• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have lost 5 of their last 6 going into the playoffs, and appear to have fallen off a cliff after hitting a panic button and demoting defensive coordinator Sean Desai in favor of Matt Patricia.

The one-potent offense has become incredibly predictable and weak, players are apparently unhappy, and the coach seems to have zero answers for turning this ship around.

The Eagles are remarkably still a playoff team and could turn it all around by beating Tampa and going on a playoff run. But that looks incredibly unlikely right now. As a fan for more than 4 decades now, I have never, ever, felt less excited about a playoff game than this game.

Is this it for Sirianni? Or should he be given another year, with new coordinators, after taking the team to the Super Bowl?

Yes?

giphy.gif

Or No?

giphy.gif

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck getting another great head coach coming to Philly if they fire Sirianni. The guy leads you to a SB the previous year, gets you a playoff spot the next year, and you fire him?

There is a 0% chance they fire him, even if they lose by 20+ points against Tampa on Monday night. It would likely be this time next year before he even would get on the hot seat in Philly, in my opinion.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I am strongly in favor of firing him, and not at all worried about getting "another great head coach" since I don't think he is actually a great head coach at all. He was a young, inexperienced coordinator who had never been a head coach before. I'm sure we could find plenty of coaches willing to coach the Eagles, who remain a pretty talented roster, even though I do think we will see a dropoff after this season due to the retirements of key players such as Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I am strongly in favor of firing him, and not at all worried about getting "another great head coach" since I don't think he is actually a great head coach at all. He was a young, inexperienced coordinator who had never been a head coach before. I'm sure we could find plenty of coaches willing to coach the Eagles, who remain a pretty talented roster, even though I do think we will see a dropoff after this season due to the retirements of key players such as Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham.

You set a pretty high standard for coaching if you are willing to fire a coach that has a 34-17 record as a head coach and already has a SB appearance, along with an 11-6 record this season.

I would be worried about what that tells other potential coaches about the expectations when considering the head coach job in Philly.

He isn't going anywhere, nor should he. He might not be a great head coach, but according to the metrics, he has a pretty amazing track record with just 3 seasons as a head coach under his belt. It may be considered among the best first 3 seasons for a coach in NFL history.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hard to comeback from a meltdown where you almost ended the season on a 6 game losing streak unless you have a strong playoff run. It'd be one thing if the players still were playing hard but they look like they've checked out and just going through the motions to get the season over with. So if the Eagles continue to look like garbage and lose to the Bucs next week how do you get the players to buy into him next season?

I mean I don't follow the Eagles super closely but what exactly does he bring to the team? Seems like a CEO type coach that's propped up by his coordinators and once they got their own head coaching jobs he got exposed.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fired Doug Pederson a year after he won the Super Bowl.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nick comes back with his feet cut out from under him. Roseman and Lurie will pick his next set of offensive and defensive coordinators. The offense looks like a young coordinator in over his head with game plan and playcalling. The defensive side of the ball just looks straight incompetent. The offense is just stale with no adaptation evident. If you see guys like Vrabel, Tomlin, or Belichick on the street this could change. I just think if they do the lay of the land, you don’t see a clear improvement to Nick available right now. They’d rather keep working with the Nick investment. He’s a yes man. They value yes men. Additionally, if Lurie and Roseman are being fair and solid decision makers they have to take some ownership for what’s happened here as well. There’s no defensive staff in the world that can make those LBs and Safeties work.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fired Doug Pederson a year after he won the Super Bowl.
Huh? Maybe I'm forgetting the Eagles here, but wasn't he fired 3 years after he won the SB? I recall him having a terrible record when he was fired, and I'm not sure he made the playoffs the previous 2 years before the season he was fired. Maybe I'm not thinking correctly though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was two years later for Doug

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was two years later for Doug
I looked it up, it was 3 years later.

No offense, but how long have you been an Eagles fan? I don't even follow them and I even knew that they didn't fire him the year after they won the Super Bowl. I mean, we aren't talking that long ago all this happened. :noidea:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Maybe I'm forgetting the Eagles here, but wasn't he fired 3 years after he won the SB? I recall him having a terrible record when he was fired, and I'm not sure he made the playoffs the previous 2 years before the season he was fired. Maybe I'm not thinking correctly though.
Iggloo is off his rocker
Iggloo has a few screws loose
Iggloo lost his marbles

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You set a pretty high standard for coaching if you are willing to fire a coach that has a 34-17 record as a head coach and already has a SB appearance, along with an 11-6 record this season.

I would be worried about what that tells other potential coaches about the expectations when considering the head coach job in Philly.

He isn't going anywhere, nor should he. He might not be a great head coach, but according to the metrics, he has a pretty amazing track record with just 3 seasons as a head coach under his belt. It may be considered among the best first 3 seasons for a coach in NFL history.
I agree with a lot of what you’re saying if the Eagles hiring practices under Lurie weren’t so well defined. He always hires the coordinator happy to have a job. The only time they went after a guy others were interested in was Ray Rhodes and Chip Kelly. They hired Andy Reid when no one else was interviewing him. That was the case with Pederson. That was the case with Siriani. The Eagles elevate yes men who will be accepting of the front office and owner having their tentacles all over the operation.

