• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2024 free agents

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danielle Hunter.....Hes a Texan.....

My ladt hoppe for a d-lineman gone.....

Thats gonna make our draft a little more important.

I thought for sure we were gonna sign a big name on that side of the line snd wr at 9,but now Im not so sure what we are gonna do.
Still have three big holes to fill: WR, DE/Edge, Center. I think we'll find an adequate center later in the draft, assuming Poles doesn't ink one of the free agents still out there. But that leaves two very important positions open with only one early draft pick at #9. I remain hopeful that one of these could be filled during this FA period. But Poles is running out of bodies.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have three big holes to fill: WR, DE/Edge, Center. I think we'll find an adequate center later in the draft, assuming Poles doesn't ink one of the free agents still out there. But that leaves two very important positions open with only one early draft pick at #9. I remain hopeful that one of these could be filled during this FA period. But Poles is running out of bodies.
Clowney is available. Not to mention Chase Young.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch Chase Young. He visiting Panthers and Saints.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda sad when I'm thinking why not Young or Clowney - I must be getting desperate!! :crazy:
Clowney can still play....but the Ravens may want to bring him back. Young may go to NO or Carolina.

You don't need a stud opposite Sweat.....Campbell is 37 but he had 6.5 sacks last season but he could just retire.

Mike Danna is a solid up and comer but KC prolly gotta let him go because they have other needs and are limited on what they can pay him.

There are some bargains that can be found.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob Infante might be onto something:

Of course that's assuming some other team, such as the Panthers, doesn't snatch him first. Young, good size. Not super fast, at least track-wise, but does possess some decent athleticism. Have to admit, Wonnum was not on my personal radar, but reviewing his performance this past season, I'd be more than satisified if Poles could ink him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Poles sign a veteran wideout, altho I'd still like to also see one taken in the draft. The two I have mentioned here are not #1 material, but would make for a nice compliment to the passing attack, plus neither would break the bank, cost-wise. The two reasonable WR targets for signing:

Gabe Davis, Buffalo
Curtis Samuel, Washington
Looks like the Bears made a legit offer for Davis, but apparently geography won out:

Davis wanted to return to Florida being from Sanford, FL. In addition, there is familiarity with his former coach Chad Hall and the guarantee of who is playing quarterback. At the end of the day, Davis had an up-and-down career in Buffalo. The Bears gave an honest offer and the player went a different direction. It doesn't seem like the worst miss the Bears will ever experience.

Based on what's stated, even if Poles let Davis' agent know who'd be our QB in '24 he still would have gone with the Jags. But there's still some hope:

With that in mind, a competitive offer for Davis means the Bears are certainly kicking the tires on the receiver market. Calvin Ridley headlines the remaining group, but Curtis Samuel, Tyler Boyd, and DJ Chark are also names to keep an eye on.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears signed former Bronco and Ram QB Brett Rypien.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just seen KJ Osborne is still available......seems to me has come up with some big catches for Minnesota over the last year or two.
He would be a nice no.3 in my book and probably wont command as much money as Mike Williams......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just seen KJ Osborne is still available......seems to me has come up with some big catches for Minnesota over the last year or two.
He would be a nice no.3 in my book and probably wont command as much money as Mike Williams......
I may actually prefer Osborn to Williams. Osborn is talented, dude. Just overshadowed by Jefferson and Hockenson, too. Then, he had Addison to contend with for targets this year as well.

He's also not injured constantly, as Williams is. Big factor for me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda sad when I'm thinking why not Young or Clowney - I must be getting desperate!! :crazy:
Wanting Chase Young is "desperate"? Hell no. Young may have his best football ahead of him. His early career has been blown up by injuries and then he was traded mid-season last year. Made an impact for SF. IMO, he just needs a new home to settle in and take off from. Not saying he's going to light up the league, but he's 24 years old. He made a pro bowl at 21. He could EASILY have multiple double digit sack seasons in him. Reuniting him with Sweat could be good. Wasn't it rumored that Poles had interest in him last year?

Unfortunately, I do not see the Bears tied to him, in any way.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may actually prefer Osborn to Williams. Osborn is talented, dude. Just overshadowed by Jefferson and Hockenson, too. Then, he had Addison to contend with for targets this year as well.

He's also not injured constantly, as Williams is. Big factor for me.

SAme,Id rather have Osborne myself,and eould probably come slot cheaper.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting Chase Young is "desperate"? Hell no.

Unfortunately, I do not see the Bears tied to him, in any way.
Good, please forgive me when I say I remain in desperate mode with him.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft will be very interesting. This FA was very boring outside of re-upping Jaylon. At this point I just wonder how many offseasons it will be before I can stop asking for a new center....I'm starting to have doubts we address that position....again.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft will be very interesting. This FA was very boring outside of re-upping Jaylon. At this point I just wonder how many offseasons it will be before I can stop asking for a new center....I'm starting to have doubts we address that position....again.
Other than JJ.....
I really like the Swift signing......
Byard was a very good signing I think.....
Everett was good.....

But that Bates trade is kinda mind numbing,we gave up a 5th for a backup center when we could have waited for cuts during training camp......and being we have what 5 picks.....??.....dumb.
WE could have picked up one of the others such ad Morse.........
Poles f'rd that up imo.
And we still have not one top dlineman or that 2nd or 3rd wr I figured we would of gotten nor even tried that I know of......

But then it took ever to get Ngakoue last year....so thetes still time,but its shirtening.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles line was one of the leagues best. The Giants line was possibly the worst in history.
Does Kelce's retirement change that?

The Bears signed former Bronco and Ram QB Brett Rypien.
He was on Seattles's practice squad with Shane Waldron. Insurance addition?