• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 mock draft thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not convinced Kirk isnt coming back yet. I still think he'd be happy to stay, it just makes sense for all parties, and we have the money. Not to say Im confident hes back but I still think its 50/50 at least. Maybe im naive lol.

I dont know if Baker would be settling. Pretty big name and may end up a 1st rounder even without us getting involved.

But tell me what you think of this...

We trade up for Saquon. Maybe 2018 1st, 2019 1st, 2018 2nd? Not sure but Im sure it would cost a lot. Not really a smart move in terms of building the team BUT...

I recently have started convincing myself it might actually happen. We really need a RB IMO. There wont be a bigger star in the draft than Saquon Barkley and we all know Dan would love to add the biggest star in the draft. And as much as it DOESNT make sense to trade away that much to do it (when has that ever stopped Snyder) it DOES make a lot of sense to add Saquon to the team.

If you keep Kirk (I know you don't think that'll happen but still)...make the trade up and sign a big name FA WR (theres a handful)

Kirk
Saquon
Watkins
Doctson
Crowder
Reed
Davis

has the potential to be a scary good offense. Use the rest of the picks on the D and resign Breeland and Brown and youre looking at a pretty good team IMO.

And yea this is me thinking with my heart but I think its perfectly crazy enough for Snyder to actually do it and (while it does destroy draft capital) it could lead to one exciting and pretty good team.
absolutely trading up is a bad idea and for that price . love barkley and if he fell to us that would be great , but gutting 2 drafts and not having cap space spells trouble

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely trading up is a bad idea and for that price . love barkley and if he fell to us that would be great , but gutting 2 drafts and not having cap space spells trouble

But the logic these guys go with is, if we dont resign Kirk we will have cap space so we could afford to absorb a trade up and just fill out the roster with free agents.

That worked out so AWESOME the last time we tried it after all.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the logic these guys go with is, if we dont resign Kirk we will have cap space so we could afford to absorb a trade up and just fill out the roster with free agents.

That worked out so AWESOME the last time we tried it after all.

they sigh the giants last season too. . now look at them . good teams like the Pats dont go overboard in FA . the use the draft

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they sigh the giants last season too. . now look at them . good teams like the Pats dont go overboard in FA . the use the draft

The Giants fell apart because their OL is trash, Eli is falling apart, and their best player broke his ankle not because they spent money in FA.

The Pats have spent plenty in FA. As did the SB champ Broncos a couple years ago.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants fell apart because their OL is trash, Eli is falling apart, and their best player broke his ankle not because they spent money in FA.

The Pats have spent plenty in FA. As did the SB champ Broncos a couple years ago.

Neither team has ever reached for or forced a QB pick with the intent of making up for draft capitol lost to get the QB by filling in with free Agents.

And this is basically what people are saying we can do if we draft a QB in the first round and let Kirk walk. Save the cap space, draft one of these ten or so elite QBs, and fill out the D-line with FA because we used the prime draft pick to take a QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they didnt use it as a main builder as gutting our 2 drafts would force

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This whole line of logic only works if

1. We assume any QB we get will be better than the one we are letting walk

2. We are NOT going to trade up and have determined that any QB we end up with from this draft is better than the one we let go.

3. We are going to use the money saved on QB to SERIOUSLY upgrade the Offensive and Defensive line talent and depth.

4. We are going to also seriously address the RB and WR positions and give our Elite Rookie the Support system he will probably need.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team has ever reached for or forced a QB pick with the intent of making up for draft capitol lost to get the QB by filling in with free Agents.

And this is basically what people are saying we can do if we draft a QB in the first round and let Kirk walk. Save the cap space, draft one of these ten or so elite QBs, and fill out the D-line with FA because we used the prime draft pick to take a QB.

Who cares? FA is a good tool.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No we'd have a good mix.

Kerrigan, Breeland, Nicholson, fuller, allen, ionaidis, smith, Cousins, Crowder, Reed, trent, Scherff, moses, Doctson, Thompson, long

Norman, swearinger, brown, Davis and lauvao

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we'd have a good mix.

Kerrigan, Breeland, Nicholson, fuller, allen, ionaidis, smith, Cousins, Crowder, Reed, trent, Scherff, moses, Doctson, Thompson, long

Norman, swearinger, brown, Davis and lauvao

Pretty sure Norman, Swearinger, Davis and Lauvao have been toasted all season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? FA is a good tool.

Sure it can be a good tool. But its NOT how you want to build your team, and the fewer MAJOR holes you need to fill with outside free agents the better.

But again IM just trying to follow the line of logic some folks seem to be pimping here.

And that line seems to be.

1.Ditch Cousins and save the cap space.

2. Draft a QB in the first round because whom ever we end up drafting will turn out better than Cousins.

3. Use Free Agency to fill the holes on the D-line, O-line, WR, RB etc.

4. Because the draft is so deep at QB, we will coming out better at QB no matter who we settle for. And thus there is no chance we will do another trade up for a QB.

Now if Im wrong on any of these assumptions that are being pimped as logic.. please feel free to point me in the right direction.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Norman, Swearinger, Davis and Lauvao have been toasted all season.

