• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi (2017)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode VIII is officially in production now! Lets use this thread to post any news, info, rumors, and/or any related info but please use the spoiler tab when necessary. Cant wait!

Scheduled release date: December 15, 2017

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see how far into the future the storyline jumps to in comparison with episode 7. In the tradition of the franchise, we should expect that episode 8 will not pick up immediately after the events of the most recent film, but will instead jump forward in time to a significant point in the future. Obviously the groundwork has been set in ep7 and we have a firm belief of what to expect, but I'm wondering if it is going to show any of Rey's training with Luke... or are we going to be forced to adjust to a new & more powerful Jedi-esque Rey? And we definitely still need an explanation to Rey's past (Jakku desertion) and possible lineage. Is she Luke's daughter? Not to mention so many other questions I have... Will Finn become the new Han Solo? Will Luke take on a prominent role, or is he a shattered soul? Quite the emotional journey he's faced with between Ben Solo's upheaval & the possible reintroduction to his daughter. Which reminds me, how did Maz get Luke's lightsaber? And how much will we see BB-8, R2D2 or C3P0 in the next episode? And what of Kylo Ren? He's headed back to Snoke to further his training. Does that mean he's going to be a mega badass next time we see him? I don't think we've seen the last of Captain Phasma?

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

Dammit I knew getting myself into this thread was going to make my head hurt!

All I know is... I want me some more Daisy Ridley...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did hear about Benicio Del Torro being one of the new villains in episode 8.

Not exactly sure how I feel about that. :noidea:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see how far into the future the storyline jumps to in comparison with episode 7. In the tradition of the franchise, we should expect that episode 8 will not pick up immediately after the events of the most recent film, but will instead jump forward in time to a significant point in the future. Obviously the groundwork has been set in ep7 and we have a firm belief of what to expect, but I'm wondering if it is going to show any of Rey's training with Luke... or are we going to be forced to adjust to a new & more powerful Jedi-esque Rey? And we definitely still need an explanation to Rey's past (Jakku desertion) and possible lineage. Is she Luke's daughter? Not to mention so many other questions I have... Will Finn become the new Han Solo? Will Luke take on a prominent role, or is he a shattered soul? Quite the emotional journey he's faced with between Ben Solo's upheaval & the possible reintroduction to his daughter. Which reminds me, how did Maz get Luke's lightsaber? And how much will we see BB-8, R2D2 or C3P0 in the next episode? And what of Kylo Ren? He's headed back to Snoke to further his training. Does that mean he's going to be a mega badass next time we see him? I don't think we've seen the last of Captain Phasma?

Im expecting another yoda like scene for that already

and it wouldn't surprise me if they did a hologram yoda either

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im expecting another yoda like scene for that already

and it wouldn't surprise me if they did a hologram yoda either
I would love to see that rather than be forced to acknowledge her training is complete.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm assuming that they will jump into the future a certain amount of years similar to the jump from A New Hope to The Empire Strikes Back. I'm expecting a decent amount of clarification in episode 8 seeing that episode 7 severely lacked much of any.

Things I'm expecting:
1) a much more powerful non pussy like Kylo Ren
2) holographic jedi's
3) Background on Rey/Finn
4) lots of Luke

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there were plans to have a scene at Vader's castle in The Force Awakens but they scrapped it. I'm hoping that will make an appearance either in this trilogy at some point or in Rogue One. I guess in the no longer canon EU his castle was on Corisanthe but the sketches I saw looked like it was in a creepier more secluded location. Might have been inspired somewhat of Count Dracula's castle. Perhaps on one of Corisanthe's moons. What would be really cool would be if he had the entire moon to himself as opposed to it being a suburb of Corisanthe. Not really sure how it would fit in the story but if it's part of the main saga hopefully it's done as a flashback so that we get to see Vader alive in it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still curious about the Kylo Ren scene with Vader's head. He was clearly talking to it like it was "showing him the way" (evidence from him asking it that question). I'm wondering if Vader has been presenting himself (hologram) to Ren? Thinking we might see that in the next movie... Just a suspicion of mine

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there were plans to have a scene at Vader's castle in The Force Awakens but they scrapped it. I'm hoping that will make an appearance either in this trilogy at some point or in Rogue One. I guess in the no longer canon EU his castle was on Corisanthe but the sketches I saw looked like it was in a creepier more secluded location. Might have been inspired somewhat of Count Dracula's castle. Perhaps on one of Corisanthe's moons. What would be really cool would be if he had the entire moon to himself as opposed to it being a suburb of Corisanthe. Not really sure how it would fit in the story but if it's part of the main saga hopefully it's done as a flashback so that we get to see Vader alive in it.

There was talk that in the new movies, they planned to explore more about Sith and Jedi lore. They didn't really do much of that in Force Awakens, but they could dive into that a lot in the second movie during Rey and Kylos development with masters training them.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that Vader had some type of residence located on the ancient Sith home world, referred to as Korriban (SW extended universe) or Moriband (Disney/Lucasfilm Clone Wars). And if so, Moriband may end up mentioned or even a location in 8 or 9.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the meantime, check out this very cool and high quality Star Wars fan made film entitled Darth Maul: Apprentice.

I always find it interesting that despite how hated the prequels are, especially The Phantom Menace, that Darth Maul remains one of the most iconic Star Wars characters.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the meantime, check out this very cool and high quality Star Wars fan made film entitled Darth Maul: Apprentice.

That was pretty cool. Kudos to the actors and choreographer of the film. They played the parts well.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was brilliant in Sicarrio. He'd be a good edition to the franchise.

Always liked him in fear and loathing... And played a neat part in Sin City.

I wonder how the Luke training goes... Maybe a dive back to the original a bit where her training ends up incomplete... maybe throw a twist where when she needs to run, Luke goes with.