• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:::Flyers Cap Central 2012:::

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forwards (11/12)
Briere 6.5 (2015)
Giroux 3.75 (2014R)
Schenn 3.11 (2014R)
Couturier 1.375 (2014R)
Hartnell 4.2 (2013)
Simmonds 1.75 (2013R)
Read 900k (2014)
Talbot 1.75 (2016)
Rinaldo 544k (2013)
Wellwood 580k (2013)
Shelley 1.1 (2013)

Defense (8/6)
Timonen 6.3 (2013)
Pronger 4.9 (2017)
Meszaros 4 (2014)
Coburn 4.5 (2016)
Grossmann 3.5 (2016)
Gustafsson 900k (2013R)
Lilja 737k (2013)
Schenn 3.6 (2016)

Goaltenders (1/2)
Bryzgalov 5.67 (2020)

Total: 62.05 mil
2012-2013 Cap: 70.3 mil
Cap Space Available: 10.65 mil

RFA
Voracek (2.25)
Zolniercyzk (900k)
Sestito (550k)
Bourdon (850k)

UFA
Kubina (3.85)
Carle (3.4)
Jagr (3.3)
Lappy (1.16)
Betts (700k)

*in parenthesis is the fall of the year in which their contract runs out, the R represents players that will be restricted at the end of the contract

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my predictions: Pronger back on LTIR

Carle will go= free up cap dpac

Shitty= free up cap

JVR= trade for Luke Schenn and a pick

Homer will attempt and get Suter. Very possible!
Timo I predict will have a down year. Expected at his age.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Read, and most importantly Andrej Meszaros all free agents in 2014.

Dear God.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last post of the evening for me.. but i'm just gunna throw jason garrison out there.. UFA out of florida.. i think he would have a huge impact on this team.. i really hope florida doesn't resign him

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we do the "Cut Schenn's Salary" in half trick again?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voracek and Jagr better be re-signed. I know a lot of people could care less if Jagr is here or not but he was so important to the team...especially Giroux and the young guys. He is the model professional. I hope that he will be back...and for less money. :)

Jaromir Jagr: 'I love everyone on this team.' Will He Return?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
resign all the RFA's listed IMO and get Jagr at a discount.

The rest of the UFA's can go.
A fine season by the boys.Exceeded my expectations,and the future looks very good.

Almost 5 months to the day for next seasons' puck drop.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why dont we just pay Jagr to be a coach, he loves the guys and the guys love him.It's pretty evident that he is no longer a player that could help us win a cup on the ice.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright so call me crazy, but i dont think the flyers need a #1 dman.. i think they need a shot from the point (garrison) and a mr. reliable to take some pressure off timonen.. i feel pretty good w/ what they have right now on defense for a top 4

coburn.grossmann
mesz.timonen

its the 5/6 spot i'm not sold on.. gustafsson had a couple real nice games, and a couple real sloppy games.. with some improvements i think he'd be a serviceable 6, or really good 7.. if they can make a play for garrison and someone like rob scuderi (i dont know his contract status) i think the defense would look really solid.. you can replace scuderi with schenn if you wanna move jvr.. i like the grit schenn brings and a change of scenery could be just what he needs to blossom

and up front i think they need a veteran presence, someone like knuble, to be in there and provide a little leadership and professionalism, but can still put in some goals.. i think they needed that this season, so if they dont resign jagr, they'll need two of those types.. either that or they need someone like betts or lappy to take some of the pressure off the young guys.. i think it wore read down to be relied on for both offense and defense in his first season

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright so call me crazy, but i dont think the flyers need a #1 dman.. i think they need a shot from the point (garrison) and a mr. reliable to take some pressure off timonen.. i feel pretty good w/ what they have right now on defense for a top 4

coburn.grossmann
mesz.timonen

its the 5/6 spot i'm not sold on.. gustafsson had a couple real nice games, and a couple real sloppy games.. with some improvements i think he'd be a serviceable 6, or really good 7.. if they can make a play for garrison and someone like rob scuderi (i dont know his contract status) i think the defense would look really solid.. you can replace scuderi with schenn if you wanna move jvr.. i like the grit schenn brings and a change of scenery could be just what he needs to blossom

and up front i think they need a veteran presence, someone like knuble, to be in there and provide a little leadership and professionalism, but can still put in some goals.. i think they needed that this season, so if they dont resign jagr, they'll need two of those types.. either that or they need someone like betts or lappy to take some of the pressure off the young guys.. i think it wore read down to be relied on for both offense and defense in his first season

I would want Weber or suter but if we cant get them i would like to have a guy like Johnny Oduya to be that solid defensive defenseman. i think we have a solid four also and need a little help. Kubina was the biggest waste of time ever and i hope he retires.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want Weber or suter but if we cant get them i would like to have a guy like Johnny Oduya to be that solid defensive defenseman. i think we have a solid four also and need a little help. Kubina was the biggest waste of time ever and i hope he retires.

