• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did Leia say to Han to bring their son home? They said anything about a daughter. I mean Luke was a good pilot as well.

I agree.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on Rey's lineage:

Either she is going to be Luke's daughter or Obi-Wan's grandaughter? Obi-Wan had a thing with sending children off to far away planets for protection lol. Either of those 2 seem plausible.

Another thought I was toying with is what if she is the new "force-bred" (conceived by the will of the force, or whatever you want to call it) baby like Anakin was? As in, there doesn't need to be a Jedi-lineage for her to be force sensitive. Anakin was empowered by the Dark side attributes, so maybe Rey is going to be the anti-Anakin in that she is empowered by all that is Light side. Just a thought.

theknight307

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the number of years anakin did not see his mother, is it possible she had another child and Rey is the daughter of that child? I mean when Anakin went back to get his mother, wasn't it years.

Also what was ever known about Anakins father anyway? Was that ever really known?

I am presuming she is a Skywalker but related in a way through some other means.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed the part of Rey's vision where she saw Obi-Wan and Yoda from the old Jedi Order.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on Rey's lineage:

Either she is going to be Luke's daughter or Obi-Wan's grandaughter? Obi-Wan had a thing with sending children off to far away planets for protection lol. Either of those 2 seem plausible.

Another thought I was toying with is what if she is the new "force-bred" (conceived by the will of the force, or whatever you want to call it) baby like Anakin was? As in, there doesn't need to be a Jedi-lineage for her to be force sensitive. Anakin was empowered by the Dark side attributes, so maybe Rey is going to be the anti-Anakin in that she is empowered by all that is Light side. Just a thought.

I doubt she's related to Obi Wan since he followed the Jedi Code to a T all his life. He sent Luke and Leia away when they were newborns so that the empire wouldn't find them and kill them. I don't know if he's related to Rey or if he was somehow involved in stranding her on that desert planet when she was real young. That light saber seem to have chosen her for some reason.

I don't think she was force bred like Anakin was but you are right you don't need a Jedi Lineage to be force sensitive. We saw that in that new Star Wars animation series with Ezra on disney channel.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY got to see it today. My thoughts...

meh :(

SIKE! IT WAS THE SHIT, DA BOMB, AND TOTALLY AMAZEBALLS

yea-fuck-yea.gif

It was great and a lot of fun. It had a lot more comedy in it than I expected. I've only got a couple of small nits to pick:

-Thought the Finn/Rey relationship, whether its romantic or just true friendship love or whatever, moved a little too quickly. There wasn't a good sense of time passing so it all seemed like the just met in a span of day and now are besties. There's 2 more films. Felt they could have let that simmer a little slower. Han and Leia weren't an item in ANH. Seeds were there but it was far more subtle.

-Didn't particularly care for Poe just disappearing with zero explanation. He just shows back up and is like "It's Finn! Oh man, thanks for totally doing that thing I totally bailed on when our TIE crashed. Even though we just met, its super cool you did my job for me". One scene with him alone on Jakku or leaving Jakku thinking he's failed the Resistance would have gone a long way here.

-They needed to do a better job with the Starkiller base and the First Order. This threat that the New Republic doesn't take seriously (minus the Resistance) just took out an entire fucking star system and everyone is just "meh. What was the name of it again?". I know the film was character driven but the scope of Star Wars is large and that needed to be addressed just little bit more.

But like I said, its just small stuff. I enjoyed it immensely and can't wait to see where it goes. My grade?

tumblr_nzqeahO4Br1rj8mcho1_500.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the leaked script from a few weeks (months?) back accurate? I am too lazy to search back through the other thread to find the link to read it now.

I posted that script here months back but haven't read it since. From my memory, I'd say it was 85 to 90% correct. It had all the characters and their roles (though some didn't have names yet), had who Kylo was and Han dying, had the final scene and most of the plot. One thing that was different was Kylo was after Luke's lightsaber instead of map to him. If I had to guess, I'd say that script was an early draft someone got their hands on.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 70557
Portman - Riddley

View attachment 70558

They are hitting us over the head with this.
Outside of 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose and a mouth, I don't see much resemblance.

Portman and Ridley, for instance, have totally different eye brows. Portmans are flat while Ridleys are arched. Ridley has a pert in her hair while Portman has none. Portmans nose is bulbous and Ridleys is straight and narrow. Portmans lips are much fuller. Portman has a squarish head while Ridleys is more roundish.

That said, I realize these are two unrelated actresses. But to have two pics of them and say they are obviously related just doesn't make sense. The obviously are not.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose and a mouth, I don't see much resemblance.

Portman and Ridley, for instance, have totally different eye brows. Portmans are flat while Ridleys are arched. Ridley has a pert in her hair while Portman has none. Portmans nose is bulbous and Ridleys is straight and narrow. Portmans lips are much fuller. Portman has a squarish head while Ridleys is more roundish.

