• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved X Men Days/Future. Amazing Spiderman 2 was pretty meh. Still haven't seen Captain 2 but I've heard it's ridiculously good.

Batman v Superman has very high expectations from me. There are going to be some serious brawls in that film. The shots of Afleck in the suit and the batmobile were pretty cool. I'm also hoping Cyborg and Wonder Woman only have very minor, introductory roles and most of the film centers around Batman and Superman alone.

Really looking forward to Guardians too. Pratt is perfect for Starlord but I have to say I'm not really digging Rocket's voice. It's just too normal for me in the trailers. Not a big deal really though.

I'm worried that Ant-Man is going to spiral downward. Edgar Wright left the project recently and they still haven't found a new Director. It sounds like Marvel wants to do a different style of film than Wright did, and I'm worried that means they're trying to make a superhero comedy (casting Paul Rudd) and that scares me.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been revealed that Sinister director Scott Derrickson will helm Doctor Strange, a project that has yet to be officially announced by Marvel. (Expect that official announcement to come at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, where the studio traditionally unveils new projects.) Derrickson himself confirmed the news on Twitter after initial reports hit the internet.

Based on the character created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko for 1963′s Strange Tales #110, the Doctor Strange movie has been long rumored, having been teased by Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige as being in development in past interviews. The choice of Derrickson—whose previous films include not only Sinister but also The Exorcism of Emily Rose—to direct suggests Marvel may be looking to use the supernatural superhero to move in a horror direction, similar to using Guardians of the Galaxy to push the studio towards science fiction and away from more obvious superhero fare.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Venom stand alone film is in the works. As happy as that makes me feel initially, I just don't think the studios will make a film, which would probably include Carnage, that would do those characters justice. You would need some serious death and horror to do Carnage right and they won't be able to get that into a PG13 film.

There is a really cool fan made Venom short film out there too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YDYL6oECjU

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but Batman vs Superman seems stupid. Take away kryptonite and Batman has no chance against Superman. I don't care if he's the world's most perfect human, a human vs a super powered kryptonian? Good luck with that.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are skeptical of WB's decision to cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. I'm not going to lie, I wanted Bryan Cranston as Lex, but most of us fall into these casting nets because 1) that's one of our current favorite actors and 2) that person is bald

I'd bet 90 % of the people were caught off guard by Eisenberg's casting simply because of his curly hair and younger look. Eisenberg is not your traditional Lex, but I think the idea is that Lexcorp will be a young and edgy company going up against Wayne's seasoned and experienced company. New money vs old money.

Here are some well done fan made posters with Eisenberg bald. He doesn't look too bad with a shaved head.

batman-vs-superman-poster-jesse-eisenberg_zps0ebcfa39.jpg

luthor2_zpsc6bdcadc.jpg

I'm down, was a mistake to make Man of Steel without Lex IMO. He's just as important to Superman as Lois Lane.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel is really going heavy on quantity over quality with their films it seems. I don't blame them though, their Marvel name brand is so highly coveted that any movie and any character stand alone film they release will garner interest and make a lot of money.

My only issues with that is we get a lot of Iron Man 2s and Thor 2s that are entertaining and passable but very average in quality.

I think Marvel plays it too safe with their film. They have a formula and it works. Good, entertaining, appeals to kids, makes a lot of money. It's not a bad thing, but I want Marvel to take some more risks with their films and stride for something great.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but Batman vs Superman seems stupid. Take away kryptonite and Batman has no chance against Superman. I don't care if he's the world's most perfect human, a human vs a super powered kryptonian? Good luck with that.

I don't think the idea is necessarily Batman fighting Superman for the entire film, but more like they have a conflict and disagreement over how to protect a city or how to take down Lexcorp.

It'll be interesting to see how they've written the story, but the title "Dawn of Justice" obviously hints that there will be conflict and disagreement, but ultimately the two will realize they both need each other as well as others (Wonder Woman, Cyborg, etc) to take down the real threats.

For Justice League to be interesting, there has to be inner turmoil and a bit of conflict within the group. I think Batman "vs" Superman will set that up

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel is really going heavy on quantity over quality with their films it seems. I don't blame them though, their Marvel name brand is so highly coveted that any movie and any character stand alone film they release will garner interest and make a lot of money.

My only issues with that is we get a lot of Iron Man 2s and Thor 2s that are entertaining and passable but very average in quality.

I think Marvel plays it too safe with their film. They have a formula and it works. Good, entertaining, appeals to kids, makes a lot of money. It's not a bad thing, but I want Marvel to take some more risks with their films and stride for something great.

On the surface, I agree.

Then I think about Captain America: Winter Soldier. 2nd best Avenger movie yet. And Thor 2 was better than Thor (I was not a fan o Thor, so I may be biased in that one).

