• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Cap Central

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This is not done yet. Our defense is set but our forwards are not and we have two RFA's remaining with not enough money left to even sign them. Cote is signed but there's no way he'll dress as a Flyer. There's just not enough cap room to work with overall.

It looks more and more to me like one of Carter/Gagne/Hartnell (likely Gagne) will be traded to clear space for an upgrade in net (likely Nabokov), then Boucher will be traded or bought out and that would leave space to re-sign Powe/Carcillo to fill out the roster.

Yep Cote's as good as gone and I still see Carts getting moved they have too many centers but this may not happen until the trade deadline unless they are pressed for cap space sooner than that. I love the moves...although some of us disagree on Shelley I like what he brings to the table.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is any one updating this list as new contracts are acquired? Just curious if anyone is keeping up!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C
Richards (5.75)
Carter (5)
Briere (6.5)
Betts (700k)
Giroux (821k)

W
Gagne (5.25)
Leino (800k)
Hartnell (4.2)
JVR (1.654)
Cote (550k)
Lappy (1.17)
Shelley(1.1)

D
Pronger (4.921)
Timonen (6.3)
Carle (3.44)
Meszaros (4)
O'Donnell (1)
Coburn (3.2)
Bartulis (600k)

G
Boucher (925k)
Leighton (1.55)
Backlund (800k)

RFA:
Syvrett
Powe
Carcillo

UFA:
Krajicek
Pyorala

total cap hit: 58.85 mil
cap: 59.4 mil
room: .55k

italics = minors

yup :)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not at all saying I want to trade Gagne, I'm just saying he's the forward that would most likely be traded. It's because he's an UFA after next season, he still has a lot of value and a pretty significant cap hit (relief if traded).

Here's the problem. I seem to remember many of you not wanting to re-sign Gagne and now you're crying not to trade him. Well, if we don't re-sign him or trade him, we lose him for nothing after next season. You can't have your cake and eat it too. One of those two things has to happen. I suppose you all want to re-sign him suddenly...lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not at all saying I want to trade Gagne, I'm just saying he's the forward that would most likely be traded. It's because he's an UFA after next season, he still has a lot of value and a pretty significant cap hit (relief if traded).

Here's the problem. I seem to remember many of you not wanting to re-sign Gagne and now you're crying not to trade him. Well, if we don't re-sign him or trade him, we lose him for nothing after next season. You can't have your cake and eat it too. One of those two things has to happen. I suppose you all want to re-sign him suddenly...lol

he's always been off my shoppable list and i've always wanted to re-sign him.. i think he'll take around 4 mil next summer to stay in philly and as far as i'm concerned thats 4 mil well spent, even if you have to let coburn, carle, hartnell, or carter go in his place

underpaying to keep gagne or overpaying to keep carter.. with the makeup of our roster (all centers) i see no logical explination in keeping carter

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Gagne at $4 million is a fine price, but I don't know if we can expect him to just take a $1.25 million pay cut to be able to keep him. I'm sure he could make a lot more elsewhere.

At least Carter will still be a RFA at the end of his contract and his value will not be lost either way. It will probably only go up in fact with another year under his belt. So, it may make more sense to take a run at the Cup again next season with Carter and then trade him or re-sign him after he has an improved season and therefore more value.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa Mav! lol Don't get me misunderstood bro. Scott threw out the hypothetical of Hartnell v Gagne and I said Hartnell should go....not that I would go running away bawling because Gag's got shipped.

I've always been a fan of Gagne's 2 way play, but recently (since his latest concussion) his play has been tentative and too cautious. I honestly believe his usefulness is all but used up and if Homer can get something solid for him, then by all means, he should do it and do it SOON!

I'd just rather see Scott Hart-less go first is all. :)

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I can truly say I am in the minority here. I've never thought we should get rid of Gags, even when he was hurt.. I was am still an avid fan for trading Carter, He is very talented just like A certain player named Wolski, but both have the same problem.. Laziness on the back check, and Carter gets the puck taken from him all the time along the wall in our zone. I say trade him or get him some HGH!
div233.gif

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa Mav! lol Don't get me misunderstood bro. Scott threw out the hypothetical of Hartnell v Gagne and I said Hartnell should go....not that I would go running away bawling because Gag's got shipped.

I've always been a fan of Gagne's 2 way play, but recently (since his latest concussion) his play has been tentative and too cautious. I honestly believe his usefulness is all but used up and if Homer can get something solid for him, then by all means, he should do it and do it SOON!

I'd just rather see Scott Hart-less go first is all. :)

That's fine. I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm just pointing out that there were a lot of us that were not in favor of re-signing Gagne earlier this year and now when the idea of him being traded looks real, there are multiple threads worth of people begging to not let him go.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm just pointing out that there were a lot of us that were not in favor of re-signing Gagne earlier this year and now when the idea of him being traded looks real, there are multiple threads worth of people begging to not let him go.

Gotcha! :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also i dont know that everyone is begging him not to go.. i am haha.. but most are just saying it'll be sad to see him go

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still pretty sure you need 23 playes to make up the cap. Drop Cote and Backlund and we have a little over $2 million for 4 spots. Hate to see it but the only 2 real pieces to move for space are Carter and Gags (since he waived his NTC).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that carter and gagne are the most likely to be moved, and i'd even take carter out cause i think homer has a serious man-crush on him and isn't gunna move him

but i think we undervalue hartnell.. i think his NTC is more of a boundary then getting a good return

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that carter and gagne are the most likely to be moved, and i'd even take carter out cause i think homer has a serious man-crush on him and isn't gunna move him

but i think we undervalue hartnell.. i think his NTC is more of a boundary then getting a good return

Harts manned up in the playoffs I have no problem if Philly keeps him I honestly can't see him being moved. They also love his grit....

SamiForMayor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't think it has anything to do with Homer having a man crush...I think it has everything to do with the fact that Carter is 25 and has no concussion history and both salaries are about the same.

As for Hartnell, it seems like Snider was saying at the end of the season that Hartnell was dealing with alot of personal issues this season...anyone know what they were? I know there were rumors of his wife fooling around with Carter, but I think we've seen that in the past, something like that happens and someone gets shipped out (Brindy).

Anyone know what Snider meant by that?