• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 mock draft thread

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Norman on the season...has been average, receiving a 78% from PFF, and is the 49th ranked corner. Josh Norman | Washington Redskins LCB | NFL and PFF stats | Pro Football Focus

Brashaud Breeland on the season...has been average receiving a 75.8 from PFF, and is ranked 56. Bashaud Breeland | Washington Redskins RCB | NFL and PFF stats | Pro Football Focus

DJ Swearinger on the season...has been average receiving a 78 from PFF, and is ranked 36. D.J. Swearinger | Washington Redskins FS | NFL and PFF stats | Pro Football Focus

Kendall Fuller on the other hand received an 88 and is ranked #9. Kendall Fuller | Washington Redskins RCB | NFL and PFF stats | Pro Football Focus

Do we trust PFF that much? Serious Question.

Norman simply has been avoided by teams this year. I think that says a fair amount. Though Ill admit he got toasted SUnday from what I can tell (couldnt watch).

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every one of those guys were "name " type signings at the time who were expected to contribute heavily to the team .

i am sorry if the list of redskins free agents since 2013 doesnt add up to your liking but that is our most recent history with our current VP Allen and it backs up the statement i said . whether other teams did it better is of no consequence . what out team did , and its hit rate is all that matters

add to it those were the guys available for the price we could afford which you have to take into account so i am not buying shot in the dark . that was what was on the market

reyes bust
bruton bust
garvin bust

davis hit
toler bust
norman overpaid /hit
foster hit
ihenacho bust
blackmon hit

way hit
JR bust
hopkins bust
lavou bust
biggers bust
merriweather bust
paea bust
RJF bust
knighton bust
jax hit
garcon hit
goldson bust
jeron johnson bust
stieger bust
hatcher bust

The bolded were all dumpster diving and at least a few more were pretty close. The hit rate on those guys SHOULD be low. Thats why their so cheap. Thats like expecting to have a high hit rate on 7th round draft picks.

Only including the skins FAs though is going to negatively bias the results. We're debating the merits of FA signings. If you look at a sample thats explicitly from a bad team its obviously going to skew things. We want to know what the hit rate is of FAs in general. Not the hit rate of Skins FAs from the past 5 years which has no (or little) predictive value.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch "Wyoming QB Josh Allen 2016 Highlights ᴴᴰ" on YouTube

Cooley is high on this guy. Says he will shoot up the draft board the closer we get to the draft. It just feels like these are Kirk's last three games in a Skins uniform. I want Kirk as bad as the next fan. If he really doesn't want to be here we have to accept that sooner or later. Maybe you take a flier on Allen and use the 34 million to fix the D.

I dont get the hype on this guy. Hes got good size, a strong arm, and is fairly mobile I guess but hes literally worse than Jackson and Rosen in every single facet. What gives?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we trust PFF that much? Serious Question.

Norman simply has been avoided by teams this year. I think that says a fair amount. Though Ill admit he got toasted SUnday from what I can tell (couldnt watch).

At least they have a metric. It is as close to accurate as I have seen. I don’t see Norman being avoided either. I consistently see him a split second late to the ball...btw, I actually like Norman and believe some of his woes are related to defensive pressure or lack thereof.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reyes bust
bruton bust
garvin bust

davis hit
toler bust
norman overpaid /hit
foster hit
ihenacho bust
blackmon hit

way hit
JR bust
hopkins bust
lavou bust
biggers bust
merriweather bust
paea bust
RJF bust
knighton bust
jax hit
garcon hit
goldson bust
jeron johnson bust
stieger bust
hatcher bust

The bolded were all dumpster diving and at least a few more were pretty close. The hit rate on those guys SHOULD be low. Thats why their so cheap. Thats like expecting to have a high hit rate on 7th round draft picks.

Only including the skins FAs though is going to negatively bias the results. We're debating the merits of FA signings. If you look at a sample thats explicitly from a bad team its obviously going to skew things. We want to know what the hit rate is of FAs in general. Not the hit rate of Skins FAs from the past 5 years which has no (or little) predictive value.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reyes bust
bruton bust
garvin bust

davis hit
toler bust
norman overpaid /hit
foster hit
ihenacho bust
blackmon hit

way hit
JR bust
hopkins bust
lavou bust
biggers bust
merriweather bust
paea bust
RJF bust
knighton bust
jax hit
garcon hit
goldson bust
jeron johnson bust
stieger bust
hatcher bust

all were supposed to be contributors and they were not end of story

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the hype on this guy. Hes got good size, a strong arm, and is fairly mobile I guess but hes literally worse than Jackson and Rosen in every single facet. What gives?

I hate to reference Cooley all the time, but he watches a ton of film and is usually right. He said Jackson will need two years holding a clipboard before he'd be ready to play. Take that for what it's worth.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all were supposed to be contributors and they were not end of story

They were shots in the dark. We all knew it when they signed.

My point still stands. Basing FA success rate on that sample is completely useless.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to reference Cooley all the time, but he watches a ton of film and is usually right. He said Jackson will need two years holding a clipboard before he'd be ready to play. Take that for what it's worth.

I can respect that, but then again its easy to find 5 more film guys who think Jackson might be the best QB in the class.

I dont see any reason to think Jackson needs to hold a clipboard for 2 years other than an assumption based on him being mobile.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were shots in the dark. We all knew it when they signed.

