• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Packers offseason

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the offseason thread started... here are some important dates already known.

February 20 though March 5 - clubs may designate franchise or transition players
February 27 through March 4 - NFL Scouting Combine
March 5 - Deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players
March 11-13, 2024: Beginning of the NFL’s legal tampering period for free agents.
March 13 - Start of the 2024 league year
March 13 - The Free Agency Period begins
March 24 through 27 - Annual League Meeting
April 1 - Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2023 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.
April 15 - Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.
April 19 - Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.
April 24 - Deadline for prior club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents who signed offer sheets.
April 25 through April 27 - NFL Draft in Detriot, MI
May 2 - Deadline for Clubs to exercise Fifth-Year Option for players selected in the first round of the 2021 Draft.
May 13 - Rookie football development program begins
May 20-22 Spring league meeting
Aug 1 - preseason NFL action starts with NFL Hall of Fame game
Sept 5 - Super Bowl champ opens season on Thursday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears the Packers may have a new DC

Sources: Pack expected to hire BC's Hafley as DC

While LaFleur and Hafley have never directly worked together, they have some mutual connections. Hafley was the Browns defensive backs coach in 2014-15 under then head coach Mike Pettine, who was LaFleur's first defensive coordinator in Green Bay (2019-20). Hafley also worked for 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan, one of LaFleur's mentors. Hafley was the 49ers defensive backs coach from 2016-18 before he became Ohio State's co-defensive coordinator.

The rest of the Packers defensive coach staff is under contract for the 2024 season and none of them was let go when the Packers parted ways with Barry. So there's a good chance some -- or all -- of them could return to work under Hafley.

Hafley is a veteran NFL assistant coach who worked seven years in the NFL coaching various secondary positions before returning to college football as Ohio State's defensive coordinator in 2019.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure about the move to a 4-3 scheme, not that it really matters because how often do you see a base defense on the field. In today's NFL you need to defend so much/many types of O that you have to have depth and the ability to defend every blade of grass on the field.

I don't expect the Pack to be active in free agency, but do expect them to draft players on both sides of the ball early. Probably going to lose some OLine depth in FA and DBs as well. So wouldn't be shocked to see them go to those places early in the draft and then get more in the later rounds.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect the Pack to be active in free agency, but do expect them to draft players on both sides of the ball early. Probably going to lose some OLine depth in FA and DBs as well. So wouldn't be shocked to see them go to those places early in the draft and then get more in the later rounds.

With Packers 1st and two 2nd round picks I expect 1 OL and 1 DB pick somewhere in those 3 picks... do not expect Bakhitiari or Runyan back, need help in secondary.

Expect RB round 3 or later... maybe multiple picks.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Packers 1st and two 2nd round picks I expect 1 OL and 1 DB pick somewhere in those 3 picks... do not expect Bakhitiari or Runyan back, need help in secondary.

Expect RB round 3 or later... maybe multiple picks.

That double up on a position is a usual move by the Packers. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see OL, DB and DL early and then again with the 4th thru 6th round picks, or even late 3rd. Historically it's something they do regularly and if they still think it needs improvement they'll do it again the next year, like WR in 22 and 23. I'm guessing a RB that we don't know anything about in the middle of the draft, like they did with Jones.

I honestly don't really follow the prospects or pretend I know anything about any of them. I'm not a scout and couldn't tell you anything about just about anybody in the draft. I do love to see how the pundits pound on teams year after year because they didn't follow the path the pundits expected only for the pundits to look like morons more often than not. So, I usually wait until about week 8 or 9 to start making any kind of judgement on the Packers draft, anything else is just a guess at best and blowing smoke out my azz at worst.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That double up on a position is a usual move by the Packers. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see OL, DB and DL early and then again with the 4th thru 6th round picks, or even late 3rd. Historically it's something they do regularly and if they still think it needs improvement they'll do it again the next year, like WR in 22 and 23. I'm guessing a RB that we don't know anything about in the middle of the draft, like they did with Jones.

I honestly don't really follow the prospects or pretend I know anything about any of them. I'm not a scout and couldn't tell you anything about just about anybody in the draft. I do love to see how the pundits pound on teams year after year because they didn't follow the path the pundits expected only for the pundits to look like morons more often than not. So, I usually wait until about week 8 or 9 to start making any kind of judgement on the Packers draft, anything else is just a guess at best and blowing smoke out my azz at worst.

