• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been known that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is building up to the formation of The Sinister Six, a group made up of Spider-Man’s deadliest foes, that likely includes Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Electro, Vulture, and others. Today, Sony officially announced that they are expanding the Spider-Man cinematic universe, with plans to move forward on Venom and The Sinister Six movies:
“CULVER CITY, Calif., December 12, 2013 – In a move to forge a new legacy in the story of Peter Parker on screen, Sony Pictures Entertainment, in association with Marvel Entertainment, is developing several new projects in the Spider-Man franchise, with Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner, Ed Solomon, and Drew Goddard to collaborate on overseeing the developing story over several films that will be produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, and Hannah Minghella, president of Production for the studio.
The five writers, along with the two producers and Marc Webb, have formed a franchise brain trust to expand the universe for the brand and to develop a continuous tone and thread throughout the films. Under the deals, the studio announced that Kurtzman & Orci & Pinkner are writing the screenplay for The Amazing Spider-Man 3, which the studio hopes Webb will return to direct; the film will go into production next fall for release on June 10, 2016. In addition, the team will build on the cinematic foundation laid by Webb, Arad, and Tolmach in the first two movies. They will expand the franchise as Kurtzman & Orci & Solomon will write the screenplay for Venom, which Kurtzman will direct; also, Goddard will write, with an eye to direct, The Sinister Six, focusing on the villains in the franchise. Hannah Minghella and Rachel O’Connor will oversee the development and production of these films for the studio.
In tapping these five writers, the studio and the producers are guiding the future of the franchise with the writer/producers who have each played significant and key roles in developing such highly successful franchises, films, and series as Star Trek, Transformers, “Alias,” “Fringe,” Men in Black, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, World War Z, “Lost,” Cloverfield, The Cabin in the Woods, and Marvel’s upcoming “Daredevil” series.
Commenting on the announcement, Belgrad said, “The Spider-Man film franchise is one of our studio’s greatest assets. We are thrilled with the creative team we have assembled to delve more deeply into the world that Marc, Avi and Matt have begun to explore in The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. We believe that Marc, Alex, and Drew have uniquely exciting visions for how to expand the Spider-Man universe in each of these upcoming films.”
Arad and Tolmach added, “This collaboration was born out of the great experience we and Marc had working with Alex, Bob, and Jeff on The Amazing Spider-Man 2. With more than fifty years’ wealth of stories in the comic books to draw upon for inspiration, the Spider-Man universe is truly boundless; in addition, the Spider-Man comics have the greatest rogues gallery of any series, and to have the chance to explore that on film is truly thrilling. Until now, we have approached each film as a separate, self-contained entity, but with this move, we have the opportunity to grow the franchise by looking to the future as we develop a continuous arc for the story. That is what Alex, Bob, Jeff, Ed, and Drew will do in this unprecedented collaboration, and we’re excited about the directions they are taking the character and the world.”
The most successful franchise in the history of Columbia Pictures, Spider-Man is embraced all over the world. The four Spider-Man films to date have taken in over $3.2 billion worldwide. Spider-Man, Venom, The Sinister Six and other Spider-Man related characters are licensed to Sony by Marvel Entertainment.”

Sony Announces Venom and The Sinister Six Movies | Daily Dead

Hell yes!!! Had to see the S6 movie coming with all the hints they're dropping in the AS2.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love comics (More so DC than Marvel, but Marvel makes better movies with the exception of TDK trilogy)

I thought I would share my thoughts after seeing Captain America: Winter Soldier because it's really bugging me :bawling:

The movie was great, but it's painfully obvious that this movie was the beginning of the end for Steven Rogers (Chris Evans). Some of you may not know, but Chris Evan's only signed a contract to do 6 movies with Marvel because he wanted to step back from acting. He has now done 3 total Captain America, The Avengers, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron (Confirmed 4th), Captain America 3 (Confirmed), 3rd Avengers Movie (Leaving this where Captain America dies or steps down).

For those who don't follow the comics or movie industry, Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier) takes up the role of Captain America in the comics after Steven Rogers is assumed dead. I don't know if Marvel plans on killing off Rogers or making him step down, it's however close they want to follow the comics but this movie is going to be looked at 4-6 years from now as the set up for the next Captain America. There were little clues when Bucky was just as efficient using Captain's Shield, and the last scene after the credits pretty much confirmed it when he started to remember who he was. The actor Sebastian Stan also has a contract for 9 marvel movies, and he's only done two so far.

A related article I found that isn't too old
Sebastian Stan Talks The Winter Soldier and Marvel?s Plans For ?Captain America 3?

The reason this upsets me is because I am a huge Captain America fan with Steven Rogers and I think Chris Evans has done a great job with the character. I would prefer this story/transitional ending if Chris Evan's does hold his end of the deal and walk out on Marvel though oppose to a complete reboot or different actor being Steven Rodgers. The problem though in the foreseeable future for me is I think the Avengers/Marvel films will become loopy and worse by the time the Avengers 3 comes out. So they should probably just end everything after the 3rd Avengers movie if they kill off Captain otherwise I think the prestige of these films will start to decline as all the actors become older and slowly step out.

