• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fudges 2024 Mock Draft

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Chiefs, I think the draft is more about finding as many starters as possible. Its really deep but Im not sure I see much use in taking risks in rd1. I think for a team picking in the top 15 its a totally different equation.

The Chiefs just need to keep finding cheap, quality talent in the draft. Doing that will keep the train running for a long time in KC.

I think most NFL teams are moving more towards paying a few key guys a key positions and then just trying to find cheap labor to fill the rest of the spots. At least that seems to be more of the trend when it comes to RB's (although the Eagles just did the opposite).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most NFL teams are moving more towards paying a few key guys a key positions and then just trying to find cheap labor to fill the rest of the spots. At least that seems to be more of the trend when it comes to RB's (although the Eagles just did the opposite).
The RB market got so ridiculous I knew Howie would swoop in. He usually sees it how I do.

Eagles paid their QB, a RB, both their WRs, their TE, their LT, their LG, their RT. The money grows on trees.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals pick is spot on with Mims. I really like him a lot at that spot. If Murphy drops to 18, I do think Bengals likely go in that direction and grab another OT in round 2 or 3...because while Mims would be a nice long-term guy and likely starter in 2025, Murphy would be a likely starter this year - and his versatility between 3T and 0T on the line fits exactly what Lou is doing with the defensive line (and a reason why they let a true 0T in Reader walk).

Not as concerned, personally, with the injury stuff...he is a bit inexperienced, but being able to sit behind a guy like TB and also OB on the left side will give him two really good veterans to lean into and learn from.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple points:

• Obviously Caleb is a Bear. Maybe you are taking your shot in the dark, so I get it. Unless you think he doesn't want to be in Chicago but by his comments it seems he is fine wherever he plays.
  • Very small chance imo Daniels doesn't go top 10. I would be shocked if he doesn't go top 4, whether it is a trade up or not.
  • I would be shocked if Rome doesn't go top 10 or at least top 12 as well. 15 seems like a stretch. Too many WR needy teams and it seems like most have him right there with MHJ and Nabers.
  • Penix top 10 and before Mccarthy? I mean I think Penix is a better QB but will be 24 and Mccarthy is 21, that alone will drop Penix but I think there is a lot of hype around Mccarthy so at this point I would be shocked if someone doesn't pick him in the Rd 1.
  • Am I crazy is Latu not in this mock? I looked it over several times and I didn't see him. Another player I would be shocked if he didn't go 1st, he is arguably the best pass rusher in this class.
I did mention Latu at 16 and badly wanted to type it but....

Maybe I took Walts projections to seriously...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah agreed. There's 3 elite WRs (all have the expectation to be #1s) although each of them kind of have their own unique quality. Harrison has the best footwork and route running (which is so huge), Nabers is the speedster and acceleration king, and Odunze is your contested ball catcher (end zone threat, just chuck it to him).

But yah, outside of that it's kind of scattered. Plenty of good wideout talent but I don't feel like there's a true obvious/standout #4. Most people are saying Thomas, but Worthy, Leggett, Mitchell, Coleman... they're all kind of right there. Thomas is prob. the fave because of the upside... but he kind of has a DK Metcalf thing. Crazy speed, length, athleticism, but everything else is really not 'crisp' lol.

I think 4 is Worthy just for his swiss army knifeness.

It's the way the nfl is headed right now. It's not "your slotted into a postion."

Wrs are more effectively RBs now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 4 is Worthy just for his swiss army knifeness.

It's the way the nfl is headed right now. It's not "your slotted into a postion."

Wrs are more effectively RBs now.

True, and you hit the exact point I was making. It's really a mish mash of receivers after the top 3 lol. I could see a case for any of them being #4.

Also agreed that WRs are getting used a lot differently now. More interesting routes, screen plays, end arounds, etc. There's a lot of pass plays that are designed to get 4-5 yards (which in the past was typically done by RBs). You still need actual runningbacks to keep the defense honest and a good run game is a HUGE asset still, but I think the overall value has been diminished. I think it was always, "The run game sets up the pass game!" Now it's also like, "Well, the pass game sets up the run game." lol.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my thing but we can afford to wait a bit....

Getting a Interior Force like Murphy is helps our defense Termendously
I'm good with that pick. I've stated it would take 2 drafts to build up the D and this would be a great start

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many mocks have Verse and Latu in the top 24. Hard to see both players slipping to Round 2.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latu will be taken in the 1st easily. He's by far the best technical pass rusher to come out of the draft in quite a while... it's hard to just be an athlete and dominate in the NFL... you really have to learn technique... and IMO Latu is miles above every other EDGE in this draft.

I'd be shocked if Latu drops out of the teens. If Seattle takes him at 16 I'll be absolutely thrilled. Hell I'd be thrilled if they trade their 2025 1st and 2024 3rd to move up to the early 2nd (if he falls) to snag him there. If the Rams take him at 19 I'll be absolutely pissed.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a bears fan, I would hate that draft with a passion.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance of either slipping to the 2nd round, let alone both.

Agreed.. as stacked as this draft offensively, if Seattle doesn't move their 2025 1st and their 2024 3rd to the #1 overall 2nd if Latu or Verse are there... I'm quitting as a Seahawks fan.