• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G74 38-24-11 Kings @ The Legend 4/1/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to give him next year to be the guy the Kings thought they were getting. New guys tend to take some time to get used to their new teams, living conditions, environments, etc. Fiala fit like a glove but more often than not we see players in new places struggle, and then the second year they tend to feel more comfortable and confident.

If a year from now we are having the same conversations, this is going to be a very expensive problematic mistake.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not as down on him for most Fiala's as some are...except when hes the last man back....not allowed to try to Fiala as last man.....period.

Reviewing the thread..

Agreed. He does some stupid things at times but as much as he does that he makes something out of nothing happen just as much.

He's easily the Kings' most creative player, always trying to buy some time for guys to get open, or if that doesn't happen doing things like he did tonight.

Losing a possible Calder winner in Faber sucks but it's not like the Kings got hosed from a player for player POV. Fiala has delivered.

It's the 1st included in that deal I have the issue with, there was absolutely no need knowing Guerin was up against a wall financially and knowing he was willing to sign a long term deal in LA..

Fiala does Fiala things, Blake doing Blake things. While teams like Vegas and the Canes improve without losing too much, Bowlby cockblocks himself constantly.

I'd be salivating were I a GM, the phone rings and caller ID said Robert Blake on it, I'm about to get some freebies on top.of getting a problem solved.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLG even less effective with better players and L2 opportunities in 2 games....shoulda stepped up and made a statement dude

Crowed was booing, he gave em a chance to laugh

Was thinking this too. Even late, the crowd would boo, which usually has zero effect on a player, or even motivates the player to put it in their face, but PLD was coughing the puck up like it was actually bothering him.

He had the same problem all the Kings seemed to have in that first period too. Just refuse to shoot the puck and always looking for that one extra cute pass that ends up in a turnover. They need a week of just Arvidsson shoot-first drills.