• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the "GOAT" Belichick be on the hot seat?

Should Belichick be on the hot seat?

• No. he is the GOAT

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is BB really the GOAT? He doesn't think so. And PatsNations this isn't my opinion. Just mentioning what BB said.

"He's the greatest coach in the history of professional football, clear and simple. Everything I do today, Paul Brown did. It all started with Paul Brown. He took football from being a sport to a profession."

article- Patriots news: Bill Belichick claims Paul Brown is greatest coach in pro football history (11/23/19)

He isn't the GOAT coach, but he certainly is the GOAT DC. You lnew when you played Belichick is was going to be s fight for every blsde of grass. Even though his coaching tree beared little fruit, he still helped others become better at whst they do. I said it than and I'll say it again, he will and has helped McVay a better coach with him besting him in the Super Bowl.

But all the schemes you can make work most time but you still need talent to make it work. And that is where GM Bill failed coach Bill. For as good he was at exploiting matchups he was as bad as drafting players. He made a lot of trades in the draft because he knew he needed more players to have chsnces to hit on.

I wonder if he trusted his scouts enough for them to do their jobs but probably not he felt he needed to micromanagement everything. Brady being the GOAT and him being the best defensive coordinator of all time. Was the perfect storm that turned into a dynasty winning can cover up flaws.

When the GOAT qb leaves, your flaws began to expose themselves. But accepting your own weaknesses can be tough to accept. If GM Bill quit being GM years ago, he could of concentrated on trying to be a good coach and would of found more success.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hopeful. Rams have already won just getting this far, don't see them making a deep run. Who knows, they've surprised me thus far this season. Bills should do better, but I've seen them shoot themselves in the foot enough times this season to be wary lol.
Allen with the often used line " 100 million dollare arm but 10 cent brain. He leads the NFL in int and turnovers last few years and needs to stop thinking he needs to do everything

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't the GOAT coach, but he certainly is the GOAT DC. You lnew when you played Belichick is was going to be s fight for every blsde of grass. Even though his coaching tree beared little fruit, he still helped others become better at whst they do. I said it than and I'll say it again, he will and has helped McVay a better coach with him besting him in the Super Bowl.

But all the schemes you can make work most time but you still need talent to make it work. And that is where GM Bill failed coach Bill. For as good he was at exploiting matchups he was as bad as drafting players. He made a lot of trades in the draft because he knew he needed more players to have chsnces to hit on.

I wonder if he trusted his scouts enough for them to do their jobs but probably not he felt he needed to micromanagement everything. Brady being the GOAT and him being the best defensive coordinator of all time. Was the perfect storm that turned into a dynasty winning can cover up flaws.

When the GOAT qb leaves, your flaws began to expose themselves. But accepting your own weaknesses can be tough to accept. If GM Bill quit being GM years ago, he could of concentrated on trying to be a good coach and would of found more success.
I have said that at nauseam, that BB is prob the greatest defensive mind along with the Philips and Ryans imo. Dictatorship doesn\t work in the nFL with grown men who are millionaires or really at any workforce. You show up late to a meeting because of a snowstorm and you get benched for the game, he did that with Moss as 1 example, or didn't play Butler in SB vs Philly because he argued with your son. Enough of the nepotism and friends BS, this is a business

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen with the often used line " 100 million dollare arm but 10 cent brain. He leads the NFL in int and turnovers last few years and needs to stop thinking he needs to do everything

That's a bit harsh, but he does need to reel in some of those YOLO plays. They've also been best this year when spreading the ball around instead of forcing it to Diggs (another reason for some of those INTs).

He did lead the league in TDs this year by 6 with 44. He matched Hurts for 15 rushing TDs, largely without the tush push.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hopeful. Rams have already won just getting this far, don't see them making a deep run. Who knows, they've surprised me thus far this season. Bills should do better, but I've seen them shoot themselves in the foot enough times this season to be wary lol.
Of course you don’t expect them to make a deep run, most Rams fans on this board didn’t expect them to even make the playoffs. You guys have underrating McVay and Snead for years now. Because he doesn’t run the ball enough to your liking. You act like the league is still the same league since the 80s. Rams have led the NFL in rushing since week 10, but of course that is not good enough.

McVay isn't perfect but he is arguably the best coach in the NFC and has only evolved as a coach. Nobody has had loss as many assistant coaches as McVay has during his time. Yet he moves on and strives on and keeps getting better. Making the Rams a serious threat every year.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit harsh, but he does need to reel in some of those YOLO plays. They've also been best this year when spreading the ball around instead of forcing it to Diggs (another reason for some of those INTs).
Think so? I have seen him force it on first and goal many times and throw a pick. Smart QB would throw it away , still have 2 more downs, worst case scenario a FG

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you don’t expect them to make a deep run, most Rams fans on this board didn’t expect them to even make the playoffs. You guys have underrating McVay and Snead for years now. Because he doesn’t run the ball enough to your liking. You act like the league is still the same league since the 80s. Rams have led the NFL in rushing since week 10, but of course that is not good enough.

McVay isn't perfect but he is arguably the best coach in the NFC and has only evolved as a coach. Nobody has had loss as many assistant coaches as McVay has during his time. Yet he moves on and strives on and keeps getting better. Making the Rams a serious threat every year.

Don't include me in the Snead/McVay haters lol. I try to push back against those guys on the Rams board when I can and had a more positive outlook on this season before it began than most of them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think so? I have seen him force it on first and goal many times and throw a pick. Smart QB would throw it away , still have 2 more downs, worst case scenario a FG

Josh had 18 passing TDs and zero INTs or FUM in the red zone this year (plus 15 rushing TDs).

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when your team is struggling and you come on saying " well I am a reigning 2 time MVP" Basically I am not the problem but the coach, GM and players. And then the drama like a Lebron every year was nauseating. But Lebron has produced

Thought Rodgers was the GM... got enough ex-Packers on the Jets roster this year (Cobb, Lazard, Amos, Boyle, Turner)

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure when he gets in the HOF his speech will only be two words- thank you.

I disagree. Bill can actually be pretty darned wordy when the opportunity presents itself. Just because he's a curmudgeon during the season when it involves his team doesn't mean that's who he actually is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Bill can actually be pretty darned wordy when the opportunity presents itself. Just because he's a curmudgeon during the season when it involves his team doesn't mean that's who he actually is.

I hope he does have a lot say when he gets into the HOF.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Rodgers was the GM... got enough ex-Packers on the Jets roster this year (Cobb, Lazard, Amos, Boyle, Turner)
Hope he made them all vaccinate, know he was a big stickler for that

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of y'all have lost your minds. Belichick is undoubtedly in the GOAT conversation!

Yes, he had a GOAT QB. It kind of works that way in sports: most great coaches also had great players.

But he showed incredible ingenuity over his career, not only in adapting his defenses, but his offenses, to the talent he had. The Pats of the early SBs were totally different than the Pats of later championships.

Belichick is apparently autistic or something and has a hard time with being a normal dude. But he's clearly one of the most knowledgeable football people of all time. His encyclopedic knowledge of the game is well documented, so it should be no surprise that he cites past greats like Paul Brown and gives them props. But Paul Brown coached in a completely different era with frankly far less talent and competition. BB did his thing in the modern era.

In short...I hope Jeff Lurie calls this man after he fires Nick Sirianni. He can break the all-time wins record in Philly.

b1_zps41b86f6e.gif