• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect they will borrow a little from the literary universe, but not word-for-word. For example, I would be surprised if they introduce Mara Jade (Luke's wife) even though she is a MAJOR character post VI.

But they will probably reference Luke's time as a Sith Lord.

Never read any of the books, but that makes for a hell of a plot twist.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never read any of the books, but that makes for a hell of a plot twist.

It wasn't a full time gig. He does it basically because a few years after the events of Return of the Jedi, Emperor Palpatine's essence returns in a cloned body. Luke believes the only way to destroy him for good can be achieved through the powers of the dark side. But that doesn't work out and soon turns himself back with help from Leia.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The least you could have done was put "spoiler alert" or some shit before saying that.

Sorry...as said they might not go word for word...

Its going to be hard to change any stories since the movies and books are now all in a timeline...i think lucas had a say in to which way it was going to go before he sold the rights...if they make a mivie and change everything up, then the timeline will lose its authenticity....so i believe since they are bringing the main characters back they will follow the books...

My main concern is if they use the old characters then introduce some new characters to follow a whole different set of characters...like the comic books did with the vong war....used luke jacen and jaina as secondary characters while u followed a new set of characters who struggled against the vong...

I was never a big reader. Just stephen king growing up...but once i read the first book of the new jedi order i was hooked...i only read the after the battle of yavin, which was star wars, books...where it follows the same characters from star wars...not a big fan of the old republic books...anything pre battle of yavin.....for anyone who doesnt know...the timeline is set before star wars and after....anything before the battle of the first death star is BBY....anything after is ABY...RETURN OF THE JEDI would be considered 4ABY.....so looking at 30 yrs after star wars would put us into the new jedi order series.....which excites me because that was the 19 book series that featured the yuuzahn vong war....which is my favorite....its dark and violent tho....dont know how disney would show all that death...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect they will borrow a little from the literary universe, but not word-for-word. For example, I would be surprised if they introduce Mara Jade (Luke's wife) even though she is a MAJOR character post VI.

But they will probably reference Luke's time as a Sith Lord.

I will almost guarantee they will have mara jade....she is lukes wife and they have a son ben.....when she was killed it was voted as one of the biggest star war moments behind anakin solos death...

Plus if its 30 yrs later and luke is in it, hes married to her at that time....luke meets mara right before the twins are born.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they chose the Solo children story arc, don't worry cause he doesn't go till they are much older.

If it's true that ep 7 is set 30 years after the events of ROTJ, the Solo children will be early to mid 20s and that's when their Jedi training with a dedicated master really starts. Chewy is around and so is his newphew Lowbacca who becomes friends with the Solo twins.

Chewie dies when they are around 16-18.....he saves anakin who was still a young kid. ...lowbacca becomes a jedi with the twins....but 25-40 years after star wars is the new jedi order and chewie dies in the first 3 books...right at the start of the war.....i cant see them changing the timeline and have chewie live for another 20 yrs....his death was a huge moment...

SPOILER ALERT

If they stay true it can be a great new trilogy....i been waiting for a new jedi order movie for 6 yrs now....since i started reading them....some huge things will happen if they do..

Chewie dies
Anakin solo dies
Luke has a wife mara and a son ben
Luke has a new jedi order with a bunch of great jedis....kyp durron, coran horn, saba sebatyne, solo twins, anakin, tahiri veila, tennel ka, zekk, jagged fel, kenth hammer..
Would love to see the creepy unknown bird like vergere
Seeing the vong who hate technology like computers or spaceships...all their weapons are living things...ships are corral rock that shoot lava...they embrace pain and disfiguration.
Jacen is tortured by the vong
Corran horn battling shedo shai
Nom anor the evil vong who infiltrates the galaxy wearing a cloaking device to hide their identity...not to mention his eye thats a weapon
Jaina becomes the sword of the jedi
Watching mandolorians, empire, republic and all species come together to battle one enemy....boba fett saving han solo
Then coruscant the capital world being invaded and taken by the vong who transform it into a world for them...jungles, beasts, moss....what a battle that could be...

Man i hope thats the route they go.....if it works well they could follow onto the next series where jacen turns sith and jaina must kill him.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a full time gig. He does it basically because a few years after the events of Return of the Jedi, Emperor Palpatine's essence returns in a cloned body. Luke believes the only way to destroy him for good can be achieved through the powers of the dark side. But that doesn't work out and soon turns himself back with help from Leia.

I never read that series...i know of it but have never read it...that one the killiks and the courtship of leia are the ones i might go back and read once i finish thefate of the jedi series im on now....been on it for awhile tho..

Something tells me they will somehow do the thrawn trilogy tho...seems like alot of fans like that trilogy...but the twins were just born in that book...

Wookiepedia is a cool website where u can look up all the characters and plots to any fans who dont follow the books...its pretty cool...pics of characters and events ...with bios for everyone in movies and books..

