• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Cap Central 2011

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually league minimum of $525,000.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they're getting him as a project.. former 1st round pick, must have had something going right at some point

why they would do that when they already have 4 goalies and 2 or 3 prospects playing elsewhere i have no idea..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C (5/4)
Briere (6.5)
Betts (700k)
Giroux (3.750)
Talbot (1.75)
Shenn (3.11)

W (7/8)
Hartnell (4.2)
JVR (1.654)
Voracek (2.25)
Simmonds (1.75)
Jagr (3.3)
Nodl (845k)
Shelley (1.1)
Lappy (1.17)

D (7/6)

Pronger (4.921)
Timonen (6.3)
Meszaros (4)
Carle (3.44)
Coburn (3.2)
Lilja (737k)
Bartulis (600k)
Walker (1.7)

G (2/2)

Bryzgalov (5.667)
Bobrovsky (1.75)
Leighton (1.55)
Backlund (800k)

Total (All): 65.044 mil
Total (After waivers/LTIR): 59.824 mil
Cap: 64.4 mil

Off Season Space: 4.096 mil
In Season Space: 2.876 mil
(includes bartulis as a 7th dman, 21/20 man roster)

*Italics means they'll probably be sent to the Phantoms (Walker, Leighton, Backlund) or put on LTIR (Lappy)

** Off-season space is calculated as the allowable 10% over the cap, less all one-way contracts (hence why leighton, backlund, lappy, and walker are all listed)

*** Season space is calculated without the italicized names

quick update for talbot's hit actually being 1.75.. i read that a few days ago didnt i?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot did go down to $1.75 from $1.8

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, it makes me feel sick every time I look at how much Hartnell makes.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing that its only 2 more years:shocked::noidea::frusty:

Wow, that is Kimmo's last year too. If he retires and we dont sign Hartnell...

We can sign Anton babchuk (Curently making 2.5m)

AND GO FOR GETZLAF OR PERRY!!!!!!!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that is Kimmo's last year too. If he retires and we dont sign Hartnell...

We can sign Anton babchuk (Curently making 2.5m)

AND GO FOR GETZLAF OR PERRY!!!!!!!!!!

yes please!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that I'm still in shock over the huge trades we've made this offseason. It was sort of expected that Carter would eventually be dealt, but none of us thought that Richie would be going too. I still feel like we've taken ourselves out of the running to win the Cup next season and pushed our window of success to 2013-14 and later when we no longer have Timonen/Hartnell and some of our younger players have developed further. I feel like losing 60-80 goals for the upcoming season is just too much considering we really didn't add any serious goal scoring threats.

I'm just going to continue to be disappointed with the look of this team until I can actually see them out on the ice and get a feel for how it's really going to play out. The problem of having too many top line centers no longer exists, but now we appear to be a two line team that will be relying heavily on our defense/goaltending.

If we have very little success in the near future, our only safety net is the fact that we have young talent on the way. We just never want to be out of the running, so that better not be the case.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have to admit that I'm still in shock over the huge trades we've made this offseason. It was sort of expected that Carter would eventually be dealt, but none of us thought that Richie would be going too. I still feel like we've taken ourselves out of the running to win the Cup next season and pushed our window of success to 2013-14 and later when we no longer have Timonen/Hartnell and some of our younger players have developed further. I feel like losing 60-80 goals for the upcoming season is just too much considering we really didn't add any serious goal scoring threats.

I'm just going to continue to be disappointed with the look of this team until I can actually see them out on the ice and get a feel for how it's really going to play out. The problem of having too many top line centers no longer exists, but now we appear to be a two line team that will be relying heavily on our defense/goaltending.

If we have very little success in the near future, our only safety net is the fact that we have young talent on the way. We just never want to be out of the running, so that better not be the case.

The one thing that really cancels everything from years past out is that we have a solid goaltender now.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Homer trade for the other Schenn.

[end of wish]

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll score they're goals by committee and face it when you rely on one guy like Carts and then he disappears in the playoffs how does that help the team? It was a charade. Richie will be missed but I believe they've added enough to cover his contributions its just a matter of how long it takes for Schenn to evolve into a dominant player...I'm hoping by the end of the season that kids rolling!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll score they're goals by committee and face it when you rely on one guy like Carts and then he disappears in the playoffs how does that help the team? It was a charade. Richie will be missed but I believe they've added enough to cover his contributions its just a matter of how long it takes for Schenn to evolve into a dominant player...I'm hoping by the end of the season that kids rolling!

I am hopeful that this will be a very strong team by the end of the season, but that's a little difficult for me to realistically consider at this point. I say that due to all of the fresh, young talent that we're going to be relying on and the fact that the team has essentially been blown up in net and at the forward position after having been two wins shy of hoisting the Cup just 13 months ago.

I know that the goal is to be better ultimately, but this whole deal is still a little disheartening to say the least. It's really tough for me to look at these moves and say we haven't taken somewhat of a step back in the present as far as our Cup chances are concerned. The future looks a lot brighter with Schenn, Couturier and then Bob in a backup role with a fellow russian mentor, but the present just doesn't add up for me yet. We shall see. I'm ready for the opener now and it's still a good two and a half months away.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THey are down 92 goals from last year's roster. If Simmonds and VOracek can get 35 between the 2, that isn't asking too much. Jagr should be good for 25. If Schenn nets what RIchie had his rookie year, that is another 10. That is already 70 replaced without getting creative. Let's say we brought in a goalie that can save 15 more goals by the end of the year. Now we are only 7 off, and I think Max Talbot can score 7.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Propp I think everything was good up until Talbot for 7, but I think JVR and Giroux combined will be getting 7 more goals than they did last year

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i actually think they will score a little less by committee than they have in the past few years.. now they'll be looking for the top 6 to provide.. probably 80% of the goals.. whereas in years past the goal scoring was spread across the top 9.. i dont expect tons from simmonds/schenn/talbot (if that's the 3rd line) as far as goal scoring goes.. i think giroux, jvr, jagr, and briere will be counted on to score most of this team's goals.. with voracek, hartnell, and maybe simmonds working their tails off to be the secondary scoring

Propp I think everything was good up until Talbot for 7, but I think JVR and Giroux combined will be getting 7 more goals than they did last year

i think both of those things will happen

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THey are down 92 goals from last year's roster. If Simmonds and VOracek can get 35 between the 2, that isn't asking too much. Jagr should be good for 25. If Schenn nets what RIchie had his rookie year, that is another 10. That is already 70 replaced without getting creative. Let's say we brought in a goalie that can save 15 more goals by the end of the year. Now we are only 7 off, and I think Max Talbot can score 7.

hey propp, who are you including in the 92? carter, richards, leino, versteeg?, powe?, zherdev?