• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 mock draft thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is the 2nd mock draft thread . this is where all are mocks should go . dont worry if you start your own mock i will let your thread play out and then move it here after comments have been made to yours

up next is my mock . the very very very very early mock

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As promised here is my mock draft . it is in 2 versions, the with KC and the without KC . i know people move up and down the ratings . look at the positions and not so much at the player . and remember its way too early

W/O KC

1) QB Baker Mayfield . i feel like we will be at about 15 to 17 in the draft . i think darnold , Rosen and Jackson will be off the board and i dont mock trades in my drafts I wouldnt trade up anyway because we have done that 3X times before and it has failed . the 6-2 mayfield is the BQBA at this point even if it is a bit high to select him . i cant see Allen , Falk stidham and the others being ready as a year 1 starter

2) OG Will Hernandez 6-3 330lbs he is the highest rated OG in this draft as of this posting . i think he could be starting by mid season with gruden's penchant for vets

3) Arden Tate wr FSU 6-5 225 , nice big tall bookend to go with Dox

4) Kahlil Mckenzie Nt UT 6-3 325lbs we need a NT if Phil taylor cant come back as a stop gap . Put him in the rotation and reduce Hoods snaps . perhaps by year 2-3 he can be a regular in our rotation

5) Rashim Green DE 6-4 275 DE , in my quest to get ziggy hood off the roster here is a very good DE out of USC , he could fit well into our rotation by yr 2 -3

6) Dallas Goedert 6-4 260lb TE south dakota Small school TE who catches the ball well and at 260 lbs can block as well . take a look at this guy in the SR bowl

7) Cole Reyes 6-2 215 S N dakota, pretty good all around safety from a small school . has good range , ball skills and can tackle

W/KC

1) Vita Vea NT 6-5 332 . we need a space eater in the middle and a true NT . i think he will be the BPA for us at a position of need

2) no change from above

3) Zach Allen DE 6-5 285 lbs this is a good DE with size strength and some pass rush . as you can tell with KC means building the LOS

4) Bo Scarborough RB AL , 6-2 228 lbs . with KC i can address RB and pair this guy with Perine and CT and it could be a good stable of RBS

5)no change

6)no change

7) no change

there is my first stab at it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wht do you think about the selections gk ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Works for me. Obviously, I like the idea of working the trenches. I still need to do some research honestly but I like where your head is at.

And, I have a love/hate with Mayfield.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it.

Surprised to see you change the Tate pick with KC still here. I think WR may still be a need.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Works for me. Obviously, I like the idea of working the trenches. I still need to do some research honestly but I like where your head is at.

And, I have a love/hate with Mayfield.

Why does this not surprise me lol

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sam-darnold-070717-getty-ftrjpg_8xrd8tmgmxr01trwush7nce8y.jpg

This move, onto the draft party. #Winningoffthefield. :thumb:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ehb5 two things Im pretty sure of.

1. They wont resign Kirk long term.
2. If we draft a QB, Dan and Bruce are not going to settle for Baker Mayfield.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ehb5 two things Im pretty sure of.

1. They wont resign Kirk long term.
2. If we draft a QB, Dan and Bruce are not going to settle for Baker Mayfield.

Im not convinced Kirk isnt coming back yet. I still think he'd be happy to stay, it just makes sense for all parties, and we have the money. Not to say Im confident hes back but I still think its 50/50 at least. Maybe im naive lol.

I dont know if Baker would be settling. Pretty big name and may end up a 1st rounder even without us getting involved.

But tell me what you think of this...

We trade up for Saquon. Maybe 2018 1st, 2019 1st, 2018 2nd? Not sure but Im sure it would cost a lot. Not really a smart move in terms of building the team BUT...

I recently have started convincing myself it might actually happen. We really need a RB IMO. There wont be a bigger star in the draft than Saquon Barkley and we all know Dan would love to add the biggest star in the draft. And as much as it DOESNT make sense to trade away that much to do it (when has that ever stopped Snyder) it DOES make a lot of sense to add Saquon to the team.

If you keep Kirk (I know you don't think that'll happen but still)...make the trade up and sign a big name FA WR (theres a handful)

Kirk
Saquon
Watkins
Doctson
Crowder
Reed
Davis

has the potential to be a scary good offense. Use the rest of the picks on the D and resign Breeland and Brown and youre looking at a pretty good team IMO.

And yea this is me thinking with my heart but I think its perfectly crazy enough for Snyder to actually do it and (while it does destroy draft capital) it could lead to one exciting and pretty good team.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying I have no middle ground?

No I just knew you liked Mayfield but figured youd hate a lot of his character aspects lol. Not hating on you for it, just wasnt surprised.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not convinced Kirk isnt coming back yet. I still think he'd be happy to stay, it just makes sense for all parties, and we have the money. Not to say Im confident hes back but I still think its 50/50 at least. Maybe im naive lol.

I dont know if Baker would be settling. Pretty big name and may end up a 1st rounder even without us getting involved.

But tell me what you think of this...

We trade up for Saquon. Maybe 2018 1st, 2019 1st, 2018 2nd? Not sure but Im sure it would cost a lot. Not really a smart move in terms of building the team BUT...

I recently have started convincing myself it might actually happen. We really need a RB IMO. There wont be a bigger star in the draft than Saquon Barkley and we all know Dan would love to add the biggest star in the draft. And as much as it DOESNT make sense to trade away that much to do it (when has that ever stopped Snyder) it DOES make a lot of sense to add Saquon to the team.

If you keep Kirk (I know you don't think that'll happen but still)...make the trade up and sign a big name FA WR (theres a handful)

Kirk
Saquon
Watkins
Doctson
Crowder
Reed
Davis

has the potential to be a scary good offense. Use the rest of the picks on the D and resign Breeland and Brown and youre looking at a pretty good team IMO.

And yea this is me thinking with my heart but I think its perfectly crazy enough for Snyder to actually do it and (while it does destroy draft capital) it could lead to one exciting and pretty good team.

OK IM not a fan of trading up at all. But if this happened, I would have to atleast consider suggesting my son name his child (first name) Bruce Daniel (Last Name). Because it would be a metric fuckton smarter than what I expect them to do even with the trade up.

Having said that, the only thing sexier than Saquon in the eyes of Dan and Bruce, would be a move to grab the top rated QB in the draft. I simply dont think Bruce is going to make any real effort to resign Cousins, and I expect he is going to do and say what ever it takes to justify getting rid of him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I just knew you liked Mayfield but figured youd hate a lot of his character aspects lol. Not hating on you for it, just wasnt surprised.

I was totally kidding. No offense was taken. I am nothing if not predictable.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it.

Surprised to see you change the Tate pick with KC still here. I think WR may still be a need.

i could have kept him and probably should have , i just felt like with KC our d/line needed more help and without him i thought the new qb could use WR help

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could have kept him and probably should have , i just felt like with KC our d/line needed more help and without him i thought the new qb could use WR help

NO matter the QB, we need D-line and WR help. :suds: