• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Free Agents

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a typo, should have been $4M. My fingers don't work so good all the time.

Heard today that the Patriots are already talking with Revis about an extension and $50M guaranteed.
I haven't heard anything more than the guarantee. No length, no actual numbers.

I also heard that Gostkowski has an offer already on the table . It was given in December.
Nothing more on that either.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Wilfork isn’t ready to ride off into the sunset just yet.

Wilfork, who is coming off his 11th season with the New England Patriots, said Thursday on WEEI’s “Dale and Holley” that there’s “no way in the world” he’s retiring in the wake of defeating the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX. The 33-year-old is ready to begin his quest for a third ring.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Johnson is gonna get whacked for tampering because he publicly said that the Jets wanted Revis back.

Rex Ryan may get slapped too because he stated publicly that Revis is a target for the Bills.

Revis won't go back to the Jets. That road is closed. Ryan might just be crazy enough to offer him a 4 year $100M deal. The Bills have a really good defense and Revis would make it stellar, but at what cost? If the Bills put all of their eggs in the defensive basket, they still won't win because they don't have anything offensive.

I think the Patriots will get creative and make Revis a fair offer. Same for McCourty. Gostkowski is the guy who could break the bank. Some team will offer him 3 or 4 years at $7M per. Just to get him away from the Patriots. That will be the biggest problem the Patriots will face....teams over paying their players because they won the Super Bowl.

They have Rex, what could be more offensive?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on WEEI yesterday that the Patriots may be close to having a contract in place for Revis. The guys were saying that the rumor is that the contract calls for $65M to be guaranteed over 5 years. This would put the contract into the 5 year $75M-$85M range or $15M - $17M a year. The guarantee would be $13M a year.

Well worth the money in my point of view.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis shut down like he did all season and didn't get a PI call until the playoffs. That's the kind of stuff you read and say c'mon, that can't be right! I guess he got a couple of holding calls but wow.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis shut down like he did all season and didn't get a PI call until the playoffs. That's the kind of stuff you read and say c'mon, that can't be right! I guess he got a couple of holding calls but wow.

Yeh, just wow.
Well worth the money.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first free agent has agreed to a contract. Yep, Richie Incognito has been signed by Rex Ryan to a one year contract to play guard for the Buffalo Bills.

I was at the grocery store this morning and two guys were dressed in Patriots stuff high fiving and kind of whooping around. I walked over and asked them if they were still celebrating the Super Bowl after 8 days. One of the guys laughed and nearly screamed...."Pats are talking to Dez Bryant".
My first question was, "where did you hear this?" He said he heard it on the radio.....but I tuned in and listened carefully, checked everywhere I could think and I found nothing.

After considering what he said, it thought to myself, who wouldn't give Dez Bryant a call? Every team has to do due diligence and my guess is that Belichick is calling every NFL free agent including Bryant, D. Thomas, Suh and every offensive lineman available. The cap is supposed to go up a pretty good amount, but a lot of these guys are mercenaries and are looking for the payday not the rings.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first free agent has agreed to a contract. Yep, Richie Incognito has been signed by Rex Ryan to a one year contract to play guard for the Buffalo Bills.

I was at the grocery store this morning and two guys were dressed in Patriots stuff high fiving and kind of whooping around. I walked over and asked them if they were still celebrating the Super Bowl after 8 days. One of the guys laughed and nearly screamed...."Pats are talking to Dez Bryant".
My first question was, "where did you hear this?" He said he heard it on the radio.....but I tuned in and listened carefully, checked everywhere I could think and I found nothing.

After considering what he said, it thought to myself, who wouldn't give Dez Bryant a call? Every team has to do due diligence and my guess is that Belichick is calling every NFL free agent including Bryant, D. Thomas, Suh and every offensive lineman available. The cap is supposed to go up a pretty good amount, but a lot of these guys are mercenaries and are looking for the payday not the rings.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Dez goes anywhere, but it would be ironic if he goes with the Pats considering they traded the pick to Dallas so they could get Dez.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the reason you couldn't find anything is because you got false info. Please correct me if I'm wrong; teams can only talk with their own players. Free agency doesn't begin until March 10th. Any team talking to a player from another team would be considered tampering. right? Or am I wrong?

