• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are forgetting that Jedi were not supposed to be married (reason Anakin did it in secret) so the chances that Rey is the child/grand child of a Jedi are very remote. I'm telling you Rey is the twin daughter of Han and Leia.

1. There is a history of separating twins and placing one in a remote location.
2. Why in the Hell was the Millennium Falcon on Jakku? To get Rey off planet if needed (fastest ship in the Galaxy).
3. Why did Han show up prompto when the Falcon was activated? (He had a system setup to know exactly when or if the ship was activated).

Han and Leia know who she is and also know how vitally important it is for very few to know.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of a couple of other clues:

1. The movie is trying too hard to make you think Rey is Luke's daughter so she probably isn't.
2. The force mindmeld thing (that seemed way to seamless) between Rey and Kylo is better explained if they are twins and had a bond to begin with. In childhood and the womb they probably had experienced this before.
3. Once Han was dead his life debt was paid but he seemed really attached to Rey and looking to maintain that relationship even traveling with her at the end. So did the life debt transfer to the child?

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to pass a thought. Ben was a chosen name for Luke's son as well. There is no way we can fathom what will come from this. (Besides the obvious Han Solo Part).
The books were written before the prequels (if I'm not mistaken not going to look it up) therefore no one knew it was against the rules for Jedi to marry. This is why they threw the books out as cannon and explicitly stated they were outside as an alternate existence.

Honestly this was the best decision since it would have made making additional movies a pain in the ass to be working plots and stories around the books.

However there is no way the writers haven't read the books for ideas so there are some clues and nods in the movie from the books.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. The force mindmeld thing (that seemed way to seamless) between Rey and Kylo is better explained if they are twins and had a bond to begin with. In childhood and the womb they probably had experienced this before.

Kylo seemed to be using a similar technique on Poe. Could Poe be the love child of Leia and some random rebel pilot?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kylo seemed to be using a similar technique on Poe. Could Poe be the love child of Leia and some random rebel pilot?

He was just using the force to get information out of Poe like he did with other people and Poe wasn't fighting back like Rey was so I don't see that as a possibility.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was just using the force to get information out of Poe like he did with other people and Poe wasn't fighting back like Rey was so I don't see that as a possibility.

I don't know. Poe is an amazing pilot... a little too amazing. He also seems close to Leia, as if she's a motherly figure to him.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anal probe would have gotten the same results.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro in law and I took our nephew to see it. LOVED it. Really appreciate the subtleness of the Star Wars films. Great mix of old and new characters in this one. I was afraid the older characters would be there just to be there for nostalgic purposes, but everything made sense and had reasoning.

My ass was numb by the time the movie was over. Forgot how much I hated movie theater seats. Can't wait to see it again at home when it drops.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7) Wasn't the pink R2 unit supposed to make a cameo? R2-KT? I missed it if it were there.

I missed it too but I just saw this today:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/22-things-to-look-for-when-you-see-star-wars-the-force-1750169807

It's in the background at the Resistance Base. Can't wait to get the Blu Ray so I can pause it and look for cool nuggets.

I don't know. Poe is an amazing pilot... a little too amazing. He also seems close to Leia, as if she's a motherly figure to him.

Poe's character and background are explored pretty heavily in the books/comics that were released prior to the movie. I haven't read them but I've skimmed over articles and comments about them. His parents were part of the Rebel Alliance and met during the Battle of Endor in ROTJ. Both were close to with Leia during their time with the Alliance and in the time post ROTJ doing several missions, etc and Poe was raised to do the same, hence why he's such a skilled fighter and a vital piece of the Resistance

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all this talk. Rey with that Donatello bow staff she thoroughly kicked ass with; She better build a Darth Maul style light saber and waste some serious first order bitches and their dark side acolytes...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all this talk. Rey with that Donatello bow staff she thoroughly kicked ass with; She better build a Darth Maul style light saber and waste some serious first order bitches and their dark side acolytes...

It's disappointing how little the double lightsaber has been used, it is clearly the coolest weapon in the entire universe.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are forgetting that Jedi were not supposed to be married (reason Anakin did it in secret) so the chances that Rey is the child/grand child of a Jedi are very remote.

I'm not saying she is Luke's kid for sure but it would be very easy to get around that loophole. When you're the only known Jedi left in the galaxy, it's not hard to imagine that Luke might have broken the rule if he met someone he fell in love with, especially when you consider the fact that he's the product of forbidden love himself. It's possible that after starting a family and developing some strong feelings for others that he understood why this had always been against the Jedi code and could be a path to the dark side, which is why he chose to isolate himself from them. Of course that's assuming Luke was even aware of this code to begin with. His Jedi training with Obi Wan and Yoda was a crash course to say the least.

Obi Wan fathering a child might be a bit more of a reach but certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the argument of her being Obi-Wan's kin. The Skywalker saber called to her, not Ben.

Interestingly, this same saber never called to Luke. Obi-Wan just handed it over.

I saw it again last night with my sis, and she was convinced Ray was Luke's daughter. I am more in the camp of her being "Jaena", though. I think that she was hidden from everyone and she was "programmed" to not want to leave Jakku. Further, the memory of her was wiped from everyone by Luke and Leia to protect her. This explains why Han did not know who she was, but Leia, apparently, did.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw this at an IMAX

Wow. That was great JJ Abrams did the exact same thing here that he did for Star Trek, revitalize and re-excite people about the series.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read what was supposedly some excerpts of the official screenplay. I'm no J.J. fanboy, but if he cut what I read out of the movie, I'm good with it. Basically they planted the seeds for Kylo actually feeling the light after killing Han and Rey feeling the dark when she has a chance to strike Kylo Ren down. I had a concern they might go that direction with the way they played up Kylo Ren's conflict, but am emotional breakdown after killing Han would have set us on the path to fuck this movie. Let KR grow into a badass, especially in the next episode.