The only reason Pederson was fired was because he put his foot down when the front office and Lurie wanted him to demote Press Taylor as his offensive coordinator. Doug had the franchise’s only Super Bowl under his belt and they called his bluff and fired him. I think Nick Siriani realizes that he’s not a great offensive mind and that this is his chance. I think Nick caves and does as he’s told where Doug didn’t.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to comeback from a meltdown where you almost ended the season on a 6 game losing streak unless you have a strong playoff run. It'd be one thing if the players still were playing hard but they look like they've checked out and just going through the motions to get the season over with. So if the Eagles continue to look like garbage and lose to the Bucs next week how do you get the players to buy into him next season?

I mean I don't follow the Eagles super closely but what exactly does he bring to the team? Seems like a CEO type coach that's propped up by his coordinators and once they got their own head coaching jobs he got exposed.
You nailed the characterization of Nick here. I personally don’t trust Nick going forward now. You raise a good question about the players feeling that way. Maybe it changes when they make massive adjustments to the staff and they get competence back into the meeting rooms.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with a lot of what you’re saying if the Eagles hiring practices under Lurie weren’t so well defined. He always hires the coordinator happy to have a job. The only time they went after a guy others were interested in was Ray Rhodes and Chip Kelly. They hired Andy Reid when no one else was interviewing him. That was the case with Pederson. That was the case with Siriani. The Eagles elevate yes men who will be accepting of the front office and owner having their tentacles all over the operation.

The only reason Pederson was fired was because he put his foot down when the front office and Lurie wouldn’t him to demote Press Taylor as his offensive coordinator. Doug had the franchise’s only Super Bowl under his belt and they called his bluff and fired him. I think Nick Siriani realizes that he’s not a great offensive mind and that this is his chance. I think Nick caves and does as he’s told where Doug didn’t.

But at least Pederson had 3 seasons in a row of no playoff appearances, and the team was getting much worse when he was fired.

Are you guys really advocating for a guy who is one season removed from a SB appearance, who has a 34-17 career record with the Eagles, and is currently in the playoffs with an 11-6 record, to be fired? (EDIT - I just saw you said "no" to firing him. Sorry for the mischaracterization)

Maybe my expectations are just too low as a Lions fan, but that just seems like a TERRIBLE thing an organization would do. Again, maybe the guy is "fools gold" as a coach, but at least have some evidence of it before firing him. A 6 game stretch isn't a whole lot of fireable evidence when you still win 11 games, in my opinion.

Also GREAT call on Andy Reid. I imagine you guys would love a mulligan on that firing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at least Pederson had 3 seasons in a row of no playoff appearances, and the team was getting much worse when he was fired.

Are you guys really advocating for a guy who is one season removed from a SB appearance, who has a 34-17 career record with the Eagles, and is currently in the playoffs with an 11-6 record, to be fired? (EDIT - I just saw you said "no" to firing him. Sorry for the mischaracterization)

Maybe my expectations are just too low as a Lions fan, but that just seems like a TERRIBLE thing an organization would do. Again, maybe the guy is "fools gold" as a coach, but at least have some evidence of it before firing him. A 6 game stretch isn't a whole lot of fireable evidence when you still win 11 games, in my opinion.

Also GREAT call on Andy Reid. I imagine you guys would love a mulligan on that firing.
Not at all on Andy Reid. Both the Eagles and Andy needed a change. Both have benefitted from moving on. Andy had plenty of time.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been an eagles fan more than 40 years, and happen to be on a train to work so got my details wrong on Pederson. But there was lots of similar discussion about how you could not fire a Super Bowl coach etc and it happened. Nick frankly is infinitely more deserving than Pederson and I think anyone who still thinks this isn’t possible is out of their minds or hasn’t seen this team play in the past month and a half. If he loses next week he is getting fired period.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just unprofessional. They cut the legs out from underneath Desai during the bye week when they took 3rd down game planning and 3rd down play calling away from him. Things have gone south on defense since that point. They weren’t great but they were competitive. They aren’t even competitive after that move. You can’t signal to your locker room a lack of confidence in a coach. That shit becomes a quick spreading epidemic and a crisis of confidence and faith for everyone on that side of the ball. All their “adjustment” did was make it worse.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been an eagles fan more than 40 years, and happen to be on a train to work so got my details wrong on Pederson. But there was lots of similar discussion about how you could not fire a Super Bowl coach etc and it happened. Nick frankly is infinitely more deserving than Pederson and I think anyone who still thinks this isn’t possible is out of their minds or hasn’t seen this team play in the past month and a half. If he loses next week he is getting fired period.
Do you think Nick was responsible for the hiring of Desai and Brian Johnson? They’re the biggest issues here.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just don't see how he is "infinitely more deserving than Pederson" to be fired. He hasn't even had a losing season in Philly (34-17 record to be exact), and has been a playoff team every year he has coached there, along with a SB appearance less than 12 months ago. :noidea:

I don't think they lose to TB, and it would be a BAD loss if they did, but I would be SHOCKED if he was fired at the end of the season...even if they were blown out by TB.