• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prequel to Episode I coming out in December

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like... looks like that would be worth going to see

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a less child-like take on the franchise (even though the lead is still a teen aged, kick-ass girl-power).

Is it pre-Episode 1? It looks like it would be between Episodes 3 and 4.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there a scene of Vader in there???

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a less child-like take on the franchise (even though the lead is still a teen aged, kick-ass girl-power).

With the inclusion of the Death Star and the mention of a "major weapons test," I think it's supposed to take place just prior to Episode 4, like you suggested.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure if takes place just before Episode 4 as they said it's the story of them stealing the plans of the death star.

Wanna see some Bothans....

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely is between the prequels and the originals, closer to the originals. I've been hearing for a while that there is a good chance Vader makes a cameo but is not a major character in this movie.

Also heard it could be Hayden Christiansen playing him but I'm not really sure why. If Vader only has a small role we likely won't be seeing him without his mask, so why bother? Also he's too short to play Vader in the suit with the longer artificial legs.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure if takes place just before Episode 4 as they said it's the story of them stealing the plans of the death star.

There may be Bothans in this movie but if I remember correctly, many Bothans died to get info pertaining to the 2nd Death Star.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there a scene of Vader in there???

If you mean around 1:18, I don't think that's Vader. He appears to be hooded which Vader is not know for, or at least not since he got his suit. I'm thinking it could be the Emperor though as those are definitely the Emperor's guards.

I hope those guys actually do something badass in this movie! I got a bunch of random Star Wars toys for Christmas 1983 before having seen any of the movies. I got one of those red guards and he was my favourite. Then I see the movies and all those guys fucking did was stand around! :L

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be Bothans in this movie but if I remember correctly, many Bothans died to get info pertaining to the 2nd Death Star.
SPOILER (if you haven't watched a 40 year old movie)

Yup, my guess is it ends with her managing to get the stolen death star plans on a certain corellian corvette that is trying to escape the Empire blockade.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The director is claiming this is will be very much have the feeling of a "war movie". That's what he's going for. Awesome.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the inclusion of the Death Star and the mention of a "major weapons test," I think it's supposed to take place just prior to Episode 4, like you suggested.

You guys are all correct. I said Episode I when I meant Episode IV (the FIRST movie). My bad

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The director is claiming this is will be very much have the feeling of a "war movie". That's what he's going for. Awesome.

Yeah the Force is supposed to have a very limited presence (if any) in this movie. It will be nice to a see movie from this universe from a different perspective than what we are use to. I enjoyed Episode 7 but I actually think this will be a better movie.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an interesting fact that I just learned. They shot a scene or scenes for Revenge of the Sith with an actress playing a young Mon Mothma. For those who don't know that character is the short haired brunet who referenced the many bothams that died while planning the attack on the 2nd Death Star in Return of the Jedi. Her scene(s) got cut. That same actress has been cast again to play that character for this movie and can be seen in this trailer. She had to wait a little over a decade but she can finally say that she can now finally say that she's in a Star Wars movie, and probably a better one than the one she was originally cast for.

There are rumors of a few actors from the prequels possibly making appearances in this movie. The actors will have only aged by a few less years than their characters from Revenge of the Sith to Rogue One. In addition to Vader and the Emperor possibly making appearances, there is a very good chance that Jimmy Smits will appear as Leia's adopted father Bail Organa.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Force is supposed to have a very limited presence (if any) in this movie. It will be nice to a see movie from this universe from a different perspective than what we are use to. I enjoyed Episode 7 but I actually think this will be a better movie.

Not sure how many of you played this MMO game, but SWTOR had characters that equaled force users. Troopers, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and Imperial Ops all could combat force users. Very well done. But got old. Gave it up, but in the end it proved how normals could combat the elite like force folks.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm arranging music from The Force Awakens for my school's symphony to perform, and I noticed something about Rey's theme.

I think all SW geeks know that it matches really well with The Force theme.

But the first 2 bars of Rey's theme also contain EXACTLY the same notes (no more and no less) as the Imperial March. I really think she and Ren might end up switching places with dark side vs light side at some point.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not ruling out her Grandfathers being Obi Wan and Anakin. Because Kenobi.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how many of you played this MMO game, but SWTOR had characters that equaled force users. Troopers, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and Imperial Ops all could combat force users. Very well done. But got old. Gave it up, but in the end it proved how normals could combat the elite like force folks.

I did really like that when it came out.. Of course you can't give one class a huge advantage in an MMO. But same with the books, sometimes you had very strong Mandalorians or others who could hold their own up to a point.

I do think it would be funny if Rey was like Anakin. She does appear to be VERY strong with the force.. Just make her mom some random virgin force birth. Ruin everyone's theories of who she is tied to.