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got some confirmation here:

Star Wars VII is being filmed in London. Peter Serafinowicz was the voice of Darth Maul from Ep 1. Mark Hamill is Luke Skywalker. This picture of Peter and Mark hanging out was taken in London this week. Carrie Fisher is also in London. Harrison Ford was spotted at a London restaurant four days ago.

Serafinowicz will be playing the role of a Nova Corps officer in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

BmP-DpJIgAA9t3f.jpg

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chewie dies when they are around 16-18.....he saves anakin who was still a young kid. ...lowbacca becomes a jedi with the twins....but 25-40 years after star wars is the new jedi order and chewie dies in the first 3 books...right at the start of the war.....i cant see them changing the timeline and have chewie live for another 20 yrs....his death was a huge moment...

SPOILER ALERT

If they stay true it can be a great new trilogy....i been waiting for a new jedi order movie for 6 yrs now....since i started reading them....some huge things will happen if they do..

Chewie dies
Anakin solo dies
Luke has a wife mara and a son ben
Luke has a new jedi order with a bunch of great jedis....kyp durron, coran horn, saba sebatyne, solo twins, anakin, tahiri veila, tennel ka, zekk, jagged fel, kenth hammer..
Would love to see the creepy unknown bird like vergere
Seeing the vong who hate technology like computers or spaceships...all their weapons are living things...ships are corral rock that shoot lava...they embrace pain and disfiguration.
Jacen is tortured by the vong
Corran horn battling shedo shai
Nom anor the evil vong who infiltrates the galaxy wearing a cloaking device to hide their identity...not to mention his eye thats a weapon
Jaina becomes the sword of the jedi
Watching mandolorians, empire, republic and all species come together to battle one enemy....boba fett saving han solo
Then coruscant the capital world being invaded and taken by the vong who transform it into a world for them...jungles, beasts, moss....what a battle that could be...

Man i hope thats the route they go.....if it works well they could follow onto the next series where jacen turns sith and jaina must kill him.

Am I going to need to study before I see the new ones?

I am hoping 7-8-9 flow from 4-5-6... or they better explain what happens in-between....

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am hoping 7-8-9 flow from 4-5-6... or they better explain what happens in-between....

Nothing to study. The new Star Wars film universe will NOT follow the expanded universe from the various books. The new Star Wars films will be original stories not based on any past books.

Breaking: Episodes VII-IX Will Not Follow Expanded Universe. | The Star Wars Underworld

J.J. Abrams and colleagues want to have creative control of the Star Wars franchise without being tied down to canon from previous novels.

Of course, this will piss-off many of the bookfags, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got some confirmation here:

Star Wars VII is being filmed in London. Peter Serafinowicz was the voice of Darth Maul from Ep 1. Mark Hamill is Luke Skywalker. This picture of Peter and Mark hanging out was taken in London this week. Carrie Fisher is also in London. Harrison Ford was spotted at a London restaurant four days ago.

Serafinowicz will be playing the role of a Nova Corps officer in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

BmP-DpJIgAA9t3f.jpg

How funny would it be if they trolled everyone an announced that "Mark Hamill is in the movie but will not be playing Luke". The internet might melt down

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything will be better than the pure, unadulterated dog shit that was episodes I-III.

keep lucas as far away as possible.

and thank GOD they're not being tied down to the current canon about what happens after ep VI. it's little more than fan fiction.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. nothing outside of Episodes 1 - 6 & the Clone Wars series is canon. There may be similarities, but nothing is written in stone.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some interesting picks for some of new members of the cast. Appears to be a mix of American and UK actors.

One name that seems to surprise many since she's not had any major movie roles besides small parts is Daisy Ridley (top middle of that pic). But maybe it was their intent. Appears clear she will play the daughter of Han and Leia. Not sure if a twin brother will exist like the books.

Star-Wars-Cast.jpg

There are also some interesting picks.

Adam Driver (far right top) was already announced he would be playing a villian. Most likely a Sith.

Oscar Isaac (far right bottom). They are being tightlipped on what his role could be.

John Boyega ( far left top). Was in the sci-fi movie, Attack the Block. Reported to be a Jedi apprentice in the movie.

Max Von Sydow. (Middle bottom) Nuff said. Great actor.

Domhnall Gleeson (far left bottom). He played Bill Weasley, Ron's older brother, in the Deathly Hallow's Harry Potter movies.

Great to hear John Williams will be doing the soundtrack work again. 1-3 stunk up the joint, but his amazing music still stood out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY]Across the Stars: Love Theme - YouTube[/ame]

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. nothing outside of Episodes 1 - 6 & the Clone Wars series is canon. There may be similarities, but nothing is written in stone.

I feel ashamed to not know what the 'Clone Wars series' is... What am I missing?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Will Smith's kids."

Then would appear Lando's smooth move did pay off after all. All that time Han was frozen in Carbonite,.....well it doesn't take much explaining. Bros before Ho's violation.

04.jpg

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that is a light saber, could be a bong tho...

posted on Samuel's twitter

FKFbtGs.jpg