• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:: 2014-2015 Cap Central ::

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forwards (12/12)
Umberger 4.6 (UFA 2018)
Lecavalier 4.5 (NMC, UFA 2018)
Voracek 4.25 (UFA 2016)
Simmonds 3.975 (Mod. NTC, UFA 2019)
Giroux 8.275 (UFA 2022)
Couturier 1.75 (RFA 2016)
Read 3.625 (UFA 2018)
Raffl 1.1 (UFA 2016)
Rosehill 675k (UFA 2015)
Rinaldo 750k (RFA 2015)
Akeson 525k (RFA 2015)
BSchenn 2.5 (RFA 2016)

Defense (8*/6)
Streit 5.25 (35+, UFA 2017)
Pronger 4.941 (35+, NMC, LTIR, UFA 2017)
Coburn 4.5 (Mod. NTC, UFA 2016)
LSchenn 3.6 (UFA 2016)
Grossmann 3.5 (Mod. NTC, UFA 2016)
Macdonald 5 (UFA 2020)
Timonen 2 (UFA 2015)
Schultz 1.25 (UFA 2015)
Del Zotto 1.3 (UFA 2015)

Goaltenders (2/2)
Mason 4.1 (UFA 2017)
Emery 1 (UFA 2015)

Total: 72 mil
2014-2015 Cap: 69 mil
Cap Space Available: -4.3 mil

Notable Non-Roster Players
Bellemare 600k (UFA 2015)
Manning 700k (RFA 2015)
Hagg 925k (RFA 2017)
Gostisbehere 925k (RFA 2017)
Morin 894k (RFA 2017)
Laughton 863k (RFA 2017)
Cousins 811k (RFA 2016)
Alt 781k (RFA 2016)

If you want more stuff, visit capgeek! (Philadelphia Flyers Salary Cap Chart)

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as usual, i'll keep that first post updated as things progress :)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think the Flyers would have any chance of getting a Paul Stastny type player in free agency? He's going to cost a ton and the only way they can do that is if they find a way to get rid of Vinny via buy-out and possibly move Braydon Coburn - reason I ask is that the second line scoring was crap - I doubt they'd go after him though, especially after the Vinny deal

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think the Flyers would have any chance of getting a Paul Stastny type player in free agency? He's going to cost a ton and the only way they can do that is if they find a way to get rid of Vinny via buy-out and possibly move Braydon Coburn - reason I ask is that the second line scoring was crap - I doubt they'd go after him though, especially after the Vinny deal

i would love that. the flyers need some creativity for their second line in a bad way IMO.. dont need another center though, unless you move BSchenn too.

Giroux
BSchenn
Coots
Laughton

i expect will be the flyers center depth next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think about michalek or hemsky for the sens? both UFA.. 4.3 mil and 2.5 mil were their hits last year.. i dont particularly love either, but michalek might be a good fit with G and Voracek.. hemsky could bring a little creativity to the 2nd line?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think about michalek or hemsky for the sens? both UFA.. 4.3 mil and 2.5 mil were their hits last year.. i dont particularly love either, but michalek might be a good fit with G and Voracek.. hemsky could bring a little creativity to the 2nd line?

In order to sign one or both of these guys someone from our team either needs to go or has to stay in the minors. Who will lose time if we make this free agent signing.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to sign one or both of these guys someone from our team either needs to go or has to stay in the minors. Who will lose time if we make this free agent signing.

i was hoping hartnell haha.. IMO the following lineup is guys that i'm comfortable with in their role

****.giroux.voracek
****.schenn.simmonds
read.couturier.raffl
rinaldo.laughton****

streit.coburn
macdonald.schenn
grossmann.****

mase

obviously as it stands, vinny and hartnell take up two of those forward spots, but between the two of them, i'd like to see them only take up 1. i think akeson can battle for another. my hope would be that cousins could take that 4th line spot, but he was pretty mediocre on the phantoms this year and i don't think he'll make hte team.

defensively, i wouldn't mind seeing gus take the 6th spot, but i think they could do better. i hope they can do better to be honest. ghost, i dont expect him to make the team, and really hope he doesn't unless he blows everyone away in camp and/or preseason games.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't like Michalek, he gets injured too much - I like Hemsky he played really well with Spezza but I'm not sure how far you'd want to go with him contract wise

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stealing this from a bill meltzer commenter:

re: hartnell

I feel he has more value with the team than through trade. He's been on the Flyers' best line every year.

Hartnell-Carter-Lupul
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek

he makes a good point..

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love that. the flyers need some creativity for their second line in a bad way IMO.. dont need another center though, unless you move BSchenn too.

Giroux
BSchenn
Coots
Laughton

i expect will be the flyers center depth next year.

