• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:::Flyers Cap Central 2012:::

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were gonna have some serious problems next offseason.

heh ya.. this offseason is kinda the calm before the storm, cause 2 summers from now is gunna be real tricky too.. i think next year is the year to make a run

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colaiacovo, Carlo » D STL 29 $2,125,000 2012 (UFA)

Intriguing...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colaiacovo, Carlo » D STL 29 $2,125,000 2012 (UFA)

Intriguing...

there really are a lot of 3/4 options out there IMO.. if the flyers go after a couple of them to play in the 5/6 hole instead of the big hook for suter, i think it might pay off better.. they could balance out minutes when everyone was healthy and would be able to withstand an injury or two on the backend.. defensively i'm comfortable with throwing a coburn/grossmann pair out there against anyone.. same goes for a timonen/mesz pair..

not saying i dont want suter, but i think he'll be difficult to get and might not be the best option..

Last edited by a moderator:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I traded Jvr for Schenn. Resigned Jake and Jagr (Jake raise/Jagr cut). If Jagr wont take it sign Whitney at $3m. We would still have about $2.5 of space.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not on the Luke Schenn train. I want a legit, stud, #1 Dman. I am not convinced that Schenn will be that. If the Flyers could get him plus a #1 then great, but I don't want him as our sole addition to the team on defense.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whe i clicked on it brought up the Islanders. if thats what you mean they dont look so good.

Wait, isnt this the Islanders board. Come up Flyers for me but who the fuck knows. Basically we have options. Right now we have 20 players signed and $3 mill. Pronger and Shittey gives total of $9 mill. Voracek needs a raise. We need to sign another dman. Garrett, Jackman and Calaiacova are all afordable. Jvr for Schenn creates even more space. Cap geek lets you move things around.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not on the Luke Schenn train. I want a legit, stud, #1 Dman. I am not convinced that Schenn will be that. If the Flyers could get him plus a #1 then great, but I don't want him as our sole addition to the team on defense.

Other than the draft and Suter, not sure if that stud #1 is out there right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's kinda why i do want him.. because if they do they can add another dman.. i'd rather go with 6 guys that are top 4 dmen, then have a 'hole' at the 6 spot with gustafsson or lilja and 7 mil tied to suter

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya but my thinking is that #1 dman are hard to come by and w/ Pronger hurt now is the time to go after Suter. Start the season with Gustaffson etc on fourth line if need be and then look to improve at trade deadline. We need that guy who can play in all situations like Pronger. We really missed him not only with the minutes he chews up but we missed his outlet passes and his presence on the PP.

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's kinda why i do want him.. because if they do they can add another dman.. i'd rather go with 6 guys that are top 4 dmen, then have a 'hole' at the 6 spot with gustafsson or lilja and 7 mil tied to suter

Sorry to disagree with you awaz. That lineup looks sick. Gusty improved tremendously in the playoffs and was good when he wasnt hurt.

Assuming Carle/Pronger are gone:
#1 Coburn Suter (jesus christ)
#2 Kimmo Mez
#3 Gusty Grossmann

C'mon you cant say that doesnt look freakin amazing? Dude who scores on that? Im also betting Bryz has better than his worst career year next year too. There will be some cuts up front but I think its worth it to cut into that depth a little*.

*As long as it doesnt screw us down the road when its time to sign players like G.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to disagree with you awaz. That lineup looks sick. Gusty improved tremendously in the playoffs and was good when he wasnt hurt.

#2 Kimmo Mez
#3 Gusty Grossmann

C'mon you cant say that doesnt look freakin amazing? Dude who scores on that? Im also betting Bryz has better than his worst career year next year too. There will be some cuts up front but I think its worth it to cut into that depth a little*.

*As long as it doesnt screw us down the road when its time to sign players like G.

I would love the way this defense looks, but i have to disagree on gust i thought he got beat badly on the boards on every shift by the devs front line and he certainly didnt look strong enough to be an everyday NHL defenseman but if he is the 7th d man im with that. I thought Bourdon was better at being a 6th.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#2 Kimmo Mez
#3 Gusty Grossmann

*As long as it doesnt screw us down the road when its time to sign players like
G.

JVR for Schenn. Suter will be essentially replacing Timmonen. Schenn can play in any one of those spots mentioned. Gusty can possibly be trade bait or we just keep him. Still have to shed salary. We have a log jam of goal scorers.