• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G62 31-19-11 Kings vs Sens 3/7/24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they have this headquarters for Redzone and it's pretty much one host consistently now (They flirted with two guys in rotation, but one dude is just way better). The whole broadcast, the studio just goes to the game where the team is most likely to score, usually when they're in the "Red Zone", which is the 20 yard line and in. So whatever game is most likely to score, they just go to that game, regardless of whatever else is going on. If you miss a big play that happened to score outside of 20 yards, they go and show you the replay anyway when there's a break. If multiple games are within the 20 yard line, they'll split the screen and show you both games, with audio of whichever game is more important, or is closer in score. Slightly subjective, but they do an amazing job with all that. If there are 4 games where a team is about to score, they will max out on their "Quad-box", where they will actually split the screen into fours, but that's pretty rare. The 10am window (Pacific) is really where it's at. Football is like train scheduling with their efficiency, and you can basically tune in at 10:01 and all games are kicking off almost simultaneously. You will probably have like 8-10 games at the same time and it's a ton of energy. Afternoon window will be scaled anywhere from 2-5 games depending on many variables I am not privy to. Afternoon games are real weird with some starting at like 12:15, but some later like after 1 for whatever reason.

They also end the broadcast with a Touchdown montage of every single TD of the entire day, so it's like this straight cut of every score of the day in one video that take a few minutes.

The only real drawback in my opinion, is that they're contracted for multiple games, so when they get down the final single game of the game, they have to call it and wrap up their broadcast. I don't know why this is, but if you only have Redzone, and the final game of the afternoon window (Before the final Sunday Night Football Game) is the only game still on, they will tell you you need to go watch it on whatever network is hosting it. That's when they'll wrap up with the TD montage and you're kind of on your own to know what happened at the end of the final game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're pretty die-hard to want to tune in to watch the Giants still by the way. They had that nice little resurgence two seasons ago, but this most recent year was crazy bad. And rumor is they're cutting ties with Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley, so I don't even know what that team is going to look like going into next year.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a die hard Giants fan having grown up 90 miles west of NY. I watch them any chance I get, no matter how good or bad they are. Same way I feel about the Kings.

The season 2 years ago was bumped by a really soft schedule, it was very misleading. The G Men simply are not good and they haven't had a good team in 10+ years, lot of holes to fill. They are the epitome of boom or bust, when things are good they win Super Bowls, when they suck they get top 5 draft picks. I guess I have a way of picking teams.

=)~~

It's funny how everyone says Jerry Jones needs to stay away from the Cowboys, the same could be said for the Maras. They never say it but they unofficially pull the strings in NY. I cannot wait until they leave the business, they have run NY into the ground.

And Daniel Jones is not a franchise QB, they can dump him after this year based on how they structured his contract. Dude is a bum, most Duke QBs never amount to anything in the NFL. Barkley will be a hit but his time is done too in NY, RBs have short shelf lives and his prime is over.

Last edited:

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a die hard Giants fan having grown up 90 miles west of NY. I watch them any chance I get, no matter how good or bad they are. Same way I feel about the Kings.

The season 2 years ago was bumped by a really soft schedule, it was very misleading. The G Men simply are not good and they haven't had a good team in 10+ years, lot of holes to fill. They are the epitome of boom or bust, when things are good they win Super Bowls, when they suck they get top 5 draft picks. I guess I have a way of picking teams.

=)~~

It's funny how everyone says Jerry Jones needs to stay away from the Cowboys, the same could be said for the Maras. They never say it but they unofficially pull the strings in NY. I cannot wait until they leave the business, they have run NY into the ground.

And Daniel Jones is not a franchise QB, they can dump him after this year based on how they structured his contract. Dude is a bum, most Duke QBs never amount to anything in the NFL. Barkley will be a hit but his time is done too in NY, RBs have short shelf lives and his prime is over.
My wife is a Cowboys fan, so that pretty much makes me one as well. Used to hate them in the 80's-90's. I am pretty sure I would rather have Jones than Prescott any day of the week. He is so overhypped its not funny. His stats are all padded when they are losing in the 3rd/4th quarters. He thinks he deserves Maholms money and he hasnt one anything. I will not get off of this soapbox until he is no longer a Cowboy or finally goes away.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is a Cowboys fan, so that pretty much makes me one as well. Used to hate them in the 80's-90's. I am pretty sure I would rather have Jones than Prescott any day of the week. He is so overhypped its not funny. His stats are all padded when they are losing in the 3rd/4th quarters. He thinks he deserves Maholms money and he hasnt one anything. I will not get off of this soapbox until he is no longer a Cowboy or finally goes away.