I believe it was on NFL Insiders and they said they thought the cap would go up to $141m to $143m.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on WEEI yesterday that the Patriots may be close to having a contract in place for Revis. The guys were saying that the rumor is that the contract calls for $65M to be guaranteed over 5 years. This would put the contract into the 5 year $75M-$85M range or $15M - $17M a year. The guarantee would be $13M a year.

Well worth the money in my point of view.

Do you have any idea what are cap situation is right now? I wonder where that type of contract will put our cap.

I'm hoping Revis contract isn't that high. Need room to sign, Jones, Solder, Hightower. Aren't they up for FA next year?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have any idea what are cap situation is right now? I wonder where that type of contract will put our cap.

I'm hoping Revis contract isn't that high. Need room to sign, Jones, Solder, Hightower. Aren't they up for FA next year?

I saw some graphic over the weekend that listed the Pats at about $9.5 mill over the cap right now for 2015.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some graphic over the weekend that listed the Pats at about $9.5 mill over the cap right now for 2015.

That is probably due to $25m accounted to Revis. I hope.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A look at some of the key dates on the NFL calendar:

Feb. 16: First day for teams to designate franchise or transition players. Safety Devin McCourty and kicker Stephen Gostkowski are viewed as potential Patriots candidates from this viewpoint.

Feb. 17-23: NFL combine in Indianapolis.

March 2: Last day for teams to designate franchise or transition players.

March 7-10: Beginning of "legal tampering period" as teams are permitted to contact and enter into contract negotiations with the agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents. A contract can’t be executed with a new club until March 10.

March 10: The 2015 league year and free agency period begin at 4 p.m. All teams must be under the 2015 salary cap, as only the top 51 cap figures count.

March 22-25: Annual owners meeting, Phoenix

April 6: Teams that hired a new coach can begin offseason workout programs.

April 20: Clubs with returning head coaches can begin offseason workout programs.

April 30-May 2: NFL draft. The Patriots pick 32nd in the first round.

May 8-11: Teams can hold a three-day rookie minicamp.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today the Patriots are $1.9M over the proposed cap of $142M.

Here are just a few of the things that must happen:

Vince Wilfork has to rework his contract or be cut. He counts $8.8M against the cap and he's not worth it at 33.

Jerod Mayo has to rework his contract or be cut. He really was not missed and he counts $10.2M against the cap.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I am wrong, but Revis is tech under contract for this yr? I thought I heard reports that they can keep him at this price and they would be OK. It might hinder them in getting FA. BB will find a way to make it happen. Revis at some point needs to stop moving around. He has made a ton of money so far. I think NE gives him the best chance at another SB. Can Buff even afford Revis?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I am wrong, but Revis is tech under contract for this yr? I thought I heard reports that they can keep him at this price and they would be OK. It might hinder them in getting FA. BB will find a way to make it happen. Revis at some point needs to stop moving around. He has made a ton of money so far. I think NE gives him the best chance at another SB. Can Buff even afford Revis?

Yes, the Pats have an option for 2015 at $20 million. That's why the Jets are being investigated for tampering and the Bills should be too for comments made by Rex.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex has had to change his pants in the last 24 hours. Word out of Denver is that Denver may not want Peyton back. Heard on the radio this morning that they may pass him when he takes his physical. Ryan would spend every available cent to land Manning in Buffalo and have him to face up to the Patriots twice next year and possibly the next two.

I'll ask the big question.......Would Payton Manning play in Buffalo? He certainly doesn't need the money, but he could possibly make the Bills a viable contender. Their biggest weakness is quarterback. They have the defense and the skill positions other than QB. We know and Peyton knows that he doesn't hold up well in foul weather. Buffalo can be hell........

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex has had to change his pants in the last 24 hours. Word out of Denver is that Denver may not want Peyton back. Heard on the radio this morning that they may pass him when he takes his physical. Ryan would spend every available cent to land Manning in Buffalo and have him to face up to the Patriots twice next year and possibly the next two.

I'll ask the big question.......Would Payton Manning play in Buffalo? He certainly doesn't need the money, but he could possibly make the Bills a viable contender. Their biggest weakness is quarterback. They have the defense and the skill positions other than QB. We know and Peyton knows that he doesn't hold up well in foul weather. Buffalo can be hell........

Peyton doesn't need the money that badly. :L