• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles open 2024 regular season in Brazil

Who will be Eagles opponent in Brazil from their home schedule?

• Dallas Cowboys

• NY Giants

• Washington Commanders

• Atlanta Falcons

• Carolina Panthers (International game in Munich already)

• Green Bay Packers

• Cleveland Browns

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Jacksonville Jaguars (International game in London already)

Results are only viewable after voting.
North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a sidenote, @Tainthappening I was just in Argentina last week! Small world!

I am in Rosario... hometown to Lionel Messi. Not even close to top of list of places to visit if vacationing in Argentina.

My favorite to travel to is Patagonia in the south... if like outdoors the place to be in Argentina.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, hey I'm no fan of that name either, but I doubt it would be a deciding factor.
It definitely would. This is all about branding and providing foreigners with new American brands to purchase. The Commanders name is shit and they are still talking about changing it. They wouldn't have sent the Washington Football Team there for the first game either because of how temporary the brand was. But it still would have been a much better name for Brazilians to spend money on than commanders (of what?).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles/Steelers

Take the in-state rivalry take it on the road and both fan bases travel well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that warlords don’t use some sweet Brazilian fat asses to seduce some players into a situation where they can be kidnapped for ransom. However, if that happens, I hope it’s James Bradbury and the Eagles refuse to pay the ransom.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles/Steelers

Take the in-state rivalry take it on the road and both fan bases travel well.
This would honestly be the worst case scenario. The teams seem to only play once every 4 years. Seems silly to take an in state rivalry game and play it Ghetto Portugal.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be such bullshit.

So they'll probably do it.
They want a marquee Friday night game and Carolina doesn't fit the bill so I thought Steelers as best. I don't think they'd go with division rivals.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want a marquee Friday night game and Carolina doesn't fit the bill so I thought Steelers as best. I don't think they'd go with division rivals.
Maybe it will be the Commanders and the warlords can kidnap Josh Harris and it saves the Sixers!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would honestly be the worst case scenario. The teams seem to only play once every 4 years. Seems silly to take an in state rivalry game and play it Ghetto Portugal.
I just don't see the NFL using a division rival and the Steelers seem the most appetizing. Maybe Cleveland

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can hope
I voted Falcons. I ruled out a division game because of the competitive disadvantage of the opponent getting a home game later while the Eagles home game is in Ghetto Portugal. I also don’t think it will be one of the AFC North teams because that’s a 4 year rotation thing that involves real football fans in somewhat close proximity to each other for travel to a road game.

That leaves the Falcons Packers Panthers.

Nobody wants to see the Panthers in prime time week 1. I voted Atlanta but could see them hyping up the Packers after their strong finish. I just think the Falcons will have a new coach and probably a new QB that will be intriguing to viewers.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Falcons. I ruled out a division game because of the competitive disadvantage of the opponent getting a home game later while the Eagles home game is in Ghetto Portugal. I also don’t think it will be one of the AFC North teams because that’s a 4 year rotation thing that involves real football fans in somewhat close proximity to each other for travel to a road game.

That leaves the Falcons Packers Panthers.

Nobody wants to see the Panthers in prime time week 1. I voted Atlanta but could see them hyping up the Packers after their strong finish. I just think the Falcons will have a new coach and probably a new QB that will be intriguing to viewers.
Plus bird vs bird

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sao Paulo airport has direct flights to Washington DC, New York, Dallas, Miami, Orlando, and Atlanta.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Falcons. I ruled out a division game because of the competitive disadvantage of the opponent getting a home game later while the Eagles home game

I agree 100%... so reviewed prior international games. Happns more often than I thought....

Total games 43
Divisional games 7 (16% of total)

5 games in London... last 2 were in Mexico
1707346630958.png

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I‘m not a big fan of the international games, at least this one will be on at night and not early in the morning like the European games are. They are adding way too many international games to the NFL.
There's no way that the NFL is going to miss out on international money.