Might be more likely tough games out down the stretch.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arvidsson really settles these lines in. I hate this little tease as he's basically Villardi. Great to have, but he can't stay healthy. The only thing that's really good is it's a contract year for Arvidsson, so I imagine we're gonna see the best version of effort and what he's got left in the tank the rest of the way. Might be more likely tough games out down the stretch.

Had to believe this is only his fifth game of the season and the season is winding down. He definitely adds a spark and balances the lines out but as you said, availability is the issue. He's been good as a King but has also missed a lot of time as a King.

I'd like to see him back but I just don't see it based on the cap and also his durability concerns. This is his last shot at a big contract but I don't see anyone else giving him that either because of the injuries. He's in a tough spot.

He is eligible for a Performance Based Contract because he missed 100+ days on LTIR this season so that's a possibility, maybe the minimum plus bonuses which he most likely would hit but that's also debatable based on his injury history. He's just a huge financial risk.

I don't see him taking that in LA, he will get someone somewhere maybe offering a base of $1.5- $2 million plus incentives. The Kings are so capped out and need two goalies plus new contracts for Buster and such that this is probably the last we are seeing of him as a King barring something unusual.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TNT guys propping Laferriere, saying he's physical, skilled, fast and bypassed Kaliyev on the depth chart but gothis shot on the team when Arvidsson got hurt. Laferriere made it all the way through camp, and I'm sure if it came down to it he would have been the one sent down but it's not like he got his shot only because Arvidsson got hurt.

Said he took his opportunity and ran with it and wouldn't take no for an answer. Difference between Arty Retardy and Laferriere, he had 4 years to establish himself in LA and he played all over the line up including PP time (which Laferriere doesn't get unless it's garbage time like now) and failed to do so.

You kind of have to feel for Retardy but then you look at his body of work the last 4 seasons and it's difficult to.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am disappointed with PLD. Am I wrong that he was supposed to bring some "sandpaper" to this team? I thought that was part of his game that was mentioned when he came here. Hartman gave him a couple of slashes and PLD rushed at him like he was going to do somehting only to turtle and take some shots. I get it if Hiller didnt want him to get involved but the game was at hand at that point so it shouldnt have been an issue. Then to go after Faber was a coward move. Even the TNT guys called him out on it. The TNT guys didnt seem to have much respect for him.

But, at least they won.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am disappointed with PLD. Am I wrong that he was supposed to bring some "sandpaper" to this team? I thought that was part of his game that was mentioned when he came here. Hartman gave him a couple of slashes and PLD rushed at him like he was going to do somehting only to turtle and take some shots. I get it if Hiller didnt want him to get involved but the game was at hand at that point so it shouldnt have been an issue. Then to go after Faber was a coward move. Even the TNT guys called him out on it. The TNT guys didnt seem to have much respect for him.

But, at least they won.
It wasn't a good look. I was semi-ok with the turtle until he then goes after Faber. Dude, what are you doing?