• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:::Flyers Cap Central 2012:::

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Carle get over $5m, i hope it with omeone ele. Our top 7-8 w/o any move i Coburn, Timonen, Grossman, schenn, Meszaros, Gustafsson, Lilja and Bourdon.

i agree but i think with the overpaying of dman we see, i don't expect it anymore. i hate even saying this but the flyers would have been smart to offer Carle somewhere around 4.5 midseason.

Suter is going to be massively overpaid for what he is. I would much rather overpay for Weber than him. Anything over 5 for Carle is ridiculous, and anything over 7 for Suter is absurd. I'm good with what we have without either of them. You have to think that Luke Schenn was projected a top pair guy, I know we don't like to talk about potential here, but if he pans out, why do we have to overpay now?

....I like the idea of having Parise, I would overpay for him a little bit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doan decision could exceed deadline:

Doan hasn't ruled out a one-year deal, but that option isn't as appealing as a multi-year contract.
If Doan considers other teams, many factors would play into his decision, Bross said, including management, relationship with the players and the team's chances of winning the Stanley Cup. Eight teams expressed interest in Doan when the free agency period opened on Sunday.

From other articles, I've read, it appears the Rags and RWings would be very interested if he leaves Phoenix. His agent:

Said Bross: "He's like, 'I'm not going anywhere provided we can get ownership in place. The only thing that might make me consider it is we don't get ownership. I don't know if I can go through what we went through the last three years not knowing where we're going to be next year.'"

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hm.. i hope that article proves to be true.. it'd be nice if the flyers found an emerald in the rough

(diamond would be an exaggeration. i'm funny, laugh at my joke.)

Well, he did play over 21 minutes a game there for awhile in the past albeit for the Islanders. If we experience a couple injuries on defense and he continues to improve, he could perhaps be trusted to play second pairing minutes without giving up too much. That's a low risk, high reward option with that cheap of a contract.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think that by signing gervais that frees up homer to include Gust in a trade for a forward?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think that by signing gervais that frees up homer to include Gust in a trade for a forward?

Yes, without a doubt. Not just that, but I feel like the signing of Fedotenko leaves more space for someone like Read to be dealt as well.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, without a doubt. Not just that, but I feel like the signing of Fedotenko leaves more space for someone like Read to be dealt as well.

ageed.

i dont see a trade coming any time soon though.. maybe in september when the ducks and bjs are really up against it and come down off their prices

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ageed.

i dont see a trade coming any time soon though.. maybe in september when the ducks and bjs are really up against it and come down off their prices

Yes, I agree for sure. Those prices will have to come down. The Flyers don't HAVE to make a move. It would be nice, but it's not an absolute necessity due to all of the young talent we do have that will be able to potentially step up and take on more responsibilities with increased roles.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suddenly, the Bruno Gervais signing does not appear to be the acquisition of a fringe defenseman. Instead, it is the rare example of Paul Holmgren buying low on a player with upside.

I think this is the year to do stuff like this, inline with the patience strategy. I think Holmgren wants to see which of Bourdon, Gustaffson, or Gervais can reach his potential first. on edit: For Gervais, that should be more like 'returning to form'.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the year to do stuff like this, inline with the patience strategy. I think Holmgren wants to see which of Bourdon, Gustaffson, or Gervais can reach his potential first. on edit: For Gervais, that should be more like 'returning to form'.

I like Bourdon he has some grit to his game and i think Gust would make a good forward.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree for sure. Those prices will have to come down. The Flyers don't HAVE to make a move. It would be nice, but it's not an absolute necessity due to all of the young talent we do have that will be able to potentially step up and take on more responsibilities with increased roles.

yep, agreed.

plus, this is probably a stretch prediction, but i'm guessing gervais is good in the room.. him and talbot are real tight, and based on the fact that friends are normally similar type people, gervais could be good for the room too

small things, but why not? like you said, in a patient year you can make moves like this.. and at 895k, a 2 year deal really isn't a big deal

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bourdon he has some grit to his game and i think Gust would make a good forward.

overall i like bourdon a lot better.. i thought he was very good prior to his injury.. i thought bourdon was more consistent, but gust had the best game (NJD series, forget what game but he was our best dman, he was a beast)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overall i like bourdon a lot better.. i thought he was very good prior to his injury.. i thought bourdon was more consistent, but gust had the best game (NJD series, forget what game but he was our best dman, he was a beast)

I thought Gust looked horrible in the devils series looked very small and got beat on the boards in the defensive zone just about every time, just plain got outmuscled

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Gust looked horrible in the devils series looked very small and got beat on the boards in the defensive zone just about every time, just plain got outmuscled

For the most part yea. But the game he scored he was an animal. Aggressive and great with his stick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he got rattled, too. He's got to put on some size and strength. Can move the puck alright, though - might develop into a guy like Carle.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he got rattled, too. He's got to put on some size and strength. Can move the puck alright, though - might develop into a guy like Carle.

What and turn the puck over 3 times per game hahahaha