• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the "GOAT" Belichick be on the hot seat?

Should Belichick be on the hot seat?

• No. he is the GOAT

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strictly from a coaching standpoint, B.B. has enough cache that his job is secure pretty much regardless of what happens. The problem is that he also is the guy who bought the groceries in this case and this appears to be the worst roster N.E. has had in 30-40 years even long before B.B. or T.B. got there. So maybe it becomes a case of the GM needs to go which means the coach as well because they are one and the same. Also, B.B.'s "Patriot way" mantra doesn't fly anymore. It worked when Brady was there because Brady could stand up and take the brunt of the criticism and the players followed Brady. Now it's just a bunch of below average talent from a generation that has never been told anything other than how good they are.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strictly from a coaching standpoint, B.B. has enough cache that his job is secure pretty much regardless of what happens. The problem is that he also is the guy who bought the groceries in this case and this appears to be the worst roster N.E. has had in 30-40 years even long before B.B. or T.B. got there. So maybe it becomes a case of the GM needs to go which means the coach as well because they are one and the same. Also, B.B.'s "Patriot way" mantra doesn't fly anymore. It worked when Brady was there because Brady could stand up and take the brunt of the criticism and the players followed Brady. Now it's just a bunch of below average talent from a generation that has never been told anything other than how good they are.

If the Pats have a terrible year (which looks inevitable), I could see the Pats peeling back most of his power outside of being the Head Coach. I think this may be enough for BB to just retire. Sometimes a demotion is much harder to take than being fired. I feel like BB wouldn't take a demotion well and is plenty old enough to retire. We'll see.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats have a terrible year (which looks inevitable), I could see the Pats peeling back most of his power outside of being the Head Coach. I think this may be enough for BB to just retire. Sometimes a demotion is much harder to take than being fired. I feel like BB wouldn't take a demotion well and is plenty old enough to retire. We'll see.
I agree. I doubt Bill would be willing to relinquish his GM duties but Kraft is likely to insist upon it which may drive Belichick out.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB's own words.

"He's the greatest coach in the history of professional football, clear and simple. Everything I do today, Paul Brown did. It all started with Paul Brown."

Article from pro football talk (11/23/19)- Bill Belichick proclaims Paul Brown the greatest coach in pro football history
as much as i,ve always despised miami,i think shula was the best ever coach.certainly others to consider,but i put him at number 1.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i,m 60 and he,s certainly the best in my lifetime.i hated landry but he was pretty good too.
I always had a lot of respect for what Joe Gibbs accomplished as well when I considered what those other guys had for QBs.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always had a lot of respect for what Joe Gibbs accomplished as well when I considered what those other guys had for QBs.
lots of folk say ben johnson of detroit is of the same manner gibbs was.i,ll need to see it before i believe it.gibbs was always the best when it comes to getting the best from his qbs around.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone like Jimmy Johnson actually had a huge impact on the game with the way he ran defense. Maybe doesn't have the track record of some of the other guys but his Miami team was one of the best college teams of all time and the Cowboys were one of the best NFL teams of all time. But after he changed the NFL, maybe the NFL caught up a bit. Maybe Belichick is in that tier of coach which is certainly still great.

If you're talking about greatest coaches, maybe the impact on the game is as much or more important than the wins. Most modern offensive football seems to have some roots with Bill Walsh. Certainly that extended coaching tree impacts the league. I don't think Belichick has that same coaching tree legacy.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see him retiring till he gets the most win record ( also most loss) and could see him coaching another team. Think Jerrah would love him in Dallas

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see him retiring till he gets the most win record ( also most loss) and could see him coaching another team. Think Jerrah would love him in Dallas
That's a good call. He is only like 30 wins away from it. Although Andy Reid isn't far behind him, if I recall correctly, and Andy has a QB that should get him 12+ wins a year for the foreseeable future. So if BB spends the next 3-4 seasons getting the most wins, does Andy jump him in 6-7 seasons from now? Does Bill want to coach till he's 75 or older?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good call. He is only like 30 wins away from it. Although Andy Reid isn't far behind him, if I recall correctly, and Andy has a QB that should get him 12+ wins a year for the foreseeable future. So if BB spends the next 3-4 seasons getting the most wins, does Andy jump him in 6-7 seasons from now? Does Bill want to coach till he's 75 or older?

30 wins with the job Belichick has done to that Pat's roster might be 5 years away.

Yeah he absolutely should be on the hotseat. At the bare minimum they have to bring in a brand new GM from outside the Belichick sphere to oversee roster construction.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the saying goes, "You're only as good as the people around you"... This is a classic case of that... Brady is gone and hasn't been able to do squat w/out him...

Carroll for example, goes to the playoffs with Wilson, Geno and Hass,.. He seems to adapt... I don't see Bill doing any of that... He's stuck in his ways and isn't innovative...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 wins with the job Belichick has done to that Pat's roster might be 5 years away.

Yeah he absolutely should be on the hotseat. At the bare minimum they have to bring in a brand new GM from outside the Belichick sphere to oversee roster construction.

I heard Colin say this on his show yesterday and I had to agree. He said that Kraft should hand him a fat check, unveil a statue of him, and thank him for his many years of service. The longer he waits to replace BB, the deeper this hole will become.