• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi (2017)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Force Awakens was shit. Lazy bullshit.
Not shit. Un-original, sure. But they had to be careful given the steaming piles that Lucas had made 10 years prior. Rogue One was original (for the franchise) and VIII and IX will be fresh as well.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh man. I loved it. Im convinced Rey is a reincarnated Vader. Even more so after seeing it multiple times.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. I loved it. Im convinced Rey is a reincarnated Vader. Even more so after seeing it multiple times.
I like this theory, but I am not certain they will go that direction.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, I've never really been a Star Wars fanboy.

I played sports as a kid, not make-believe en sech:heh:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Rogue One but I don't get when the Rebels got the plans to destroy the Death Star and the island that held all the empire's archives which had the plans was destroyed at the end of the movie then how was the empire able to rebuild the Death Star in Return of the Jedi?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Rogue One but I don't get when the Rebels got the plans to destroy the Death Star and the island that held all the empire's archives which had the plans was destroyed at the end of the movie then how was the empire able to rebuild the Death Star in Return of the Jedi?
The best theory I have seen about this is that during the building of the first DT, Palpatine was not totally sold on the idea. Thus the fact that it took 20+ years to build.

After the demonstrations proved successful, the Emperor put the full force of the Empire into building a new one. Dedication made it happen.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last Jedi...

Does that refer to Luke or Rey? Ben???

The Jedi is an order (like the Sith, or the Ren), so I would guess this refers to Luke, while Rey will be trained by Luke, but is not actually Jedi.

It's probably Luke given the crawl in TFA but technically it could be all of them. I think the plural of Jedi is...Jedi. So "The Last Jedi" could be referring to a group, not just a person

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phantom Menace

This was probably intended to refer to JarJar when the movie was released, but since they abandoned that storyline, it referred to Palpatine.

Clone Wars

Self explanatory. No double meaning.

Revenge of the Sith

The Sith had been wiped out, and this was their return, while wiping out the Jedi, using their "chosen one" to do it.

A New Hope

Luke is the obvious reference. However, it could mean the rebellion as a whole. Taking out the Death Star was a critical blow to the Emoire.

Empire Strikes Back

Self explanatory. The Empire is pissed at the Rebels and are hunting them down.

Return of the Jedi

Luke returns from time with Yoda. Also, the Jedi order is back for the first time since Order 66.

Force Awakens

Rey "Awakens". The force also appeared to be calling to Rey, so maybe it referred to actual force awakening as its own character.

The Last Jedi

Will it refer to just Luke? Just Rey? Both? Will Ben make some sort of face turn? Could there be another meaning?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phantom Menace

This was probably intended to refer to JarJar when the movie was released, but since they abandoned that storyline, it referred to Palpatine.

Clone Wars

Self explanatory. No double meaning.

Revenge of the Sith

The Sith had been wiped out, and this was their return, while wiping out the Jedi, using their "chosen one" to do it.

A New Hope

Luke is the obvious reference. However, it could mean the rebellion as a whole. Taking out the Death Star was a critical blow to the Emoire.

Empire Strikes Back

Self explanatory. The Empire is pissed at the Rebels and are hunting them down.

Return of the Jedi

Luke returns from time with Yoda. Also, the Jedi order is back for the first time since Order 66.

Force Awakens

Rey "Awakens". The force also appeared to be calling to Rey, so maybe it referred to actual force awakening as its own character.

The Last Jedi

Will it refer to just Luke? Just Rey? Both? Will Ben make some sort of face turn? Could there be another meaning?

"Return of the Jedi" referred to Luke exactly how you described it. But I think it had another meaning referring to Anakin/Vader turning back to the light side. The Phantom Menace might have also referred to Darth Maul to some extent but he was really just an extension of Palpetine anyway. I think you nailed it with the others.

"The Last Jedi" could also have multiple meanings as you suggest. Luke is the obvious answer that they want us to believe with Rey being the obvious runner-up but it could have a deeper meaning. I'm anxious to find out.

Also, Rogue One I think had multiple meanings. They were pretty much on the nose with it being the call sign for their ship, but I think it also referred to the fact that it was the first anthology Star Wars movie.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nerd boner... engage

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a4a31985dd7abcce82b2d20150ef231b
Why is this "Star Wars" logo in red, when it's always been in yellow/gold before?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last Jedi...

Does that refer to Luke or Rey? Ben???

The Jedi is an order (like the Sith, or the Ren), so I would guess this refers to Luke, while Rey will be trained by Luke, but is not actually Jedi.
The cliche thing to do is to make you think it's about Luke but once he dies it would be a reference to Rey.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this "Star Wars" logo in red, when it's always been in yellow/gold before?

Good question. There was no reference to the logo color in the article where I found the banner. There will probably be more than a few theories attempting to account for that before too long.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. There was no reference to the logo color in the article where I found the banner. There will probably be more than a few theories attempting to account for that before too long.
star-wars-red-logos-226723-320x180.jpg

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it more as an apology by Disney on behalf of George. Almost like trying to hit the reset button. I still contend that there is some good/great stuff in the prequels... but got overshadowed for a lot of people.