What? Norman, Swearinger, and Davis have been great. Lauvao has struggled but he was a pretty low level FA.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3X in the snyder era we gutted drafts to trade up for a qb

ramsey , JC and RG3 and every time the franchise was set back , got old quickly , and were forced into another long rebuild

trading up for anyone is a dumb move when it requires gutting 2 drafts or more . if the player fails by injury or simply busts out the franchise is set back years

it might be viable if we were on the verge of a superbowl but we arent

its foolish to go that route again

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it can be a good tool. But its NOT how you want to build your team, and the fewer MAJOR holes you need to fill with outside free agents the better.

But again IM just trying to follow the line of logic some folks seem to be pimping here.

And that line seems to be.

1.Ditch Cousins and save the cap space.

2. Draft a QB in the first round because whom ever we end up drafting will turn out better than Cousins.

3. Use Free Agency to fill the holes on the D-line, O-line, WR, RB etc.

4. Because the draft is so deep at QB, we will coming out better at QB no matter who we settle for. And thus there is no chance we will do another trade up for a QB.

Now if Im wrong on any of these assumptions that are being pimped as logic.. please feel free to point me in the right direction.

No you dont want to take a 2-14 team and go hmmm lemme just fix this in FA. But we arent a 2-14 team. Really this is year 3 of being a competitive decent team. We already have talent here (largely brought in through the draft). If we supplement that with FA that can help a lot.

As for what other folks are saying.

1. Wouldnt do that (I assume)
2. I think this is more of a possibility than something people are excited for but I may have missed that.
3. Well this makes sense
4. This makes no sense lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the hit rate on FA 's is about 10-30% , which it is , then depending on FA to build your team isnt a good idea for us

plus the premise is to keep KC and trade up for barkley . KC will cost half your cap space and we need to resign TM BB foster, brown long . all are good players for us

so you would fill on issue RB , but LG NT DE , ILB safety , wr would need to be filled with a gutted draft filled with late round picks , or maybe one FA who can help us

with allen in charge i am not sure we can get the bang for the buck we need

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the hit rate on FA 's is about 10-30% , which it is , then depending on FA to build your team isnt a good idea for us

plus the premise is to keep KC and trade up for barkley . KC will cost half your cap space and we need to resign TM BB foster, brown long . all are good players for us

so you would fill on issue RB , but LG NT DE , ILB safety , wr would need to be filled with a gutted draft filled with late round picks , or maybe one FA who can help us

with allen in charge i am not sure we can get the bang for the buck we need

I'd be curious to see where the 10-30% comes from.

I don't think anybodys arguing your whole team through FA. But this team has a lot of pieces already and FA is a great way to help build a team.

Of course we need to resign people. I also only suggested signing 1 player (Watkins) for that reason. I want us to bring most guys back.

We'd be set at RB, WR, ILB, DE, and have the rest of our picks to use on LG and NT.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Norman, Swearinger, and Davis have been great. Lauvao has struggled but he was a pretty low level FA.

Josh Norman meet Adam Thielen.

DJ Swearinger misses tackle on 58 yard TD to Nelson Aguilar week 1.
DJ Swearinger gets roasted for 64 yard TD to Mack Hollins week 7.
DJ Swearinger makes zero effort in missed tackle on Alvin Kamara against Saints.

Those are just a few highlights of piss poor play.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be curious to see where the 10-30% comes from.

I don't think anybodys arguing your whole team through FA. But this team has a lot of pieces already and FA is a great way to help build a team.

Of course we need to resign people. I also only suggested signing 1 player (Watkins) for that reason. I want us to bring most guys back.

We'd be set at RB, WR, ILB, DE, and have the rest of our picks to use on LG and NT.

ok lets look at our last FA hall

pryor bust
quick bust
mcclain bust
mcgee not as advertised and over paid
DJ hit
brown hit

4 out of six didnt play up to expectations . less then 20% hit rate

since 2015
reyes bust
bruton bust
garvin bust
davis hit
toler bust
norman overpaid /hit
foster hit
ihenacho bust
blackmon hit
way hit
JR bust
hopkins bust
lavou bust
biggers bust
merriweather bust
paea bust
RJF bust
knighton bust
jax hit
garcon hit
goldson bust
jeron johnson bust
stieger bust
hatcher bust

so out of 29 free agents we hit on 8 one being a punter and one overpaid (norman ) or by my math less then 30 % actually 27% and some change .

i said between 10-30 % so there you have it

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok lets look at our last FA hall

pryor bust
quick bust
mcclain bust
mcgee not as advertised and over paid
DJ hit
brown hit

4 out of six didnt play up to expectations . less then 20% hit rate

since 2015
reyes bust
bruton bust
garvin bust
davis hit
toler bust
norman overpaid /hit
foster hit
ihenacho bust
blackmon hit
way hit
JR bust
hopkins bust
lavou bust
biggers bust
merriweather bust
paea bust
RJF bust
knighton bust
jax hit
garcon hit
goldson bust
jeron johnson bust
stieger bust
hatcher bust

so out of 29 free agents we hit on 8 one being a punter and one overpaid (norman ) or by my math less then 30 % actually 27% and some change .

i said between 10-30 % so there you have it

Can’t we put Junior down three times because he busted three times on FA contracts with us?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t we put Junior down three times because he busted three times on FA contracts with us?
technically i guess you could however i think ebb would think i am cheating