• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 Draft Thread

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more grades:

From Yahoo Sports:
Good developmental option for the Bears. They have a lot of depth right now between Braxton Jones, Darnell Wright and the newly drafted Amegadjie. Grade: B+

From CBS Sports:
Grade: A-
Legitimately got Trey Smith vibes watching him on film in Ivy League. Ridiculously long, thick masher with OT frame who probably plays guard at next level. Strong, methodical movements. Didn't see many counter moves in college and is a good, not remarkable athlete. Prudent pick for Chicago.

Guess I need to brush up on my grading system. :tongue:
thought enough of him to move on Borom.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the devious mastermind behind the Odunze selection is revealed:

Ok, let's not kid ourselves. It's already a foregone conclusion that Odunze was way up there on Poles' BPA board. But it surely didn't hurt having former Pro Bowler TJ Houshmanzadeh around to act as liaizon and to arrange things as he did. Well played, TJ!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of way, way, WAY too early, here's article on the anticipated top 25 players in the 2025 draft:

So what I've been reading for the last few weeks or so appears to be true. Next year's draft is indeed loaded with Edge talent and could very well be the reason the position wasn't given a high priority by the Bears brass in this draft. It's actually the exact opposite of this year's batch, as the defense holds 15 of the top 25 spots, with 8 of them DE/Edge. The Bears at the moment have a 1st round and two 2nd round picks next year. Easy bet that one of these will be dedicated to a pass rusher.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the devious mastermind behind the Odunze selection is revealed:

Ok, let's not kid ourselves. It's already a foregone conclusion that Odunze was way up there on Poles' BPA board. But it surely didn't hurt having former Pro Bowler TJ Houshmanzadeh around to act as liaizon and to arrange things as he did. Well played, TJ!
This article says nothing about Housh masterminding to make this happen. Good grief your reading comprehension skills suck.

Furthermore how do you know Rome was “way up there” on Poles list? Poles likely had Rome at #3 wr with mhj and Nabers at 1 and 2 like EVERYBODY ELSE DID.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article says nothing about Housh masterminding to make this happen. Good grief your reading comprehension skills suck.

Furthermore how do you know Rome was “way up there” on Poles list? Poles likely had Rome at #3 wr with mhj and Nabers at 1 and 2 like EVERYBODY ELSE DID.
The only team we know for a fact had MHJ above Rome was Arizona. The only team we know for a fact had Nabers over Rome was the Giants.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team we know for a fact had MHJ above Rome was Arizona. The only team we know for a fact had Nabers over Rome was the Giants.
That’s two more facts than going the other way isn’t it. If we are talking strictly facts.

You can pretend to think there were teams out there who had Rome above Nabers so maybe you can feel better but I live in reality. You’re probably also in the camp who thinks using a 4th to take a punter was a good idea because “punters are important”. But again I live in reality.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s two more facts than going the other way isn’t it. If we are talking strictly facts.

You can pretend to think there were teams out there who had Rome above Nabers so maybe you can feel better but I live in reality. You’re probably also in the camp who thinks using a 4th to take a punter was a good idea because “punters are important”. But again I live in reality.
Oh, I guess it’s nice you live in reality, and not some made up fantasy world where you’re intelligent.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can probably assume all 32 teams had MHJ over everyone that wasn't one of the top 3 QBs. Maybe the Chargers had Alt above Nabers and Rome. Or Alt was player of need instead of BPA.

But I would bet that some teams had Odunze above Nabers and some had Nabers above Odunze. There isn't a whole lot separating them as prospects outside of top line speed and physical size. My guess would be more teams had Nabers higher just because of the speed aspect of his game but Odunze's size and route running give him some nudges.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can probably assume all 32 teams had MHJ over everyone that wasn't one of the top 3 QBs. Maybe the Chargers had Alt above Nabers and Rome. Or Alt was player of need instead of BPA.
You don’t think Nabers or Rome was a player of need for the Chargers after losing both their starting WRs? Can you imagine the uproar on this board if we did the same thing under the same circumstances? It would be a circus in here with a lone person giving a standing ovation…me.

Harbaugh builds the right way. Inside out. Not a single person in here understands this minus the Genius.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I would bet that some teams had Odunze above Nabers and some had Nabers above Odunze. There isn't a whole lot separating them as prospects outside of top line speed and physical size. My guess would be more teams had Nabers higher just because of the speed aspect of his game but Odunze's size and route running give him some nudges.
Probably when it was all said and done and everyone's vote was taken into account, the ranking ended up MHJ, Nabers, and Odunze. Which is exactly how the draft followed. I remain completely jazzed that we ended up with Rome.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I guess it’s nice you live in reality, and not some made up fantasy world where you’re intelligent.
Better than living in a world where you choose to be ignorant because we landed Rome. Had we of landed Nabers you would conveniently slide the other way.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than living in a world where you choose to be ignorant because we landed Rome. Had we of landed Nabers you would conveniently slide the other way.
I would have been happy with any of the three. They’re all in the same stratosphere as prospects. There’s a pretty big drop off to the next tier, and those WRs are still very good prospects.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t think Nabers or Rome was a player of need for the Chargers after losing both their starting WRs? Can you imagine the uproar on this board if we did the same thing under the same circumstances?

