• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Mock Draft 2024

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, depends on whether that guy is still available at the Cowboys' pick (could be). If that's the value pick, that should be the target.

Was Biadasz too expensive to keep?
For what he is. yes.
Number wise alone probably not.
Would rather look to improve the position than sign a long term deal for average.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking over this mock thinking it looks pretty solid until I realize there's no Dallas Turner on the list. He's pretty much the consensus top defensive player in the draft. I'm sure it was a simple omission, but the Mock Gods will demand that this has to be voided until he's placed in here and probably in the top 10 at that.
I had him at pick 8 and Big Ken copy and pasted but left him out just so he could show the savvy moves of the Patriots getting a projected top 5 pick late in rd1.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is a Pats fan, and he has them trading back twice in the first round. I guess his hope is that they can accumulate many draft picks, and still get their QB, who many think is a top 10 pick, with JJ. That would be the most ideal night for the Pats, especially if they grab a few extra 1st round picks in the 2025 draft.
I too have NE trading back. I'd be ok if they traded back 2x. They have a lot of holes to fill and this years draft is loaded with quality prospects at those positions.

Is NE in love with one of the top 3 QBs? I'm not sure? Trade back, get those picks and I'm ok with taking a shot on JJ, Nix or Penix.

NE just needs a dance partner.

Last edited by a moderator:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, what?
With that extra draft capital, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Williams is probably a franchise QB. May not get you to the dance but should keep his team competitive. But he also seems to be a few bricks shy of a full load.

After that, is there really a sure fire, not miss on the reamaing 4-5 QBs? I'm not sure? How many first rounders have failed, while picks #199 and Mr. Irrelevant/UDFA have had success?

It's a crap shoot at best no matter how much tape you watch, no matter how many drills you have them run, how many interviews and background checks you do.

So my point is take the picks. Select one of the afermentioned QBs, fill some holes and see what that QB can do. If he busts you have next years FA and draft.

But like you, I'm an armchair GM.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that extra draft capital, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Williams is probably a franchise QB. May not get you to the dance but should keep his team competitive. But he also seems to be a few bricks shy of a full load.

After that, is there really a sure fire, not miss on the reamaing 4-5 QBs? I'm not sure? How many first rounders have failed, while picks #199 and Mr. Irrelevant/UDFA have had success?

It's a crap shoot at best no matter how much tape you watch, no matter how many drills you have them run, how many interviews and background checks you do.

So my point is take the picks. Select one of the afermentioned QBs, fill some holes and see what that QB can do. If he busts you have next years FA and draft.

But like you, I'm an armchair GM.

That wasn't the critique. "shot" was previously spelled unfortunately previously lol.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill make a bet with you.... has many outs... the bet is ONLY if the Broncos draft a QB in the first round

I bet that they trade up to get one!!! even if it is NIX....

12 is a tie

Trade down you win

I'm thinking that the Broncos have now exited the "trade up for a QB" scenario now, and likely won't draft a QB in the first round at all now. I think they will trade back in the draft to accumulate draft picks, although I think that depends on who is still available at the #12 slot on Thursday. Denver needs draft capital, and it now appears that Peyton isn't sold on the QB's that will be projected as being available at the #12 pick. We'll see on Thursday.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that the Broncos have now exited the "trade up for a QB" scenario now, and likely won't draft a QB in the first round at all now. I think they will trade back in the draft to accumulate draft picks, although I think that depends on who is still available at the #12 slot on Thursday. Denver needs draft capital, and it now appears that Peyton isn't sold on the QB's that will be projected as being available at the #12 pick. We'll see on Thursday.

I don't know that Zach moves the needle that much. He's more likely a 2nd fall back option if they don't get what they want in the draft, meaning they could be trading back from 12 (to get more picks).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that Zach moves the needle that much. He's more likely a 2nd fall back option if they don't get what they want in the draft, meaning they could be trading back from 12 (to get more picks).
That was my thought. This just tells me that they aren't sold on any of the QB's they think will be available at #12. At least not sold enough on them to draft them that highly. I too think they will trade back. If they did want to get another QB in the draft, Nix and Penix seem to be trending towards the end of the first round. I don't know if they will want to spend a first round pick on them, but they likely would have that option for at least one of them.

Like I said above, we'll see on Thursday. I love the draft!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thought. This just tells me that they aren't sold on any of the QB's they think will be available at #12. At least not sold enough on them to draft them that highly. I too think they will trade back. If they did want to get another QB in the draft, Nix and Penix seem to be trending towards the end of the first round. I don't know if they will want to spend a first round pick on them, but they likely would have that option for at least one of them.

Like I said above, we'll see on Thursday. I love the draft!

Me too, always take Friday off. Double-whammy this week, as I should be picking up my new car Thurs or Fri...

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw down a rough mock draft.

1) Bears - Caleb Williams
2) Commanders - Jayden Daniels
3) Patriots - Drake Maye
4) Vikings* - JJ McCarthy
5) Chargers - Marvin Harrison Jr
6) Giants - Malik Nabers
7) Titans - Joe Alt
8) Falcons - Dallas Turner
9) Bears - Laiatu Latu
10) Jets - Brock Bowers
11) Cardinals* - Rome Odunze
12) Broncos - Brian Thomas Jr
13) Raiders - JC Latham
14) Saints - Olu Fashanu
15) Colts - Quinyon Mitchell
16) Steelers* - Taliese Fuaga
17) Jaguars - Cooper DeJean
18) Eagles* - Terrion Arnold
19) Rams - Amarius Mims
20) Seahawks* - Michael Penix Jr
21) Dolphins - Byron Murphy II
22) Bengals* - T'Vondre Sweat
23) Cardinals*- Chop Robinson
24) Cowboys - Troy Fautanu
25) Packers - Kool Aid McKinstry
26) Bucs - Jackson Powers-Johnson
27) Cardinals - Nate Wiggins
28) Bills - Jared Verse
29) Lions - TJ Tampa
30) Ravens - Tyler Guyton
31) Niners - Xavier Legette
32) Chiefs - Ricky Pearsall
I don't see a world where the Niners choose Legette over AD Mitchell or Ladd McConkey in the 1st. Mitchell and McConkey would be better immediately and frankly have higher ceilings whereas Legette may take awhile to learn how to run the route tree.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a world where the Niners choose Legette over AD Mitchell or Ladd McConkey in the 1st. Mitchell and McConkey would be better immediately and frankly have higher ceilings whereas Legette may take awhile to learn how to run the route tree.
Post #61 had me update that mock because I forgot Mitchell. But if I was doing one now it'd look a bit different.