I would move Brayden Schenn for a guy like T.J. Brodie from Calgary, and then trade Braydon Coburn(maybe for those three 2nd rounders the Oilers were willing to give up before)

I made this roster on Capgeek

Braydon Coburn to Edmonton, Brayden Schenn to Calgary for T.J. Brodie, signed Mikhail Grabovski(4.5 mil) and Tom Gilbert(1.75 mil)

Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek
Michael Raffl - Mikhail Grabovski - Wayne Simmonds
Jason Akeson - Sean Couturier - Matt Read
Zac Rinaldo - Scott Laughton - Adam Hall
Chris VandeVelde

Mark Streit - Andrew MacDonald
T.J. Brodie - Tom Gilbert
Erik Gustafsson - Nicklas Grossmann
Luke Schenn

Steve Mason
Cal Heeter

I wanted to make the fourth line a little better but this was just more so a rough estimate of things

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stealing this from a bill meltzer commenter:

re: hartnell

he makes a good point..

But he's also been the most inconsistent player on those lines, besides the year where he scored 37 goals two years ago he's been inconsistent

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was hoping hartnell haha.. IMO the following lineup is guys that i'm comfortable with in their role

****.giroux.voracek
****.schenn.simmonds
read.couturier.raffl
rinaldo.laughton****

streit.coburn
macdonald.schenn
grossmann.****

mase

obviously as it stands, vinny and hartnell take up two of those forward spots, but between the two of them, i'd like to see them only take up 1. i think akeson can battle for another. my hope would be that cousins could take that 4th line spot, but he was pretty mediocre on the phantoms this year and i don't think he'll make hte team.

defensively, i wouldn't mind seeing gus take the 6th spot, but i think they could do better. i hope they can do better to be honest. ghost, i dont expect him to make the team, and really hope he doesn't unless he blows everyone away in camp and/or preseason games.

Getting rid of Hartnell good luck with the NTC plus his age and salary. wouldn't mind getting rid of Vinny cheap we cant have his contract on the 4th line and the way hes played he does belong on the 4th line.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would move Brayden Schenn for a guy like T.J. Brodie from Calgary, and then trade Braydon Coburn(maybe for those three 2nd rounders the Oilers were willing to give up before)

I made this roster on Capgeek

Braydon Coburn to Edmonton, Brayden Schenn to Calgary for T.J. Brodie, signed Mikhail Grabovski(4.5 mil) and Tom Gilbert(1.75 mil)

Scott Hartnell - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek
Michael Raffl - Mikhail Grabovski - Wayne Simmonds
Jason Akeson - Sean Couturier - Matt Read
Zac Rinaldo - Scott Laughton - Adam Hall
Chris VandeVelde

Mark Streit - Andrew MacDonald
T.J. Brodie - Tom Gilbert
Erik Gustafsson - Nicklas Grossmann
Luke Schenn

Steve Mason
Cal Heeter

I wanted to make the fourth line a little better but this was just more so a rough estimate of things

i'll be honest i dont know brodie very well, but he looks pretty good on paper from what i just perused.

i really like the grabovski signing, i think he's a good 2C. i'm ok with your d-pairs, i'd prefer not moving coburn and replacing him with gilbert, i think that's a big down grade, but i dont know where you were cap space wise. also really hope they dont plan on carrying a contract as big as schenn's as the 7th dman. i think in your scenario the gilbert signing is unnecessary. JMO though.

i assume you bought out vinny in this one?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's also been the most inconsistent player on those lines, besides the year where he scored 37 goals two years ago he's been inconsistent

very true.

Getting rid of Hartnell good luck with the NTC plus his age and salary. wouldn't mind getting rid of Vinny cheap we cant have his contract on the 4th line and the way hes played he does belong on the 4th line.

ya, and i guess i wouldn't be horrified if hartnell stayed on the team. i would just like an upgrade on the top line, he's a 2W to me.

i think Vinny would have to be a buyout.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll be honest i dont know brodie very well, but he looks pretty good on paper from what i just perused.

i really like the grabovski signing, i think he's a good 2C. i'm ok with your d-pairs, i'd prefer not moving coburn and replacing him with gilbert, i think that's a big down grade, but i dont know where you were cap space wise. also really hope they dont plan on carrying a contract as big as schenn's as the 7th dman. i think in your scenario the gilbert signing is unnecessary. JMO though.

i assume you bought out vinny in this one?