They had the 3-Stage plan from he beginning, so I don't think it fair to say they have abandoned good movies for cashing in. They are following a basic blueprint set fourth years ago.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, the premise of the S v B thing is that Batman shows up because he's pissed about how much destruction occurred to Metropolis because of S's presence. That his continued presence on this planet will lead to more of it everywhere. Bats may put in motion some type of plan with the help of Wayne tech technology to get S to leave. But all this probably leads up to a larger threat forcing them to start working together, along with why WW is here, and possibly some other eventual JL members making intro appearances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, the premise of the S v B thing is that Batman shows up because he's pissed about how much destruction occurred to Metropolis because of S's presence. That his continued presence on this planet will lead to more of it everywhere. Bats may put in motion some type of plan with the help of Wayne tech technology to get S to leave. But all this probably leads up to a larger threat forcing them to start working together, along with why WW is here, and possibly some other eventual JL members making intro appearances.
Right, I haven't read it, but they will probably be following the line of the Frank Miller story The Dark Knight Returns, where an older Batman than the Bale version has to stop a new powerful threat to the world, which is Superman. I saw that coming in the Man of Steel film. If you look at how clearly they chose to show the absolute destruction of a city in the final act of the film, you can't help but think about how a guy like Superman is just too powerful for Earth.

Batman will probably think of Superman as a threat to the planet and then the good stuff will start. Hopefully this is where the meat of the film will be and hopefully they won't screw it up. I can see Bruce and Luthor teaming up for the greater good, then Luthor shooting off in another direction that puts Batman and Superman, plus a couple others in line to oppose him.

Who knows. All I know is I'm really looking forward to seeing these two fight on the big screen. People who know that story know how the battle ends, and introducing the film at Comicon, the creators kinda let it slide, but one side of the Batman vs Superman debate is pretty excited.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's supposed to be a big Batman v Superman reveal tomorrow. I'm gonna guess they're gonna show Wonder Woman's suit

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface, I agree.

Then I think about Captain America: Winter Soldier. 2nd best Avenger movie yet. And Thor 2 was better than Thor (I was not a fan o Thor, so I may be biased in that one).

They had the 3-Stage plan from he beginning, so I don't think it fair to say they have abandoned good movies for cashing in. They are following a basic blueprint set fourth years ago.

Totally agree with you there. Thor was a bit of a snooze fest.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thor 1 pretty much sucked. Thor 2 was better, but I got sick to death how half the movie is just Thor argues with Dad. Dad argues with Thor. Thor argues with Loki. Loki argues with Thor. On and on and on....

But I think Marvel is on the right track with making the movies darker as a common theme and keeping the camp to jokes here and there. Some complained that Superman was too dark. I didn't have any problem with that.

Oh and word is the Ant-man movie is in total disaster mode as Edgar Wright, who had been involved in the script, pre-production for years, and was going to be lead director, had some massive blow up with Marvel over the script this past month. He and most of the production team that had been formed have immediately walked from the project. Many directors that reached out to declined which is a really bad sign.

They finally got new director Payton Reed and the script will be overhauled by Adam McKay. For a movie that's supposed to be released next summer, it's not looking good. Reed's list of movies are only comedies and comedies are McKay's main thing as well. I think this one is going to end up pushed back to either winter 2015 or 2016.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some updated photos of Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck. Both look in tip top shape. If they fought though it looks like Cavill would own Ben...both in real life and as Superman lol

Cavill_zps6d1bf03f.jpg

Ben_zps04b55228.jpg

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are skeptical of WB's decision to cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor...

eisenberg is a perfect fit for the role of lex luthor

spectacular casting

if the script is halfway decent, he'll steal the show

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thor 1 pretty much sucked. Thor 2 was better, but I got sick to death how half the movie is just Thor argues with Dad. Dad argues with Thor. Thor argues with Loki. Loki argues with Thor. On and on and on....

But I think Marvel is on the right track with making the movies darker as a common theme and keeping the camp to jokes here and there. Some complained that Superman was too dark. I didn't have any problem with that.

Here's how I would rank and rate all the Marvel films

1. The Avengers (9/10)
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (8.5/10)
3. Iron Man 1 (8.5/10)
4. Captain America: The First Avenger (7.7/10)

5. Iron Man 3 (7/10)
6. Thor 2 (7/10)
7. Incredible Hulk (with Edward Norton...7/10)
8. Thor 1 (6/10)
9. Iron Man 2 (6/10)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, here's how I would rank all the DC films

1. The Dark Knight (10/10)
2. The Dark Knight Rises (8.8/10)
3. Batman Begins (8.5/10)
4. Superman 1 (8/10)
5. Batman 89 (8/10)
6. Superman 2 (7/10)
7. Watchmen (7/10)
8. Man of Steel (6.5/10)
9. Superman Returns (6/10)
10. Batman Forever (6/10)
11. Batman Returns (6/10)

12. Green Lantern (4/10)
13. Batman & Robin (2/10)

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, here's how I would rank all the DC films

1. The Dark Knight (10/10)
2. The Dark Knight Rises (8.8/10)
3. Batman Begins (8.5/10)
4. Superman 1 (8/10)
5. Batman 89 (8/10)
6. Superman 2 (7/10)
7. Watchmen (7/10)
8. Man of Steel (6.5/10)
9. Superman Returns (6/10)
10. Batman Forever (6/10)
11. Batman Returns (6/10)

12. Green Lantern (4/10)
13. Batman & Robin

Switch Superman 1 with Superman 2, and then switch Batman Begins with The Dark Knight Rises, and that's what I'd do, too.

Well, except i'd put "0." in front of the score you gave to green lantern.