• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a cool theory that Rey is a reincarnated Anakin/Darth Vader. Awesome stuff.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a cool theory that Rey is a reincarnated Anakin/Darth Vader. Awesome stuff.

That would be incredibly stupid and confusing for the entire world of Star Wars

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be incredibly stupid and confusing for the entire world of Star Wars

The theory I read was very well thought out and very interesting. Not confusing for me at all. Wish I could find it. If I can I will post it.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting a really ill-conceived, silly theory.... but that was not half bad. I could definitely accept this story line.

I still like the Skywalker-Kenobi lineage theory for her though. But I think it is very unlikely... but man it would be awesome. People forget that Obi Wan also had a natural inclination towards mechanics and piloting (although to a comparatively lesser extent than Anakin) which would compound Rey's natural abilities.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there can be ways she is, if you look hard enough. My belief is she's a Skywalker

No she's not. If she was then how come neither Han or Leia recognized her? In every interaction Han had with Rey he had in no way indicated he had ever met her before. When he offered her a job to work with him and she turned him down to go back to Jakku, to wait for her family, he didn't seemed upset. He said I understand you gotta do what you got to do. If he was her uncle wouldn't he had told her "I'm your family. Your my niece and I know your dad Luke Skywalker." Why would he let her go back and wait for someone who's never coming back if he was related to her? In fact he wanted to drop her off on the first inhabited planet after he and Chewie found the Millennium Falcon. If my niece was missing for over a decade I would not let her out of my sight if I stumbled on her, by accident.

When Rey was kidnapped and Finn went to Leia for help she was more concerned with finding out how much Finn knew about the First Order, first and foremost. Helping Rey was secondary to completing her mission. Once again if my niece was missing then I found her, only for her to be kidnapped by a blood thirsty killer (who is my own son, nonetheless) rescuing her is number one priority to me. Leia only referred to Rey as "The Girl." She only knew what Han told her about our heroine(and he didn't know that much to begin with).

Heck the first time they saw each other they make small talk then talk about their son. Wouldn't the first word out of Han's mouth be "OMG I found your brothers missing daughter! " Their entire on screen didn't seem to indicate Luke had a missing kid or a child period.

Heck when Rey first hears Luke's name she says "oh wow I thought he was just a legend. She certainly heard of Solo and his escapades but when Han let's is slip Luke and The Jedi/The Force is real she looks happily surprised.

Which begs the question if Luke has a kid how come his sister and best friend, who is also his brother in law, have no idea who she is? Why would the people who are suppose to be her family treat her like a stranger they've met for the very first time?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No she's not. If she was then how come neither Han or Leia recognized her? In every interaction Han had with Rey he had in no way indicated he had ever met her before. When he offered her a job to work with him and she turned him down to go back to Jakku, to wait for her family, he didn't seemed upset. He said I understand you gotta do what you got to do. If he was her uncle wouldn't he had told her "I'm your family. Your my niece and I know your dad Luke Skywalker." Why would he let her go back and wait for someone who's never coming back if he was related to her? In fact he wanted to drop her off on the first inhabited planet after he and Chewie found the Millennium Falcon. If my niece was missing for over a decade I would not let her out of my sight if I stumbled on her, by accident.

When Rey was kidnapped and Finn went to Leia for help she was more concerned with finding out how much Finn knew about the First Order, first and foremost. Helping Rey was secondary to completing her mission. Once again if my niece was missing then I found her, only for her to be kidnapped by a blood thirsty killer (who is my own son, nonetheless) rescuing her is number one priority to me. Leia only referred to Rey as "The Girl." She only knew what Han told her about our heroine(and he didn't know that much to begin with).

Heck the first time they saw each other they make small talk then talk about their son. Wouldn't the first word out of Han's mouth be "OMG I found your brothers missing daughter! " Their entire on screen didn't seem to indicate Luke had a missing kid or a child period.

Heck when Rey first hears Luke's name she says "oh wow I thought he was just a legend. She certainly heard of Solo and his escapades but when Han let's is slip Luke and The Jedi/The Force is real she looks happily surprised.

Which begs the question if Luke has a kid how come his sister and best friend, who is also his brother in law, have no idea who she is? Why would the people who are suppose to be her family treat her like a stranger they've met for the very first time?
I am not sure which theory I believe, but she can totally be a Skywalker (either through Luke or Leia).

Through the entire movie, she is obsessed with going back to Jakku. When Finn flees with her, her first impulse was to return to Jakku. When the great Han Solo offered her the dream job as crew member on the Falcon, she turned it down because she had to go back to Jakku.

Why was she obsessed with returning to a desert planet where her guardian was practically a slave-driver? So she might see her parents (who abandoned her on said planet) if they happen to return?

No.

She needed to get back because she was programmed to stay there by Luke and/or Leia.