If the cap is 70-71 million they'd have about 5-6 million, if not, then it would only be 3 or 4 million - but I think getting three second round picks for Braydon Coburn would be great and more than anything, Tom Gilbert is a stop gap for Ghost and those other guys - that's how it's kind of going to be the next year or so

I pondered while using the armchair GM, of signing either Matt Niskanen or Paul Stastny, but I'm not sure if they would want another big contract on this team

As for carrying a 7th d-man with a salary like that, they still could move Luke Schenn, not sure who would be interested - and Gus HAS to be in the top six, they need to give him every opportunity

And yes, Vinny is bought out

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the cap is 70-71 million they'd have about 5-6 million, if not, then it would only be 3 or 4 million - but I think getting three second round picks for Braydon Coburn would be great and more than anything, Tom Gilbert is a stop gap for Ghost and those other guys - that's how it's kind of going to be the next year or so

I pondered while using the armchair GM, of signing either Matt Niskanen or Paul Stastny, but I'm not sure if they would want another big contract on this team

As for carrying a 7th d-man with a salary like that, they still could move Luke Schenn, not sure who would be interested - and Gus HAS to be in the top six, they need to give him every opportunity

And yes, Vinny is bought out

ya.. thats how i feel about niskanen and stastny too. especially niskanen. the flyers have a trio of prospects that will definitely need some space on the roster for in the next 2-3 years, and they already have streit, schenn, coburn, and macdonald locked up for a while. that's why i'd shy away from niskanen (and because i think he's this year's ville leino). up front they have a little more room roster wise, just not for a center IMO.

i just think they could do without gilbert.. keep schenn in the top 6 and give gus the opportunity if you want. or i'd have schenn in the lineup over gilbert. really its just me nit picking at this point haha

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goaltending:
Clearly Mason has earned the right to go into next year as the clear-cut starter. I doubt Emery returns. However, considering how Mason's play tailed off after a hot first 2 months, handing the back-up job to Heeter would be a huge mistake. The Flyers should look to bring in someone who has the potential to be effective for stretches in the event Mason slumps or gets hurt again. Thomas Greiss?
Defensemen:
Definitely the D still needs work. IMO, it's still too slow. I think you have to move Grossmann for a defensive d-man who can skate better, in the Coburn mold (from the neck down). You can get by with one slow d-man, but not 2 in today's NHL (Grossmann/Schenn). Until we know whether or not Timonen is coming back, it's hard to say what other moves are needed on D.
Forwards:
The core is there, and I'm ok with leaving Hartnell on the top line. Schenn/Simmonds need a faster forward to join them. I'd give Raffl another shot, but I agree with awaz that I see him more as a bottom 6 guy. Maybe Akeson? Couturier/Read need a partner on the 3rd line as well. Again I agree with awaz that they need a Steve Downie banger-type who can also put a few pucks in the net, and this will have to come in free agency. The 4th line CANNOT have 2 dead weight offensive players again (Hall/Rinaldo). One of them has to go or be bumped to the 13th forward. Hopefully Laughton makes the team. Perhaps a Raffl-Laughton-Rinaldo line? I have no idea what to do with LeCavalier. Maybe he gets one more chance at 2C, bumping Schenn to LW. He's not a good winger, so it's either that or back to the 4th line, in which case you really have to trade him (I think he'd be open to this rather than rot on the 4th line again) or buy him out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goaltending:
Clearly Mason has earned the right to go into next year as the clear-cut starter. I doubt Emery returns. However, considering how Mason's play tailed off after a hot first 2 months, handing the back-up job to Heeter would be a huge mistake. The Flyers should look to bring in someone who has the potential to be effective for stretches in the event Mason slumps or gets hurt again. Thomas Greiss?
Defensemen:
Definitely the D still needs work. IMO, it's still too slow. I think you have to move Grossmann for a defensive d-man who can skate better, in the Coburn mold (from the neck down). You can get by with one slow d-man, but not 2 in today's NHL (Grossmann/Schenn). Until we know whether or not Timonen is coming back, it's hard to say what other moves are needed on D.
Forwards:
The core is there, and I'm ok with leaving Hartnell on the top line. Schenn/Simmonds need a faster forward to join them. I'd give Raffl another shot, but I agree with awaz that I see him more as a bottom 6 guy. Maybe Akeson? Couturier/Read need a partner on the 3rd line as well. Again I agree with awaz that they need a Steve Downie banger-type who can also put a few pucks in the net, and this will have to come in free agency. The 4th line CANNOT have 2 dead weight offensive players again (Hall/Rinaldo). One of them has to go or be bumped to the 13th forward. Hopefully Laughton makes the team. Perhaps a Raffl-Laughton-Rinaldo line? I have no idea what to do with LeCavalier. Maybe he gets one more chance at 2C, bumping Schenn to LW. He's not a good winger, so it's either that or back to the 4th line, in which case you really have to trade him (I think he'd be open to this rather than rot on the 4th line again) or buy him out.

i agree on heeter. i'm not ready to give him the backup job, especially when you can find a better backup for pretty cheap..

greiss at 750k like you mentioned..
stalock at 625k
justin peters at 574k

i'd rather have one of those guys be the backup, and they really aren't any more expensive than heeter would be.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not fair to judge Heeter based on 1 game IMO. I would for sure try him out as the backup next year. Would give him good experience.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not fair to judge Heeter based on 1 game IMO. I would for sure try him out as the backup next year. Would give him good experience.

I'm not saying he can't be the long-term back-up. I'm just saying that Mason isn't a sure thing yet, and the Flyers need to have solid back-up again next year just in case. Heeter might be the guy in another year or two.