I think LT was legitimately just as big of a need. And Alt is a monster.

Not all GMs and coaches are the same. Some are gonna take the WR in that spot, others are gonna go LT. The Bengals showed you can take a stud WR in that spot and have success if you the answer at QB.

Harbaugh builds the right way. Inside out. Not a single person in here understands this minus the Genius

Yet you had to be taught was a checkdown was. You’re an idiot savant missing the savant.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s silly to me when fans talk about building the “right” way.

There’s no one way to build a team. Teams with sketchy offensive lines have won the SB. Teams with bad defenses have. Teams with great defenses and less than stellar offenses have won. Teams with no name wide receivers can win.

Without a doubt there’s certain things that make it easier to win in today’s game. The QB is more important than it’s ever been. But it doesn’t automatically take a first round stud.

And then there’s coaching. But average coaches catch lightning in a bottle too and win.

Despite what one sad, desperate, wannabe internet genius repetitively says over and over again….no one actually has this completely figured out. It takes talent, patience, scheme, and luck to win. What the exact recipe of those is is completely unknown because it’s different for every team.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s silly to me when fans talk about building the “right” way.

There’s no one way to build a team.
You're dead wrong, BWW. There's one and only one way to build the "right" way. It's called winning by losing. Very simple. When you lose, you win. Everyone know that.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're dead wrong, BWW. There's one and only one way to build the "right" way. It's called winning by losing. Very simple. When you lose, you win. Everyone know that.
lol what a dumbass

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LT was legitimately just as big of a need. And Alt is a monster.
Chargers biggest need on the line were center and the right side of the line. And they have no starting WRs from last year. WTF are you talking about again?
Not all GMs and coaches are the same. Some are gonna take the WR in that spot, others are gonna go LT. The Bengals showed you can take a stud WR in that spot and have success if you the answer at QB.
And the ones taking a WR there are the idiot GMs. And the Bengals also showed you last year what happens to your stud QB when you don't have an offensive line.
Yet you had to be taught was a checkdown was. You’re an idiot savant missing the savant.
Yet you had to be taught by the genius, a 2nd round pick for Claypool was dumb. And still it took you 2 years to figure it out. That's like scoring a 400 on the SATs even though i gave you the answers.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers biggest need on the line were center and the right side of the line. And they have no starting WRs from last year. WTF are you talking about again?

And the ones taking a WR there are the idiot GMs. And the Bengals also showed you last year what happens to your stud QB when you don't have an offensive line.

Yet you had to be taught by the genius, a 2nd round pick for Claypool was dumb. And still it took you 2 years to figure it out. That's like scoring a 400 on the SATs even though i gave you the answers.

Darnell Wright
Montez Sweat
DJ Moore
Keenan Allen
TJ Edwards
Caleb Williams
Rome Odunze
Jaylon Johnson
Tremaine Edmunds
Gervon Dexter
Andrew Billings
Nate Davis
Tyrique Stevenson
D’andre Swift
Cole Kmet
Gerald Everett
Mega Punt
Cairo Santos

But yeah, Chase Claypool…You’re such a tard dude.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I meant RT as that's where Alt is slated to play.

The Chargers currently have Quentin Johnson (1st round pick) and Joshua Palmer (3rd round pick) on top of their depth chart at receiver. Maybe....just maybe....the GM and HC are okay with these guys starting?
And the ones taking a WR there are the idiot GMs.

Yes, we know. You're a genius. The rest of the 7,999,999,999 people living on the planet are idiots.

Redundancy is about the one thing you're good at.
And the Bengals also showed you last year what happens to your stud QB when you don't have an offensive line.

Burrow's injury trouble last year began in training camp.

Maybe one of his offensive linemen beat him up?

He injured his wrist landing on it. You can draft a million offensive linemen...you aren't stopping freak injuries from occuring.

By most metrics the Bengals were an average to slightly above average OL in 2023. And all they've done in the offseason is add Trent Brown and draft Amarius Mims. Idiots. Just idiots.

Hey there's your one claim to fame. The one thing you've gotten right. Congrats sport!

Nevermind you don't know what a checkdown is....what a middle linebacker is....who Doug Williams was....you rode the Mitch train.....and you duck your way out of discussing football at any given chance.

I think between calling for tanking and being right about Claypool.....you can probably get by for at least 3 more years.

I would sooner copy test answers from the idiot guy or the guy that ranted about cheap gasoline and Khalil Mack before you. Let that soak in. The racist guy with the cartman avi is smarter than you. Because at least his posts are somewhat unpredictable. You use the same 20 words and just put them in a different order.