That said, I realize these are two unrelated actresses. But to have two pics of them and say they are obviously related just doesn't make sense. The obviously are not.

What about Luke and Rey? Do you have all of the exact same feautures as your Grandfather? Actors aren't usually the spitting image of other actors they are related to in film.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Luke and Rey? Do you have all of the exact same feautures as your Grandfather? Actors aren't usually the spitting image of other actors they are related to in film.
I agree. But I don't understand why they are doing this comparison when there really isn't any similarity in features between Portman and Ridley.

I can 100% suspend disbelief in relatives in films. You have to. You are dealing with actors, not genetics. Just don't try to make me something that isn't there when the fourth wall is dropped.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping JJ Abrams would let his political leanings dominate the story line, but he did and it just becomes unbearable. The force awakens? The force seems to be more of a myth considering how weak and embarrassing they made Ren.

The obvious PC thing with the woman being a bad ass and the of course the black guy just having natural ability to wield a Saber with NO training. Well, he is black so it should surprise us....I guess was the message? If that was not the message, then what was it the point?

Disappointed and I was really looking forward to Abrams. Yes, he is ultra liberal and he did a decent job of keeping his leanings out of the star trek movies.

Imo he sort of jumped the shark with this.
Take your politico bullshit to the proper forum.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the other day that if she wasn't a Skywalker then who else could she be. For some reason Qui Gon Jinn came immediately to mind and I was thinking she might have been his grand-daughter but then I quickly replaced that theory with her being Obi-Wan's grand-daughter which would make a lot more sense for a few reasons. I still thought a Skywalker seemed more like though.

Then it occurred to me that those 2 theories aren't necessarily mutually exclusive at all! My theory is that after the 2nd Death Star blew Luke needed some sort of purpose. Force ghost Obi-Wan tells him that he has a daughter (whom he may or may have neglected due to his duties as a Jedi) and asks Luke to watch over her, maybe the mother too. So Luke goes to whatever planet she is on, most likely Tatooine or Jakku. Then just as his father fell in love and impregnated Padme while being her bodyguard, Luke does the same with Obi-Wan's daughter and we get Rey. What happened from there, not sure. But how cool would it be if Rey is the grand-daughter of both Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kinobee? It would definitely help explain how she can be so gifted despite her lack of experience and training.
You just made my morning. This would be fucking awesome and explain her natural abilities anyway.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I just thought of a possibility in regards to Finn. Maybe he is an off spring of Leia and.......Lando. Remember Lando? Did he die? I don't think so.

Where was he?

Maybe it is going to be revealed that old Billy Dee laid down the pipe on Leia and she had their kid and that is how he displayed such a skill to wield a Saber like a jedi.

Hmmmmm? Hmmmmm?
It's certainly not off the table. The First Order may have specifically targeted Lando's kid for kidnapping and "reprogramming" out of vengeance for blowing up the second Death Star.

Lando was a good character. I was disappointed he and Wedge were not even mentioned in TFA. Maybe the next installment?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cha-Ching!!!

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has reached $1 billion at the box office, reaching the milestone with record-setting hyper speed.

The Walt Disney Co. said "The Force Awakens" crossed the billion-dollar mark Sunday, accomplishing the feat in just 12 days. The previous movie to reach $1 billion the fastest was Universal's "Jurassic World," which did it in 13 days in June. "Jurassic World" also had the benefit of record grosses in China. "The Force Awakens" doesn't open in the world's second-largest movie market until Jan. 9.

J.J. Abrams' installment of "Star Wars" also posted the biggest Christmas Day box office in history with $49.3 million and the best second-weekend earnings with $153.5 million.

"The Force Awakens" has been setting records since its debut Dec. 17. It brought in a galactic $238 million in North America over its opening weekend, besting previous record-setter "Jurassic World," and set international opening-weekend records in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Europe. It scored the biggest worldwide debut with $529 million. It also topped $100 million in IMAX screenings in 10 days, another global record.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But she does look like Anakin's mother so there's that
databank_shmiskywalkerlars_01_169_7449f0a8.jpe

imrs.php_-850x560.jpg

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There now listing all the cameos that were in Star Wars that couldn't be know cause masks were on, they were motion captured CGI creatures, or they were so brief you didn't catch them right away.

Daniel Craig (yes, James Bond) was the storm trooper that Rey mind controls. Wow.
Billie Lord, Carrie Fishers daughter, was a rebel alliance computer operator.
Simon Pegg (Scottie from new Star Trek movies) was the junk buyer on Jakku.
Greg Grunberg (Heroes, Lost, Alias shows that Abbrams was involved in) is rebel pilot Snap Wexley
Harriet Walter is Christopher Lee's niece and plays the rebel Dr who patched up Chewbacca.
Two cast members from the movie "The Raid" we're one of space pirate gangs, Kanjiklub. Yayan Ruhian and Iko Uwais.
Noticed him and made a comment to my wife later on.