• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi (2017)

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered the possibility that Kylo is lying to Rey.

But if you listen to the dialogue, it's Rey who first says "My parents were nobodies" and Kylo confirms it. The fact that Rey seemed to know this all along makes it less likely that Kylo was not being honest with her IMO.

Of course, that could all change with whatever they decide to do in the last movie to salvage this mess.

Abrams may decide to retcon it but I definitely got the vibe that the intent at the time was that he was telling the truth.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abrams may decide to retcon it but I definitely got the vibe that the intent at the time was that he was telling the truth.

He might.

From watching The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, I honestly think that Abrams and Johnson had completely different ideas about who Rey's parents should be.

:L:gaah:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to back that up with any argument? No? Of course not.

Maybe her Midichlorian count is off the charts... Lucas really fucked up with that one.

Movies are filled with protagonists that are immediately experts at their new found abilities. Sure, there are minor hickups along the way, but nobody wants to watch a movie about an apprentice reading books and practicing skills for 10 years to become a master. You make a leap of faith and you move on.

The latest movie included force communication across the universe, and a complete teleport and you are concerned that Rey was too quick in learning how to swing a light sword? She was a chick living by herself... maybe she was just really good at beating away potential rapists with a stick.

I'm sorry you didn't get your Mr. Miyagi and Daniel-san training moments. Maybe next time.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might.

From watching The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, I honestly think that Abrams and Johnson had completely different ideas about who Rey's parents should be.

:L:gaah:

I think they had different ideas about a lot of things which is why I think this trilogy is suffering. If either one of them were doing the entire trilogy themselves, or even collaborated on all 3 movies (I know they do a bit but not enough) I think the trilogy would be much better.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe her Midichlorian count is off the charts... Lucas really fucked up with that one.

I doubt you'll find many people that would disagree.

Movies are filled with protagonists that are immediately experts at their new found abilities.

Other movies aren't Star Wars. Abilities of other characters in other fictional universes are completely irrelevant.

nobody wants to watch a movie about an apprentice reading books and practicing skills for 10 years to become a master.

thats-just-like-your-opinion-man[1].gif

The latest movie included force communication across the universe, and a complete teleport and you are concerned that Rey was too quick in learning how to swing a light sword?

Wrong. If you think that is my concern, then you really didn't actually read anything I wrote.

She was a chick living by herself... maybe she was just really good at beating away potential rapists with a stick.

Sure, she was alone since she was a kid. I never questioned her ability to survive, nor did I ever say I had a problem with it.

I'm sorry you didn't get your Mr. Miyagi and Daniel-san training moments. Maybe next time.

Funny, but wrong. I never said that was necessary. I said I wanted something that would explain why she gains so much power so quickly. Showing her progressing through training would have been one way to accomplish this but I said I would have been willing to accept another explanation. There was none.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you'll find many people that would disagree.

Other movies aren't Star Wars. Abilities of other characters in other fictional universes are completely irrelevant.

thats-just-like-your-opinion-man[1].gif

Wrong. If you think that is my concern, then you really didn't actually read anything I wrote.

Sure, she was alone since she was a kid. I never questioned her ability to survive, nor did I ever say I had a problem with it.

Funny, but wrong. I never said that was necessary. I said I wanted something that would explain why she gains so much power so quickly. Showing her progressing through training would have been one way to accomplish this but I said I would have been willing to accept another explanation. There was none.

You're hopeless... enjoy hating star wars.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So yeah, agree 100% with that guy.

I know I've said it, multiple times. I gave the movie a 3rd chance, viewed it again last week and cheese & crackers what a fucking disgrace. I personally want to kick Ryan Johnson in the balls. What a monstrosity that movie is. Its fucking garbage. Straight up the biggest pile of shit to grace the franchise and that even includes that cluster fuck made for TV ewok movie. Hate it hate it. I will not be adding it to my library. Instead I'll have a empty space for what could have been. Fuck how depressing that pile of shit is.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I've said it, multiple times. I gave the movie a 3rd chance, viewed it again last week and cheese & crackers what a fucking disgrace. I personally want to kick Ryan Johnson in the balls. What a monstrosity that movie is. Its fucking garbage. Straight up the biggest pile of shit to grace the franchise and that even includes that cluster fuck made for TV ewok movie. Hate it hate it. I will not be adding it to my library. Instead I'll have a empty space for what could have been. Fuck how depressing that pile of shit is.
Again, with this crap from you! I've tried telling you this before, but you're giving this movie WAY too much credit.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Movies are filled with protagonists that are immediately experts at their new found abilities. Sure, there are minor hickups along the way, but nobody wants to watch a movie about an apprentice reading books and practicing skills for 10 years to become a master. You make a leap of faith and you move on.

The latest movie included force communication across the universe, and a complete teleport and you are concerned that Rey was too quick in learning how to swing a light sword? She was a chick living by herself... maybe she was just really good at beating away potential rapists with a stick.

They already showed she could swing a mean staff in the first movie but yeah, I guess the old Jedi Mind trick isn't as hard to do as you think. ;)

I don't have a problem with it personally. I still like that a Jedi Knight can get pissed and angry without morphing into a Darth Vader..

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to admit this clip is hilarious and he tears apart many of the obvious flaws of the movie but the good parts for me were still the interactions with Rey and Skywalker and baby Darth Vader, Ky Loran. A more complex Jedi character who has the Dark side in her (like most people) but (I'll assume) overcomes it... to become a more complete Jedi Knight. Leave it to Yoda to point that out to a disheartened Skywalker

Well that's the hope anyways.

I did like the Jedi battles even with the choreography flaws. (i.e. who gaf)

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't understand how the same people could know all the ingredients to make a superb movie like Rouge One.

....and then forget everything they know making a convoluted, shallow mess like The Last Jedi.