• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 Draft Thread

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raw talent at OT. Seems like a good pick.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiran Amegadjie - it will take me two years just to learn how to pronounce his name.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just found this tidbit from PFF:

The Bears continue to add pieces to their offense, grabbing a versatile offensive lineman at Pick 75. The 57th overall player on the PFF big board, Amegadjie played left tackle at Yale and earned an 89.5 grade on just 234 snaps last season. He could be a guard at the next level, but as a third-round pick, he will have time to sit and develop at whichever spot he winds up.

So perhaps my initial C+ grade was a bit premature, altho in fairness to myself, I didn't have a clue who this guy was, so I had zero info on him. I saw or read somewhere that Amegadjie was one of Poles top 30 visits. And we have to remember Poles is a former OL. I'm guessing he knows just a wee bit more about people who man this position than some schmuck like me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally would be pissed about WR at 9, but the Bears are in a remarkable position, where it's almost a freebie.

Love Day 1.
Same. But Odunze is much safer than your typical WR at #9, though. He carries himself like a pro and should be ready to roll from the get-go. Nabers may have the higher ceiling, but Odunze has the tools/traits/fundamentals of a pro.
The Yahoo draft analyst gave us a B+ for the kid:

Good developmental option for the Bears. They have a lot of depth right now between Braxton Jones, Darnell Wright and the newly drafted Amegadjie.

Hey, who am I to argue.
He injured his quad at the end of last season and couldn't go through the combine/team workouts.

He's a developmental piece that many project more as a guard than a tackle. However, he does bring versatility. He only played tackle in college during his final season.

I could definitely see this working out. I could also 100% see this dude being a major pain in the ass and all of us wondering why the hell we were so hot on a no name Ivy League kid that didn't even go through the workout process.

Looks like we're basically married to our edge situation. I'm sure we bring in someone tomorrow, but (likely) no one whose going to make a big year 1 impact.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see this working out. I could also 100% see this dude being a major pain in the ass and all of us wondering why the hell we were so hot on a no name Ivy League kid that didn't even go through the workout process.
1714194694114.png

Attachments

• 1714194651251.png
    1714194651251.png
    506.2 KB · Views: 0

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bears continue to add pieces to their offense, grabbing a versatile offensive lineman at Pick 75. The 57th overall player on the PFF big board, Amegadjie played left tackle at Yale and earned an 89.5 grade on just 234 snaps last season. He could be a guard at the next level, but as a third-round pick, he will have time to sit and develop at whichever spot he winds up.

So perhaps my initial C+ grade was a bit premature, altho in fairness to myself, I didn't have a clue who this guy was, so I had zero info on him. I saw or read somewhere that Amegadjie was one of Poles top 30 visits. And we have to remember Poles is a former OL. I'm guessing he knows just a wee bit more about people who man this position than some schmuck like me.
And now I learn he's a local kid. Poles has mentioned in the past that he really likes drafting/signing local players.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two more grades:

From Yahoo Sports:
Good developmental option for the Bears. They have a lot of depth right now between Braxton Jones, Darnell Wright and the newly drafted Amegadjie. Grade: B+

From CBS Sports:
Grade: A-
Legitimately got Trey Smith vibes watching him on film in Ivy League. Ridiculously long, thick masher with OT frame who probably plays guard at next level. Strong, methodical movements. Didn't see many counter moves in college and is a good, not remarkable athlete. Prudent pick for Chicago.

Guess I need to brush up on my grading system. :tongue:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we met with the West Virginia center too, Zach Frazier.

This is the list of our 30 visits that I don't think have been picked yet. Round 3 pick is probably in here:

• Zach Frazier (Center, West Virginia)
  • Kiran Amegadjie (Offensive Tackle, Yale)
  • Andru Phillips (Cornerback, Kentucky)
  • Trevor Keegan (Guard, Michigan)
  • Elijah Jones (Cornerback, Boston College)
  • Cam Hart (Cornerback, Notre Dame)
  • Dylan Laube (Runningback, New Hampshire)
  • Ben Sinnott (Tight End, Kansas State)
  • Nehemiah Pritchett (Cornerback, Auburn)
  • Jha’Quan Jackson (Wide Receiver, Tulane)
Welp…I’d bet on one of the two cornerbacks left from this list above is our last pick: Cam Hart or Nehemiah Pritchett