• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I didnt really concentrate on the first time I watched but became a bit more clear the second and third time was, why is she a pilot? Where did she learn?

She is a super-poor orphan raised by a guy who clearly doesnt care for her and is willing to sell her out at a moments notice. Is piloting really that easy that someone with zero exposure or opportunity can learn?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I didnt really concentrate on the first time I watched but became a bit more clear the second and third time was, why is she a pilot? Where did she learn?

She is a super-poor orphan raised by a guy who clearly doesnt care for her and is willing to sell her out at a moments notice. Is piloting really that easy that someone with zero exposure or opportunity can learn?

These are things that will be explained throughout the trilogy. There's obviously some backstory with her, so her ability to fight, her latent force power, and her piloting skills came from somewhere that we'll learn about in VIII and IX. My guess is she was trained by Luke, who was a great pilot, before being dropped off on Jakku. I think she was becoming very strong as a young girl but something happened and her memories were wiped or clouded for her own safety.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it for third time tonight...

Dailey Ridley does not know how to run. When she runs away from Moz's Cantina, all I can do is cringe.

Well that will be a great advantage for me when I'm chasing her.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had always thought that speeder piloting must translate easily to starship piloting. Otherwise Luke shouldn't have been able to just jump into it either having never left Tatooine prior to leaving with Han, Chewie and Obi Wan.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Why Rey Will Be a Skywalker

Star Wars fans probably walked out of the theater from The Force Awakens with a couple of thoughts swirling in their heads. In addition to their general awe (or disappointment, as the case may be), audiences are left wondering what next steps are in store for Rey (Daisy Ridley) and exactly what role Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) — who makes only a brief wordless appearance in the film’s closing seconds — will play in her journey to becoming a Jedi Knight. More specifically, the film implies that she is going to Luke not only to bring him back to assist the Resistance in the struggle against the First Order but in the hopes that he will provide her with the training she needs to fulfill her destiny.
One of the most popular talking points in the aftermath of the film’s release has been the question of Rey’s parentage, namely whether Luke himself is her father. All the parallels between The Force Awakens and A New Hope nicely set the stage for Episode VIII to feature an Empire Strikes Back-esque family revelation, but while the next film will hopefully evade a similarly staged reveal, the evidence within The Force Awakens itself certainly points to the fact that Luke and Rey will be father and daughter.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if it was already mentioned or not but after seeing it again last night I noticed that when Rey uses the force to pull Luke's lightsaber to her in the battle with Kylo Ren they're playing the Skywalker theme as she does this. It's the same theme we hear when Luke did something in New Hope and Anakin in the prequels so I thought that was interesting.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’: Why Rey Will Be a Skywalker

Star Wars fans probably walked out of the theater from The Force Awakens with a couple of thoughts swirling in their heads. In addition to their general awe (or disappointment, as the case may be), audiences are left wondering what next steps are in store for Rey (Daisy Ridley) and exactly what role Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) — who makes only a brief wordless appearance in the film’s closing seconds — will play in her journey to becoming a Jedi Knight. More specifically, the film implies that she is going to Luke not only to bring him back to assist the Resistance in the struggle against the First Order but in the hopes that he will provide her with the training she needs to fulfill her destiny.
One of the most popular talking points in the aftermath of the film’s release has been the question of Rey’s parentage, namely whether Luke himself is her father. All the parallels between The Force Awakens and A New Hope nicely set the stage for Episode VIII to feature an Empire Strikes Back-esque family revelation, but while the next film will hopefully evade a similarly staged reveal, the evidence within The Force Awakens itself certainly points to the fact that Luke and Rey will be father and daughter.

She's gotta be a Skywalker