• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abrams did a little backpedaling recently regarding Rey's parents. First saying that he knows quite a bit about it, but didn't want to step on the next director's story stating that he could only say that her parents aren't in Episode VII. A couple days later he tries to clarify saying that Rey didn't discover her parents in VII, not that they're not already in her world.

To me, I believe his first quote is more telling - that we haven't seen her parents yet - and Disney told him to reign it back in to keep the talk going until VIII, similar to the Jon Snow hype throughout this entire offseason of GoT.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VIII Has Seemingly Leaked Online And It Will Make You Really, REALLY Mad

Read at your own risk because obviously it contains potentially massive spoilers. Supposedly someone leaked plot details on reddit. It's not as detailed as the Episode 7 leak was (which was basically the entire script and turned out to be 90% true) but its enough to give you the overall plot of where the series is going.
I politely request that anyone who discusses the contents of this article to please use the spoiler tags. I personally will not be opening it and do not want to know its contents.

Thanks. :suds:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always thought that she could be a descendant of Palpertine but I think grand-daughter seems unlikely. Look how old Palpetine was already in the prequels. He's basically already old enough in that trilogy to be the grandfather of someone Rey's age and this trilogy is 2 generations later. Great-great-grandfather or to a lesser extent great-grandfather seems more likely. I know he's a sith lord and theoretically could use that to pull a Bill Cosby on young women but I'd say there's pretty much no way Disney/Star Wars would want to go down that road.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey meets a random droid.
Droid tells her that the guy over there is wearing its master’s jacket.
Rey immediately beats the guy in the face with her staff and holds him down threatening him with her weapon.
Why was this ok to do?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that she could be a descendant of Palpertine but I think grand-daughter seems unlikely. Look how old Palpetine was already in the prequels. He's basically already old enough in that trilogy to be the grandfather of someone Rey's age and this trilogy is 2 generations later. Great-great-grandfather or to a lesser extent great-grandfather seems more likely. I know he's a sith lord and theoretically could use that to pull a Bill Cosby on young women but I'd say there's pretty much no way Disney/Star Wars would want to go down that road.
They went down that road!