his injury derailed him.. he was the better aquisition between him and grossmann til he got hurt.. but he's UFA now anyway, doesn't matter.. oduya would be a nice pickup.. i dont necessarily want a solid defensive dman, but i want someone solid in their own zone, that can make outlet passes consistently.. they dont have to be a threat offensively, but they do have to make the outlet passes (like timonen does)

they do need more pop from the blueline though.. they didn't have a threat up top all season and it forces the forwards to bring it every game and score lots of goals (considering the rate they gave up goals).. thats why i think they need garrison's 16 goals from the blueline.. everybody mark this one down.. the flyers missed pronger badly from an offensive standpoint.. and to a lesser degree, meszaros.. coming in to the season those 2 were really the only ones that posed a threat to score from the blueline..

IMO the defensive coverages weren't that terrible from the dmen.. it was the outlet passes from the dmen and the lack of defensive focus from the forwards who got in the run and gun mode in the pens series and never came out of it.. as soon as a dman picked up the puck, all the forwards fled the zone and didn't give the dmen much to work with (though their passes could've been much better)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his injury derailed him.. he was the better aquisition between him and grossmann til he got hurt.. but he's UFA now anyway, doesn't matter.. oduya would be a nice pickup.. i dont necessarily want a solid defensive dman, but i want someone solid in their own zone, that can make outlet passes consistently.. they dont have to be a threat offensively, but they do have to make the outlet passes (like timonen does)

they do need more pop from the blueline though.. they didn't have a threat up top all season and it forces the forwards to bring it every game and score lots of goals (considering the rate they gave up goals).. thats why i think they need garrison's 16 goals from the blueline.. everybody mark this one down.. the flyers missed pronger badly from an offensive standpoint.. and to a lesser degree, meszaros.. coming in to the season those 2 were really the only ones that posed a threat to score from the blueline..

IMO the defensive coverages weren't that terrible from the dmen.. it was the outlet passes from the dmen and the lack of defensive focus from the forwards who got in the run and gun mode in the pens series and never came out of it.. as soon as a dman picked up the puck, all the forwards fled the zone and didn't give the dmen much to work with (though their passes could've been much better)

Your first paragraph explains Oduya's game to a tee
your last paragraph im in total agreement with
Your middle paragraph gave me a heart attack and i'm calling 911 as i type.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first paragraph explains Oduya's game to a tee
your last paragraph im in total agreement with
Your middle paragraph gave me a heart attack and i'm calling 911 as i type.

alright well then lets get oduya haha.. is he ufa?
good
i've only ever knocked pronger defensively :)

edit: he is.. lets get him.. or dennis wideman (he's had a rough season in washington, but he's very good IMO and also UFA)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright well then lets get oduya haha.. is he ufa?
good
i've only ever knocked pronger defensively :)

May 1 D Johnny Oduya made a huge difference on the Hawks' blue line after being acquired from the Jets at the deadline. Oduya had a goal and five points in 18 regular-season games for the Hawks, seeing time on both special teams. Bowman said the Hawks will talk to Oduya and his agent about returning.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget it Oduya makes 3.5 million now and im sure he'd want more

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget it Oduya makes 3.5 million now and im sure he'd want more

he's probably in the same boat as carle.. pretty deep pool of UFA d-men this year.. prolly get him around 4.5.. rather get him at 4.5 (or carle for that matter) then suter at 7

oduya (4.5)
wideman (5)
garrison (3)
schenn 3.6

rather have some combination of them then suter.. my guesses at what the top 3 will make, schenn is signed through 2016 (UFA at that time)

prolly not gunna have the money to do that though after they resign voracek.. he's prolly gunna get 4ish

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's probably in the same boat as carle.. pretty deep pool of UFA d-men this year.. prolly get him around 4.5.. rather get him at 4.5 (or carle for that matter) then suter at 7

oduya (4.5)
wideman (5)
garrison (3)
schenn 3.6

rather have some combination of them then suter.. my guesses at what the top 3 will make, schenn is signed through 2016 (UFA at that time)

prolly not gunna have the money to do that though after they resign voracek.. he's prolly gunna get 4ish

How about moving up in the draft and taking the best dman this year so we have our own stud for the next decade.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about moving up in the draft and taking the best dman this year so we have our own stud for the next decade.

I'm not familiar with this draft, in particular, dmen. I hope it's strong?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not familiar with this draft, in particular, dmen. I hope it's strong?

everything i've read says you can get a high-quality d-prospect anywhere in the first round.. tons of quality dmen this year.. the top 3 picks i think are forwards.. couple russian dudes and a swede i think.. after that there's like 20 first round caliber d-men