• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G72 38-22-11 Kings @ Oilers 3/28/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day, 6pm start. I'll miss the first period and change, Junior I has Open House tonight at 6pm. Last week and this week there has been something every night of the week, slow your roll kids, dad needs to watch some hockey.

=)~~

Big match up tonight as we all know, Skinner in for Edmonton and Talbot expected for LA. Oilers took a 3 point lead over LA for PD2, so the Kings won't be able to catch them even with a win tonight. Also just like JT Miller under the radar, Evan Bouchard has 72 points as a D (15/57) so he will be a threat.

I'm reading Arty Retardy may be back in the lineup which means going back to 12/6 and Moverare scratched. Not an ideal situation for him to come back, Edmonton is fast and he isn't exactly the fleetest of foot. I just hope he doesn't make a negative impact if he is inserted. I would have went 11/7 just to confuse the Oilers and make them think a bit more about match ups but I'm no NHL coach.

Not much else to say, Kings need this one and again looking like a WCQF date. Oilers just seem to have their number in important games (POs mostly) so it would be nice to see LA get 2 points here. I expect a PO type atmosphere.

Prediction: King 4-3 in SO. PLD, Laferriere and Arvdisson with goals - yup all the L3 guys. And for God's sake someone please make Nurse look like the overpaid turnstile he is.

Let's Go Kings!

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain with regards to something on the docket every night of the week, seemingly. I only have one daughter, but she is on 2 separate club soccer teams currently, as well as co-captaining her 8th grade school soccer team. Has practice M-Th nights for the clubs, on top of the additional practices for the school team directly after school. Last weekend, played 4 games (1 school game Friday, against the JV team from the High School she'll be going to next year, then 2 separate club games on Saturday, then one more club league game on Sunday). Regardless, I'll be watching the feed on the phone while my daughter is practicing...

Just shut down Hyman is all I ask...

GKG!!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on will be watching this
Wife is singing in church tonight and tomorrow. She has to be there at 530 for rehearsal and it goes until 8- 830 and then the drive home. Will be sneaking peaks at the score but they frown on watching sports during the service.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on will be watching this
Wife is singing in church tonight and tomorrow. She has to be there at 530 for rehearsal and it goes until 8- 830 and then the drive home. Will be sneaking peaks at the score but they frown on watching sports during the service.

Frowned upon doesnt sound like fire n brimstone...i say go for it

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the welders on my crew is a big Edm fan, he just got back from visiting his family and went to the Leafs game to watch Oil get crushed in Tor.

Jinx us this game, got a lunch bet on this one.....

Sorry guys

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain with regards to something on the docket every night of the week, seemingly. I only have one daughter, but she is on 2 separate club soccer teams currently, as well as co-captaining her 8th grade school soccer team. Has practice M-Th nights for the clubs, on top of the additional practices for the school team directly after school. Last weekend, played 4 games (1 school game Friday, against the JV team from the High School she'll be going to next year, then 2 separate club games on Saturday, then one more club league game on Sunday). Regardless, I'll be watching the feed on the phone while my daughter is practicing...

Just shut down Hyman is all I ask...

GKG!!

Between the 2 boys and younger daughter its baseball, flag football (boys first and last season - they don't like not being able.to blow someone up), Ms Puck II and social life school events (last night was the incoming freshmen gig at the HS) it's been out of control. I just need one night with nothing, maybe this weekend (have to take her to her school at 345am on Sat, her 8th grade DC/NY trip). Man I used to be a Tasmanian devil in terms of energy, the last 2 years have just kicked my ass between these 3. Maybe it's just age, not sure.

Hyman...that name alone pisses me off let alone his 50 goal status. You just know that clown is going to get one tonight.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane already douching

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcjesus, easy one 0-1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing changing here. Kane ran Doughty early, and really Kings did next to nothing with their PP chance. Real momentum killer.

Draisaitl with the nice little dive and little extra. Kings go 4 on 4 and just absolutely disrespect possession. Can't wait to get it to Edmonton and Edmonton wants possession. Treated the 4 on 4 like their own PP.

I think when these two play, Kings cannot stop Edmonton. Going on 3 years now. But Edmonton cannot play defense, and doesn't even want to play defense. So I think possession is going to be the name of the game.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped at Lamppost for a beer, did my dad duty. Teacher had a lot of good things to say about him, he told me don't waste your time anywhere else because they won't have his work up. Easily my most well rounded kid, even has dad's temper when needed.

=)~~

I see it's already 1-0 and from what I've seen so far, if these two meet up again V3.0 the Kings will be losing again. I don't know what it is about this team, they're not contenders either but for whatever reason they have LAs number.

And Skinner...dude, Lizotte bowled into you and you went down like that? Come on man.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped at Lamppost for a beer, did my dad duty. Teacher had a lot of good things to say about him, he told me don't waste your time anywhere else because they won't have his work up. Easily my most well rounded kid, even has dad's temper when needed.

=)~~

I see it's already 1-0 and from what I've seen so far, if these two meet up again V3.0 the Kings will be losing again. I don't know what it is about this team, they're not contenders either but for whatever reason they have LAs number.

And Skinner...dude, Lizotte bowled into you and you went down like that? Come on man.

Lizard wieghs 8 LBs....if he had size and wieght he would be exactly what i wish Kings had lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton has good speed but they honestly just bitch LA around. They get it deep and just run the Kings through the boards every chance they get. Other teams manage that well, but Kings just take it from start to finish and I think that's why they have LA's number.

Saw Lizotte mixing it up, which is nice, but he's 130 lbs soaking wet. Saw Englund in there, which is the guy Kings need doing that.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lizard wieghs 8 LBs....if he had size and wieght he would be exactly what i wish Kings had lol

The Lizard is a buzzsaw, his effort and heart is parallel to none on this team. If you could combine that with PLDs size, you'd have one hell of a hockey player.

He's a great story, but again if he is centering L4 in the POs against guys like this, it'll be a losing proposition yet again.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oil on a PP, if they get this one its probably over in this game. As mentioned Kings dont have much of an answer to being run over.....

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's lots of LA fans in Edmonton because of the 99 connection. Overall however, they remind me of Cowboy fans - lippy, arrogant, this is our year even though they haven't won shit in 3+ decades.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oil on a PP, if they get this one its probably over in this game. As mentioned Kings dont have much of an answer to being run over.....

Look at Hyman just shoving his browneye into Talbot's face, that's what LA needs to do but doesn't.

Oilers just having their way with the Kings right now, get out of this period down 1-0 and regroup. Not a good period.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky to be down by 1, would really like to see response from these guys. Cant even call it a rivalry if you dont fight back....Lizard showing those guys what to do

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good first 5 minutes to start this period. Can't really complain. Taking the body more, pressuring their defense. Turning shifts around and keeping it on the Oilers.