• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue > Kellen
sorry. I was talking for Head Coach!

Teams could accidentally win more games with no guidance (Varsity Blues style) from a HC, than with Hue!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about anyone besides bieniemy? I already said I'd have Jim Caldwell as my first choice. A QB whisperer with experience.
Caldwell is a dinosaur haha.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have been one year younger last season, but they picked a young idiot instead.
Live in the now. Caldwell hasn’t really coached in years. He’s been consulting.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose ever decision it was to bring in Patricia should be executed. Not fired. Executed. That person is too stupid to live.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very down on this team right now.

The owner has shown he is incapable of admitting his mistakes, firing this figurehead of a head coach, and stopping the Jerry Jones type meddling that led to him being a figurehead in the first place.

Instead, he is apparently keeping him but hiring handpicked assistants for him and stripping him of any actual role in the offense or the defense.

When reporters asked the coach what he did, it was like something out of "Office Space," the clip is absolutely painful as you watch him try to describe what his role will be. He's basically a highly paid male cheerleader.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time to bump this post up yet? I mean do teams often interview new DC's before they hire their head coach (or keep their head coach in this instance)?

I was wrong, Sirianni is not being fired.

They're clearly keeping him, and clearly going to be completely dysfunctional. It's sad. I'm a lifelong fan so I'll watch no matter what, but I have zero enthusiasm for the team at this point and will try to distance myself from this slow-motion car crash that is the coming Eagles season.

It's like watching the last season of the Sixers when Doc Rivers was coach at this point.

Last edited:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we know who the Eagles interim head coach will be at some point next season.

Ron's teams usually have a good defense so I think signing him would be solid not to mention his experience allows him to act as the head coach of the defense.
Your overall premise is right but I think you have the wrong guy. I think it will be Vic Fangio, now that he is on the market. He was a consultant for the Eagles last season when they made the SB. He's from Pennsylvania and has ties to the organization. Lurie loves the Fangio defense for some reason and keeps hiring Fangio disciples.

Fangio will then take over as interim head coach next season, probably around the midway point, when the team gets off to a slow start and it becomes impossible to ignore the fact that Sirianni is a fraud. Then we'll start all over again the year after, after wasting another season with this core group of players.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're clearly keeping him, and clearly going to be completely dysfunctional. It's sad. I'm a lifelong fan so I'll watch no matter what, but I have zero enthusiasm for the team at this point and will try to distance myself from this slow-motion car crash that is the coming Eagles season.

It's like watching the last season of the Sixers when Doc Rivers was coach at this point.
You’re a prisoner of the moment right now. This reflects on Siriani the coach and the professional. He’s clearly been neutered. At the same time, this model has worked for other teams, namely Pittsburgh and Baltimore whose coaches aren’t super involved in either side of the ball.

The problem is when coordinators get hired away from this process. Fangio isn’t getting another head job. Let’s see who the OC is. All I care about as an Eagles fan is the finished product.

At the same time, Nick really does look like a bitch. The optics of the presser yesterday were awful for him. He looks like a cuck.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm a prisoner of the moment but you agree Sirianni is now officially a neutered cuck bitch who holds pom-poms for a living and does nothing?

This is a shit show.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live in the now. Caldwell hasn’t really coached in years. He’s been consulting.
He wanted to head coach last year. Another year removed and maybe he'll accept an OC job. Only get one more chance or Hurts is fucked up forever. Can't pick some bitch noob.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm a prisoner of the moment but you agree Sirianni is now officially a neutered cuck bitch who holds pom-poms for a living and does nothing?

This is a shit show.
No, you are a clown that has no idea what coaches do.

Same shit you talked on doug Pederson.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are a clown that has no idea what coaches do.

Same shit you talked on doug Pederson.
If only we could hire an imaginative offensive genius like Jim Caldwell!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff/Howie like hiring unknown, malleable coaches.
At the time, Reid was an unknown.
Chip Kelly.
Doug.
Nick.

Stechien showed that Nick should not be involved in offensive play calling.
Was Brian Johnson trying to do what Stechien did, or was he running a Nick Sirianni offense?
That's the question I'd like answered.

Sirianni's greatest strengths are protecting the GM/owner and making aggressive calls on 4th downs.
If they can bring in an OC that plays to Jalen's strengths and builds a modern offensive scheme that returns to their 2022 stats, we'll be fine.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't be too down about it all. I mean, you still have a GREAT team and have had a GREAT run these past two seasons. It wouldn't take much of a tweek for them to make another SB run. It's tough for teams to make it to back to back SB's anyway.

Buttoning up some things, and having a coach on the hot seat can change attitudes in the organization. I imagine they will be considered a top 5 NFL team come the start of next season.