• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL draft in Detroit - anyone going?

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone going to the 2024 NFL draft in Detroit April 25-27?

Many posters here from Michigan/Northern Ohio. Chicago to Detroit is only 4 hours.

I imagine the Bears, Packers and Vikings picks will get a lot of boos. Hope any going can enjoy the event.

2024 NFL Draft | NFL Draft News, Video & Photos | NFL.com

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone going to the 2024 NFL draft in Detroit April 25-27?

Many posters here from Michigan/Northern Ohio. Chicago to Detroit is only 4 hours.

I imagine the Bears, Packers and Vikings picks will get a lot of boos. Hope any going can enjoy the event.

2024 NFL Draft | NFL Draft News, Video & Photos | NFL.com
But they should get their fair share of cheers as well, being they're relatively close to Detroit and they are division rivals after all. Cleveland should also have a ton of fans there due to their super close proximity.

I won't be attending, but I'll be glued to the TV, especially round 1.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, but will be watching. Seems like a lot action going on. Cheers!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be staying away from downtown those 3 days for sure. It's amazing to me what a big deal the draft has come to be.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be staying away from downtown those 3 days for sure. It's amazing to me what a big deal the draft has come to be.
We talked about going down. But after thinking about it seriously and looking into things, I don’t want to deal with the chaos.

We’d need to stay downtown and I can’t allow myself to pay the kind of money theyre charging for a room that weekend.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reached out to the Lions directly about getting tickets for me and my brother. We've followed it together since we were young. We're both more upset over losing old copies of Joel Buschbaums "draft bible" with our hand written notes in it than I was about losing old family photos and yearbooks and stuff in a basement flood. My bro has a risky surgery on Monday after and terminal cancer. I didn't play the pith card and didn't ask for anything, maybe I should have? They came back with a very cool sounding package. Meet and greets with hall of famers. Behind the scenes access and red carpet access and all sorts of cool stuff. But it was like $2500/person for day 1 and I think around $5000/person for all 3 days.

I also signed up at NFL.com and got a "free ticket" but it seems to be general admission, just access to some events they have around town, and then like standing general admission to bleachers or something during the actual draft.

I was looking for something in between that I guess. Can't afford to drop $5k for a 4 hour night or 10k for a weekend. But wanted more of a homebase or something more than just general admission. That second option could end up being very cool, but the uncertainty... the plan is to watch at least day 1 from home. May end up going over there for day 2 and/or 3 but I kinda doubt it.

Other part of it is I travel for work, working in Flint right now, doing 7 twelve hour days on and then 7 off. And Thursday is my first day off. So I would drive home from Flint area back to GR area get my bro and then back to Detroit. I'm already usually a zombie on my first day off, 5-6 hours in the car would just exacerbate that.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch as always. Only time I attended the draft was like day 3 or something in Chicago (convenient). Usually I like to have NFL.COM and ESPN open though for coverage, and then a my computer all setup with various sites (including the Hoop) and guides/footage, etc. all up so I can educate myself about each pick (at least in the 1st round).

This should be a pretty fun top 10 draft. 3 QBs and then 3 elite WRs (who could all be top 5 - there's just a log jam thanks to the QBs). One elite TE and OT as well. Lot of potential all pros in this draft. Beyond the top 10 I think there's a pretty significant drop in talent but there's a bunch of guys that should be good... lots of decent OL, decent DL... yes there aren't a bunch of flashy EDGE players or RBs/TEs/DBs but that's okay. I like watching teams build up the trenches since the most successful teams seem to have very good ones.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reached out to the Lions directly about getting tickets for me and my brother. We've followed it together since we were young. We're both more upset over losing old copies of Joel Buschbaums "draft bible" with our hand written notes in it than I was about losing old family photos and yearbooks and stuff in a basement flood. My bro has a risky surgery on Monday after and terminal cancer. I didn't play the pith card and didn't ask for anything, maybe I should have? They came back with a very cool sounding package. Meet and greets with hall of famers. Behind the scenes access and red carpet access and all sorts of cool stuff. But it was like $2500/person for day 1 and I think around $5000/person for all 3 days.

I also signed up at NFL.com and got a "free ticket" but it seems to be general admission, just access to some events they have around town, and then like standing general admission to bleachers or something during the actual draft.

I was looking for something in between that I guess. Can't afford to drop $5k for a 4 hour night or 10k for a weekend. But wanted more of a homebase or something more than just general admission. That second option could end up being very cool, but the uncertainty... the plan is to watch at least day 1 from home. May end up going over there for day 2 and/or 3 but I kinda doubt it.

Other part of it is I travel for work, working in Flint right now, doing 7 twelve hour days on and then 7 off. And Thursday is my first day off. So I would drive home from Flint area back to GR area get my bro and then back to Detroit. I'm already usually a zombie on my first day off, 5-6 hours in the car would just exacerbate that.
Good luck finding a special experience with your brother. Hope it works out for you guys.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya’ll been watching the Ballers, heheh

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching but where is ?????

So much unknown right now, i cant wait for the Chaos Storm that is 2024 to say im out