Insert- "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent, TDK Trilogy (DC, yes I know)

This quote applies to Marvel. As successful as they have been in the movies, I fear they may just start pumping out movies just to sell tickets and forget about the quality of some of their earlier films that were amazing (Pretty much all were good except the Hulk movies). It'll be tough for Marvel to keep viewers as they progress into the realm where only true comic book lovers go. Bucky Barnes making Captain America movies or being Captain America for a couple movies is as enthralling as Terry McGinnis being Batman in Batman Beyond. It's just a lame concept in my opinion and sometimes a comic's just got to end or stop where it's at.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe he either will be killed off or go into a long enduced coma, thus making Bucky(TWS) take over for Cap, like he does in the comics. Cap might be the most popular of the Avengers so he may not be killed off, just so they can leave it open for a possible return. But it all lead to Sebastian taking over since he signed a 10 movie contract.

Evans wants to step away from acting completely and wants to focus on being a director, so he's not just stopping from Marvel, but altogether.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stark dies first in Avengers 2

Vision (Paul Bettany (JARVIS)) has been confirmed

And comic Vision required a merge with human soul to be a synthezoid and not be completely android

That and RDJ is only signed for one more film. Maybe in a reverse role where hes the voice inside Vision (JARVIS) head

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RDJ and iron man is killed off....oh my god. The replacement will get criticized worse than Ben Affleck for Batman.

That said, Capt is my favorite in Marvel. Which is why this is so sad :( I don't want change.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RDJ is also nearly 50... no way he wants to have to stay in iron man shape

Bettany is a great actor too, and Cheadle can be "Iron Man" .. War Machine takes over in the comics too

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it follows suit of the comics, doesn't TWS kill Iron Man for thinking he kills Cap? Not sure they would go that route, since many fans would probably dislike TWS for killing off IM. Might raise high criticism

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it follows suit of the comics, doesn't TWS kill Iron Man for thinking he kills Cap? Not sure they would go that route, since many fans would probably dislike TWS for killing off IM. Might raise high criticism

Depends what comic route they'll take. Iron Man is also killed by Thanos, and they've already thrown Thano's into the mix after the first Avengers movie. Assuming Thano's is a build up for the last Avengers movie (3rd?) they might actually kill off almost all the Avengers and end the Marvel run there. Thano's does kill every Avenger but Captain America if I remember correctly.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what comic route they'll take. Iron Man is also killed by Thanos, and they've already thrown Thano's into the mix after the first Avengers movie. Assuming Thano's is a build up for the last Avengers movie (3rd?) they might actually kill off almost all the Avengers and end the Marvel run there. Thano's does kill every Avenger but Captain America if I remember correctly.

Well it depends on how deep into it they want to go and if they'll stop at 3 or not. They may not go the exact route the comics do, we've seen that before and already in some of these movies. Thanos will be in the 3rd installment and apparently somewhere in Guardians of The Galaxy. So he'll have a major role.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Affleck is now Batman… And RDJ is not going to be ironman anymore…

tumblr_m9ffnrV95U1r1vzzeo2_500.jpg

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to derail the thread, but I for one, am looking forward to Affleck as Batman. I like it. But we can discuss that in another thread.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am literally homo for Christian Bale's acting and his performance in TDK Trilogy. We've already seen Affleck in a superhero role (Dare Devil) and it sucked.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am literally homo for Christian Bale's acting and his performance in TDK Trilogy. We've already seen Affleck in a superhero role (Dare Devil) and it sucked.

I blame that more so on the story and plot more than I do Affleck himself. It just sucked in general. Not entirely on him.

I agree with Bale, he is the fucking man. He's up there for best Batman, with Keaton taking the 2nd spot for me.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I have no doubt that they will "kill" Steve Rogers and place him in purgatory ala the comic book story line. This allows them to potentially reprise the character later on and let Bucky continue on with the shield in the meantime. Some people really liked the Bucky Captain America; I did not.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing they touched on was that The Winter Soldier was responsible for Tony's parents death. So hopefully they touch on that in Age of Ultron, possibly leading to more tension between Cap and Stark

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing they touched on was that The Winter Soldier was responsible for Tony's parents death. So hopefully they touch on that in Age of Ultron, possibly leading to more tension between Cap and Stark

This ^

It'll be interesting with RDJ and his movie contract to see how that plays out. He's signed for Avengers 2 and Avengers 3. However there should be an Iron Man 4 movie that boots in between Avengers 2 and 3. I say this because in Age of Ultron, Tony Stark should find out about his parents death...Iron man 4 could dip into Tony Starks intelligence vs Arnim Zola's little computer body/mind shit, just a thought.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I have no doubt that they will "kill" Steve Rogers and place him in purgatory ala the comic book story line. This allows them to potentially reprise the character later on and let Bucky continue on with the shield in the meantime. Some people really liked the Bucky Captain America; I did not.

I am in the same boat. Regardless if Bucky was basically brainwashed and transformed into a Soviet assassin for Hydra I just can't get into the whole 'Oh now he's been helped and a good guy' let alone, 'Oh now he's going to replace Steve Rogers as Captain America.' It just screams :wtf2: to me and I couldn't get into it. It's one thing to let him become a good guy, but to replace fucking Capt. :gaah:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the same boat. Regardless if Bucky was basically brainwashed and transformed into a Soviet assassin for Hydra I just can't get into the whole 'Oh now he's been helped and a good guy' let alone, 'Oh now he's going to replace Steve Rogers as Captain America.' It just screams :wtf2: to me and I couldn't get into it. It's one thing to let him become a good guy, but to replace fucking Capt. :gaah:
Same. I know they gave him a different suit and all but... no, just no. They should have done some type of US Agent-type of character for him or something. Even let him carry Cap's shield but under a different moniker... I just did not like that storyline.