Why didn't Han recognize her? Because Luke and/or Leia wiped all memory of her existence from everyone who knew her.

So if Leia was involved, why doesn't she know who Rey is? Are we sure she doesn't? The first time they meet face-to-face (when Rey gets to the base after Han's death), they look deep into each other's eyes and embrace. I think at this point, the "spell" on Leia AND Rey is "broken", and they both remember the truth (whatever that happens to be).

This explanation works for Rey as Luke's daughter as well as her being "Jaina".

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a youtube video a while back where someone touched on this theory. They made some of the same points but I like this one better as it goes into more detail. I can't make up my mind if I want this to be true or not.

Right! True or not, very cool theory and fun read. I love creative thinking

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting a really ill-conceived, silly theory.... but that was not half bad. I could definitely accept this story line.

I still like the Skywalker-Kenobi lineage theory for her though. But I think it is very unlikely... but man it would be awesome. People forget that Obi Wan also had a natural inclination towards mechanics and piloting (although to a comparatively lesser extent than Anakin) which would compound Rey's natural abilities.

My favorite part of this theory is the reasoning why Darth Vader's ghost won't speak to Kylo Ren. This is why Star Wars is so rad. Gers you thinking.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure which theory I believe, but she can totally be a Skywalker (either through Luke or Leia).

Through the entire movie, she is obsessed with going back to Jakku. When Finn flees with her, her first impulse was to return to Jakku. When the great Han Solo offered her the dream job as crew member on the Falcon, she turned it down because she had to go back to Jakku.

Why was she obsessed with returning to a desert planet where her guardian was practically a slave-driver? So she might see her parents (who abandoned her on said planet) if they happen to return?

No.

She needed to get back because she was programmed to stay there by Luke and/or Leia.

Why didn't Han recognize her? Because Luke and/or Leia wiped all memory of her existence from everyone who knew her.

So if Leia was involved, why doesn't she know who Rey is? Are we sure she doesn't? The first time they meet face-to-face (when Rey gets to the base after Han's death), they look deep into each other's eyes and embrace. I think at this point, the "spell" on Leia AND Rey is "broken", and they both remember the truth (whatever that happens to be).

This explanation works for Rey as Luke's daughter as well as her being "Jaina".

Exactly! There are lots of explanations as to why she might not be recognized (in Leia's case that's hardly a given). Even if their minds weren't wiped she would have been a little girl the last time they saw her and probably went by a different name. That's assuming they ever met her or even knew about her in the 1st place which isn't a given. Let's not forget that neither Luke nor Vader recognized Leia as family either, or vice versa, but she still turned out to be a Skywalker.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! There are lots of explanations as to why she might not be recognized (in Leia's case that's hardly a given). Even if their minds weren't wiped she would have been a little girl the last time they saw her and probably went by a different name. That's assuming they ever met her or even knew about her in the 1st place which isn't a given. Let's not forget that neither Luke nor Vader recognized Leia as family either, or vice versa, but she still turned out to be a Skywalker.

Sorry, I had posted this from my phone which I don't often do. I didn't realize I was using this font. :L

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still looking forward to how the first Jedi temple that Luke's searched for, and I assume is where he and Rey are currently, plays into the next episode. It has to be something pretty important for him to drop out of sight to search for it and have an elaborate map with pieces scattered throughout the galaxy.

Maybe insight into the powers of the dark side that would allow him to have full knowledge of the force to bring the balance foretold in the prophecy?

As far as Rey's heritage, I could see any of the theories holding some weight. I do think she was present when Kylo slaughtered the other younglings and I could see her having either PTSD or her memories erased. Whether she is Luke's daughter, Obi Wan's granddaughter, Vader reincarnated, or just a random child with very high force ability, we'll have a long time to speculate back and forth.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only complaint is that if people thought Anakin was a whiny little bitch then I don't know what to say about Ren because he was worse. Every other scene was him throwing a temper tantrum because something didn't go his way or his "I'm a 17 year old emo kid face" when he took off his helmet.

He was easily the weakest part of an otherwise great movie.

^^^This!

How can they cast him in the first place? Kind if ruined it for me. I liked it fine enough, although as many mentioned, it was kind of Episode Four rehashed... but had they casted correctly with Ren, I might not have noticed/cared about the familiar story.

If this was the first Star Wars ever made, it might be considered a flop.

Loved Finn and Rey.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Fuck you fuckers.

I'm not going to spend much time typing about this, but I went to "The fucking Force Awakens" tonight and it was terrible. The cameos made me cringe, the fight scenes sucked, Solo's kid was a faggot...about every 30 seconds brought some corny coincidence .

FUCKin eh?! Why do you people like this s-h--I-t? Any manuscript that bad should be for cartoons only. Horrible!

040b0a5dd9dbedee2cb6e79d263e241c.jpg

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ok Juice. Good movies aren't for everyone.