• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn you black science man, killing everyone's good time.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CarlSr

I also read that Ren's groupie from the vision are the fallen students of Luke's School that Ren turned. And the flame in his and R2's scene was that academy in flames. So we might see some faces that know Luke. And he will have multiple enemies. Which is fun because I want a battle not a fight.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, @BigRedMoe, I did finally see the latest Star Wars movie at a theatre yesterday. I did note that the final scene is at the edge of a cliff.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Echoes:
  1. At the beginning of episode 4, Obiwan is living incognito on a sparsely populated desert planet. Many years have passed since the Jedi were betrayed and slain during the Clone Wars. At the outset of episode 7, Luke is living on an uncharted planet at the outer edge of the galaxy after student, Jacen Solo/Kylo Ren surrenders to the temptation of the dark side and destroys what Luke was trying to build.
  2. Death Star / Star Killer embedded in a planet. Death Star destroys Alderaan. The Star Killer destroys 4 planets.
  3. Episode 4, the Emperor dissolves the senate. Episode 7, the First Order destroys the senate along with 4 planets.
  4. Luke grows up on a sparsely populated desert planet the ward of his aunt & uncle by marriage. Rey grows up largely independent on a sparsely populated desert planet after being "left behind" by her mysterious departing family.
  5. Luke's ability to use the force is readily apparent to Obiwan. Luke uses the force to destroy the first Death Star before he knows much about it or has any training. Rey doesn't know tinkles about the force when first she experiences it. Her ability is recognized by Maz Kanata, who encourages her. Learning by mimicry, Rey is able to use the force just enough to thwart a wounded Kylo Ren and escape the self-destructing Star Killer planet.
  6. Han uses Luke's light sabre like a Boy Scout pocket knife on Hoth. Finn uses Luke's light sabre like a cudgel on Takodana. Both are better with blasters.
  7. Episode 4, Han's a smuggler who has screwed the pooch on a deal. Episode 7, Han's a smuggler who has screwed the pooch on a deal.
  8. Episode 4, an astrodriod, R2D2 is entrusted with sensitive information and encounters Luke by chance. Episode 7, an astrodroid, BB8 is entrusted with sensitive information and encounters Rey by chance.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kylo Ren is no Darth Vader. At the time of episode 7, he is largely untrained and vulnerable. After being wounded by a blast from Chewie's crossbow, he pursues and engages first Finn (wields light sabre like a cudgel), then Rey (natural with the Force). Those of you grumbling over Ren's vulnerability during these clashes should take a blaster to the mid-torso.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kylo Ren is no Darth Vader. At the time of episode 7, he is largely untrained and vulnerable. After being wounded by a blast from Chewie's crossbow, he pursues and engages first Finn (wields light sabre like a cudgel), then Rey (natural with the Force). Those of you grumbling over Ren's vulnerability during these clashes should take a blaster to the mid-torso.

Probably won't happen since blasters aren't real.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is the all-time domestic record.

At the end of the day on Tuesday, Star Wars: The Force Awakens had earned $758.2 million and earned the remainder it needed to pass Avatar’s $760.5 million domestic box-office record on Wednesday morning. Avatar and The Force Awakens are the only two movies to ever gross more than $700 million in North America. While this is an incredible success for Lucasfilm and Disney, Star Wars has a long way to go if it wants to beat Avatar’s worldwide box-office record of $2.78 billion. Star Wars: The Force Awakens currently has $1.54 billion, but still has yet to open in China.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Star Wars has a great chance to overtake Avatar. word of mouth is great, I think a good number of people have waited until the crowds die down and many will see it more than once.

Avatar was vastly overrated. See once, forget about it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it for third time tonight...

Dailey Ridley does not know how to run. When she runs away from Moz's Cantina, all I can do is cringe.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dailey Ridley does not know how to run. When she runs away from Moz's Cantina, all I can do is cringe.

There is definitely something odd about the way she runs. Very unathletic looking; more goofy than anything.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well she's no Steven Seagal.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damnit! Now this is going to distract me next time I see it. lol

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this complaining about Daisy Ridley masks desires for carnal knowledge of her.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this complaining about Daisy Ridley masks desires for carnal knowledge of her.
1) "All this complaining"? One post?

2) I would study quite hard to acquire that knowledge...

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One post?
Math challenged? ADD?
I count two posts bitchin' about how Ridley runs and two others on the topic. Now, thank me for planting a pleasant notion in your noggin (carnal knowledge of Ms. Ridley). :nod:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a theory that Snoke is actually Rey from the future. Both are skinny, both are white-ish, both know Kylo Ren. I really don't see how this theory is even remotely refutable given the facts.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen an Imax movie before and wasn't impressed really. The sound was fantastic though. My seats were about 1/2 up maybe 1/3. Motion blur was big for me. Next time, I will see a 2D version of it so my eyes aren't bugging out.

I love IMAX especially for these type of movies I'm not as impressed with 3d though. It's ok but it does lose some clarity. They are two different things actually.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main issue I have with the movie is that they really made two movies and crammed them together. As such, they rushed through important character building with Rey. Rey in general seems like a huge problem - 90%+ of the theater I was in was white and male and were there because they grew up with Luke and Han and slave Leia. Next gen is growing up with interracial relationship that the movie was scared to take all of the way. Rey being on a desert planet as a white person in general is bizarre so they had an easy write off if they were going for realism. They clearly just wanted a desert planet. Rey because an invincible sword princess, master of the force, survival expert, expert pilot and expert computer whiz? GTFO. Why do we need Luke? What are her flaws? Bad social skills? Da fuq? Nobody buying her action figure.

I liked Rey. Very good character especially with Hans Solo ("Not bad kid..." ) but, you're right, you do have to wonder where do we go from here.