Packers projected to have 11 picks... compensatory picks should be confirmed soon. Expect a few positions to be doubled up... I would agree OL and DB and high possibility for multiple picks.

Packers seem to really hit on OL in 4th round... since 2008... Z. Tom, Bakhtiari, Tretter, TJ Lang, Sitton. Packers hit more than they miss with OL picks in 4th round since that date. Have picked up a few in later rounds as well... 5th Linsley, 6th Runyan, 7th R. Walker.... but a lot more misses as to be expected.

Current OL... Jenkins and Myers 2nd round, Rhyan who I expect to start if Runyan gone is 3rd round.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers get 3 comp picks.... 5th #168. 6th #219 and 7th #255. It's not nothing, so hopefully they'll do something good with them

Damn, just checked to see what other teams in division have...Bears, team that needs a lot has 5 total picks....2 1sts, a 3rd and 2 4ths... lots of cap space so I'd expect them to be pretty active in FA and probably trade down with 1 of the 2 1sts to get more picks...maybe that's just me??

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bakhtiari is gone as expected... $19M of dead money... $21M freed up on the salary cap.

Great player when healthy... really could have used him in 2020/2021 playoffs. Best to Bakhtiari going forward if he is still hoping to play.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bakhtiari is gone as expected... $19M of dead money... $21M freed up on the salary cap.

Great player when healthy... really could have used him in 2020/2021 playoffs. Best to Bakhtiari going forward if he is still hoping to play.

Sounds like Aaron Jones is out and Josh Jacobs is in with Dillon. Not sure what's up with that...really no idea what they're thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Aaron Jones is out and Josh Jacobs is in with Dillon. Not sure what's up with that...really no idea what they're thinking

Runyon to the Giants.... expected him to be gone as well.

Do not like the RB changes for now... A. Jones must not have offered much flexibility with contract and Packers trying to pinch pennies... Jones 29, Jacobs only 26... but Jacobs 130 more carries already and Jones a much better career average/rush (5.0 vs 4.2).

Jones also a great team player... do not know much about Jacobs in that regard,

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runyon to the Giants.... expected him to be gone as well.

Do not like the RB changes for now... A. Jones must not have offered much flexibility with contract and Packers trying to pinch pennies... Jones 29, Jacobs only 26... but Jacobs 130 more carries already and Jones a much better career average/rush (5.0 vs 4.2).

Jones also a great team player... do not know much about Jacobs in that regard,

I'm not sure what they're thinking, but then I'm not paid by them, so....whatever

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find what Jacobs was signed for. Hope it's not stupid

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jacobs gets a 4yr 48mil contract with 14.8 mil guaranteed...uh, ok..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jacobs gets a 4yr 48mil contract with 14.8 mil guaranteed...uh, ok..

Wonder how far off that was from what A. Jones was asking for if he was willing to come down, but my current understanding A. Jones and his agent did not want to come down. I assume that Bisaccia was consulted heavily on Jacobs.

Packers resigned T. Davis at TE and Ballentine at CB. Davis was good ST guy before the injury... Ballentine good for depth, have to say played better than I expected when pressed into service on regular basis... but definitely prefer him for depth.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad to see Jones leave. Its always about the money, but that is how it goes. Im actually surprised to see GB this active in free agency so hopefully the pick ups will make a difference. Anyways...long ways off til September.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the Packers were going to try to trade Alexander. I haven't really heard anything about it, but for some reason some of his antics make him a square peg in Green Bay. I might be wrong...just thinking out loud...or on a keyboard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we know Packers playing in Brazil, I live next door (2 1/2 hour flight) in Argentina from where they will play.

I know several Brazilians as many come to my city to attend university (cheaper in Argentina vs Brazil) and work here while studying or stayed afterwards permanently. Have yet to meet one that likes American Football.... all diehards for their national soccer team.

Seen it a few times that Packers are one of the most popular NFL teams in Brazil... Brazil national colors small resemblance to Packers colors.

1712839968773.png

1712839999443.png