My point still stands. Basing FA success rate on that sample is completely useless.

Our fee agent success rate ranks right up there with a Chinese Fire Drill performed by three blind men and a dead mule. And please dont tell me you think Bruce Allen is in any way shape or form capable of fixing what ails this team on the field.. especially through free agency??

All Bruce and Free Agency equals is winning off the field.. he excels at that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can respect that, but then again its easy to find 5 more film guys who think Jackson might be the best QB in the class.

I dont see any reason to think Jackson needs to hold a clipboard for 2 years other than an assumption based on him being mobile.

Dude I know you are a huge fan of Jackson, and some where deep down you might even be hoping he ends up as the Redskins QB.

But every time some one mentions that possibility, I get this image

giphy.gif

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our fee agent success rate ranks right up there with a Chinese Fire Drill performed by three blind men and a dead mule. And please dont tell me you think Bruce Allen is in any way shape or form capable of fixing what ails this team on the field.. especially through free agency??

All Bruce and Free Agency equals is winning off the field.. he excels at that.

Bruce is the worst.

That being said. OUR FA success rate is less predictive than the league wide rate.

All we can really say is FA works sometimes and doesnt work sometimes.

Plenty of teams have won SBs or built good teams thanks in large part to FA.

Ignoring FA is foolish.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I know you are a huge fan of Jackson, and some where deep down you might even be hoping he ends up as the Redskins QB.

But every time some one mentions that possibility, I get this image

giphy.gif

I mean based on our history yea that would blow up in our faces lol.

But I think hes talented as hell. You put him behind a good OL with solid weapons and a good offensive coach like Gruden and he could thrive. Of course he could bust too, but that also goes for Rosen and Allen and Darnold and Mayfield and so on.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce is the worst.

That being said. OUR FA success rate is less predictive than the league wide rate.

All we can really say is FA works sometimes and doesnt work sometimes.

Plenty of teams have won SBs or built good teams thanks in large part to FA.

Ignoring FA is foolish.

I agree, Ignoring FA is a bit foolish. But we have a long standing history of HORRIBLE FA moves. And the guy currently in charge bases FA moves off of what looks best off the field, not what works ON the field. So in that case, we are better off building through the draft because if a draft pick fails, it doesnt stand a chance of hamstringing you cap wise as well.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean based on our history yea that would blow up in our faces lol.

But I think hes talented as hell. You put him behind a good OL with solid weapons and a good offensive coach like Gruden and he could thrive. Of course he could bust too, but that also goes for Rosen and Allen and Darnold and Mayfield and so on.

Jackson doesnt fit what Gruden wants in a QB. Drafting him, Darnold or Rosen is basically putting Gruden on death watch.. assuming he isnt fired at the end of this season.

The worst thing for this team right now is another QB that Dan and Bruce will give a sense of entitlement Now I fully expect them to ditch Kirk and fuck this up royally, the only question I have at this point is exactly HOW they are going to do it.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Ignoring FA is a bit foolish. But we have a long standing history of HORRIBLE FA moves. And the guy currently in charge bases FA moves off of what looks best off the field, not what works ON the field. So in that case, we are better off building through the draft because if a draft pick fails, it doesnt stand a chance of hamstringing you cap wise as well.

By that logic what's the point of any of this? Allens running things so let's all shut up and forget about redskins football (not my worst idea).

Point is I'm still gonna argue for and root for what' best for this team regardless of who's calling the shots.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson doesnt fit what Gruden wants in a QB. Drafting him, Darnold or Rosen is basically putting Gruden on death watch.. assuming he isnt fired at the end of this season.

The worst thing for this team right now is another QB that Dan and Bruce will give a sense of entitlement Now I fully expect them to ditch Kirk and fuck this up royally, the only question I have at this point is exactly HOW they are going to do it.

Jackson has talent. That should be what gruden wants in a QB.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has talent. That should be what gruden wants in a QB.

Jackson has athletic talent. If he can and more importantly, if he WILL adjust to an offense based on timing and reading defenses remains to be seen. If push comes to it, I think gruden would prefer Mayfield or Darnold... Dan and Bruce probably want a walking sports center clip like Jackson though.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has athletic talent. If he can and more importantly, if he WILL adjust to an offense based on timing and reading defenses remains to be seen. If push comes to it, I think gruden would prefer Mayfield or Darnold... Dan and Bruce probably want a walking sports center clip like Jackson though.

You keep making these claims. What exactly is the basis for your opinion? RG3 was drafted over 5 years ago & in hindsight it was pretty much of a disaster. Why in the hell would Snyder want to repeat that? I still can't comprehend the premise that it would be for PR moves since I already mentioned that things like merchandise sales & live attendance are not that big of a factor in this era.

You could be somewhat correct, but I believe that this is conjecture & your premise may be off base. The reality at this time is that 1. we still don't know if perhaps the FO wants to retain Cousins regardless & 2. their QB plans if they decide to move on from Cousins. To simply state that their goal is to get Jackson & nobody else is something that I find to be a little hard to believe given all that has occurred in the past. The other part is that I don't believe that anyone - you, me or anybody else - truly knows what goes on in the brain of one Daniel Snyder.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 years of Dan always buying the shiny penny is the basis and reason to believe he will continue to do the same.