Man im glad i dont watch football anymore....Giants/Cowboys/Eagles fans shouldnt be chheering the same NHL team

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The biggest thing that needs to go away from the Cowboys is Jerry Jones. Good lord I would be irritated as hell if I was a coach and all this guy did was meddle in my work every day. He needs to stay away from decision making but that's not going to happen. Control freak.

I actually think Prescott is a decent QB, but he reminds me a lot of Tony Romo - just couldn't win when it actually matters. I'll never forget Elliot's last snap as a Cowboy, that funky alignment, he snapped the ball and just got freight trained. I literally couldn't stop laughing.

I'll never understand how they are self proclaimed "America's Team" yet they are one of the worst playoff performers ever. Proof brand is everything.

Consider this, Big Blue has more SB playoff losses in the last 30 years than the Cowboys have appearances. And I have no idea how it happened but my oldest son is a Cowboy fan, my youngest daughter is an Eagles fan, my youngest son is a Ravens fan and oldest daughter DGAF about sports. At least the Ravens are AFC so there's no real rivalry there although the Ravens whooped NY in that 2000 SB.

I get clowned every fall, I taught all y'all better.

=)~~

Last edited:

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest thing that needs to go away from the Cowboys is Jerry Jones. Good lord I would be irritated as hell if I was a coach and all this guy did was meddle in my work every day. He needs to stay away from decision making but that's not going to happen. Control freak.

I actually think Prescott is a decent QB, but he reminds me a lot of Tony Romo - just couldn't win when it actually matters. I'll never forget Elliot's last snap as a Cowboy, that funky alignment, he snapped the ball and just got freight trained. I literally couldn't stop laughing.

I'll never understand how they are self proclaimed "America's Team" yet they are one of the worst playoff performers ever. Proof brand is everything.

Consider this, Big Blue has more SB playoff losses in the last 30 years than the Cowboys have appearances. And I have no idea how it happened but my oldest son is a Cowboy fan, my youngest daughter is an Eagles fan, my youngest son is a Ravens fan and oldest daughter DGAF about sports. At least the Ravens are AFC so there's no real rivalry there although the Ravens whooped NY in that 2000 SB.

I get clowned every fall, I taught all y'all better.

=)~~
I will have to disagree with the descent QB statement. He is very uncomfortable in the pocket. I will be dating my self a bit, but he reminds me of Jim Everett of the Rams with the "happy feet". He isnt very accurate and doenst know when to scramble or just adjust in the pocket to get an extra second. I watch the games in a separate room than my wife so I dont point out everything he does wrong.
He essentially had an allstart offense around him the past few years and still couldnt win. I will admit that one of those years the defense was terrible.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have to disagree with the descent QB statement. He is very uncomfortable in the pocket. I will be dating my self a bit, but he reminds me of Jim Everett of the Rams with the "happy feet".

Good old "Chris Everett", seeing him lose his mind on Jim Rome never gets old. And now thinking about it, you're right. Everett was one of the worst game managers ever, seeing him do the tuck and roll to avoid contact was a weekly norm.

He isnt very accurate and doenst know when to scramble or just adjust in the pocket to get an extra second. I watch the games in a separate room than my wife so I dont point out everything he does wrong.
He essentially had an allstart offense around him the past few years and still couldnt win. I will admit that one of those years the defense was terrible.

He's definitely had the talent around him, which is why I compare him to Tony Romo - he had some stacked teams as well (Elliott, Irvin, Schultz, not to mention a stout defense with stars) but just couldn't win when it counted.

The definitive image of Romo (keep in mind he played another 5 seasons, retiring after 2016) I have is the last Giants championship in 2012, the Cowboys could have made the playoffs in the last game of the regular season if they beat NY and they are in Dallas - they're marching down the field, 4th quarter and time running out, the Giant front 4 just bull rushed their O line, Romo got the "happy feet", panicked and threw a completely ill advised pass into double coverage that one of the Giant corners picked off. Game over, season over but basically summed up his career in one play. If he eats that one or throws it away, he still had 4th down left.

Personally I don't see Prescott ever winning honestly because he does things like that too much, just like I don't see Jones ever being a franchise QB or winner either.