• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new Star Wars film is getting closer by the day, and Lucasfilm and Disney have just announced some new information on the status of the production. Episode VII — co-written and directed by J.J. Abrams — is set to begin shooting this May at Pinewood Studios in London. For the first time, however, the team is giving an indication of what fans can expect to see when the film hits theaters in 2015. According to today's release, it will take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi, which capped off the original Star Wars trilogy, and "will star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces."

The latter reference is no doubt a nod to what has been rumored for months: that Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill could return to the franchise to reprise their roles as Han Solo, Leia Organa, and Luke Skywalker. Jedi came out in 1983, just over 30 years ago, which would bring the ages of the older actors and their characters right into alignment. As for that new trio of leads, casting rumors have been running rampant, with Adam Driver (Girls) recently named as a likely candidate to play the villain. None of the casting information has been confirmed just yet, but with May the 4th — unofficially known as "Star Wars day" — and San Diego Comic-Con coming up, we wouldn't be surprised to see some very big announcements made before the end of summer.

adam_Driver.jpg

Adam Driver

There is also talk of part of the plot involving a Sith home world that goes by the name of "Moraband".

Often described as a harsh and unforgiving planet, it's home to many of the most sacred Sith artefacts… and appears in numerous books and videogames as a sacred place where countless Sith have learned the ways of the Dark Side.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Ford would come back when he did the last Indiana Jones movie he said that he didn't believe Solo was all that deep of a character and it would take a lot for him to come back. Though once the dollar amount is placed in front of him it could always change his opinion.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Ford would come back when he did the last Indiana Jones movie he said that he didn't believe Solo was all that deep of a character and it would take a lot for him to come back. Though once the dollar amount is placed in front of him it could always change his opinion.

What's being said is that they're coming back, but their roles will not the the leads. That probably works well for all three of them.

From what I've also heard, the younger generation of primary characters could potentially be the children of Solo and Leia who would now be in their mid to early 20's. Luke has assumed responsibility of rebuilding the Jedi order.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I really hope that the new generation of movies aren't crap like the episodes 1-3. I'm old school and would like to see some actual robots and animatronics ACTUALLY built and not computer animated....just like the original movies!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's being said is that they're coming back, but their roles will not the the leads. That probably works well for all three of them.

From what I've also heard, the younger generation of primary characters could potentially be the children of Solo and Leia who would now be in their mid to early 20's. Luke has assumed responsibility of rebuilding the Jedi order.

Yea I always thought Han had some force in him as well. I would also see the Empire still around because you know it wouldb die just because the emperor died.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 New young leads?

Sounds like Jaysen, Jayna and Anakin...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I really hope that the new generation of movies aren't crap like the episodes 1-3. I'm old school and would like to see some actual robots and animatronics ACTUALLY built and not computer animated....just like the original movies!

George Lucas was paid 4 billion to get control away from him. He's only contractually listed as a "consultant" for any of the movies going forward. I'm sure ILM will be heavily involved in effects work with the movies, but appears Lucas will not be directing or most importantly, involved in the script, dialogue, and choice of actors.

What also many need to remember is Disney is doing ep 7-9, but also plans for 3 other movies as well, based in the SW universe, but dealing with different characters and timelines. Very interested to see what they develop with those.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will never happen. The costs of building those things vs CGI alone would stop it. Not to mention the new target audience is going to be kids and kids don't care about old school and want all that CGI.

You are going to be disappointed.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to it

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: I can't wait for the new ones!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will never happen. The costs of building those things vs CGI alone would stop it. Not to mention the new target audience is going to be kids and kids don't care about old school and want all that CGI.

You are going to be disappointed.

Sadly I must agree. I understand that kids will most likely be the target audience, being that Disney is taking over the franchise, and it's a shame. I don't see why you can't target an older population yet keep it pg at the same time, much like the original movies did. All I'm asking for is to keep the childish humor, a la Jar Jar Binks type, away and keep the plot simple yet intriguing. I really don't think it's that difficult!

I know I'm just talking out of my ars right now but I was so disappointed in Lucas after his decisions on episodes 1-3 that I hope it doesn't carry over to the new installments. I guess we will have to wait and see what Abrams comes up with. I liked his remake of the Star Trek movies and I'm hoping he doesn't go overboard with the new Star Wars episodes. Once again, I'm old school and what made the original movies so freakn awesome we're the simple things.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought they went all heavy on the droids in 1-3 so not to kill off so many people (like troopers) but inanimate objects (droids).
I also thought they could have made as many jedi movies as they wanted or even series. Just other jedi's (or sith) elsewhere. Away from the main Star Wars story.

I think the Star Wars movies are better with some darkness to them, not all kid orientated.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely can't wait! If you expect them to be as good as the originals then you will likely be disappointed. If you expect them to be as bad as the prequels, then you will probably (hopefully) be delighted. I'm sure I'll like them no matter what, even though I expect to roll my eyes at a few parts. If the prequels taught me anything, it's that a bad Star Wars movie is still better than most movies in my opinion.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely can't wait! If you expect them to be as good as the originals then you will likely be disappointed. If you expect them to be as bad as the prequels, then you will probably (hopefully) be delighted. I'm sure I'll like them no matter what, even though I expect to roll my eyes at a few parts. If the prequels taught me anything, it's that a bad Star Wars movie is still better than most movies in my opinion.

I don't think 4-6 minus the Ewoks will ever be topped simply because they became such classics to adults and children during that time period.

But I have high hopes that these new ones will still be a massive improvement over the clusterfuck disaster that 1-3 was. It was like George Lucas purposely set out to nuke the franchise. It was soo bad, they aren't even worth acknowledging.

What I'm concerned about is over saturation. They are talking about 6 movies over 6 years. 7,8,9 in years 1,3 and 5. And 3 solo movies dealing with different stories in years 2,4, and 6. That's a whole lot of SW with not a lot of breathing room.

It appears they are going to use the Marvel blueprint for the SW universe. They paid 4 billion dollars for the rights to it all. Disney is going to expect to make back that investment, but also make billions more.

I'm still really excited to see what they can do with this, but just worried about by year 4 or so, you going to feel like you've had enough SW for awhile.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 New young leads?

Sounds like Jaysen, Jayna and Anakin...

Jacen and jaina

Should involve the yuuzahn vong or when jacen turns into darth caedus....and jaina kills him with the help of boba fett.....but the yuuzahn vong war would be too scary and violent for disney and kids.....so my bet will involve the time era of thrawn....

Sorry.....imma stars wars buff and just saw this thread...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I always thought Han had some force in him as well. I would also see the Empire still around because you know it wouldb die just because the emperor died.

Han had no force.....empire was still around....emperor had a clone of himself......but thrawn will be the bad villain if they go the empire rout....and boba fett didnt die so he WILL be in it for sure....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The least you could have done was put "spoiler alert" or some shit before saying that.

I suspect they will borrow a little from the literary universe, but not word-for-word. For example, I would be surprised if they introduce Mara Jade (Luke's wife) even though she is a MAJOR character post VI.

But they will probably reference Luke's time as a Sith Lord.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they chose the Solo children story arc, don't worry cause he doesn't go till they are much older.

If it's true that ep 7 is set 30 years after the events of ROTJ, the Solo children will be early to mid 20s and that's when their Jedi training with a dedicated master really starts. Chewy is around and so is his newphew Lowbacca who becomes friends with the Solo twins.

Last edited by a moderator: