• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 mock draft thread

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the exclusive or non exclusive tag is placed on him there will be no long term deal unless it looks like this...

34 mil fully guaranteed year one.
31 mil fully guaranteed year 2.
31 mil fully guaranteed year 3.
20 mil signing bonus.

30 mil years 4-6.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an NFL/ NFLPA agreement and this won't happen as you state ONLY if there is NO NEFT applied. If that tag is applied, there will definitely be suitors for Kirk Cousins services. Those suitors will be well aware of the price to get him.

Now if you're saying that he will either get a LTD or FT'ed again, then I agree.

i am point blank saying no one is giving up 2 firsts for KC plus pay him 34 mil a years to boot . they will negotiate a trade .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am point blank saying no one is giving up 2 firsts for KC plus pay him 34 mil a years to boot . they will negotiate a trade .

I'm not arguing that particular point, trades are always a possibility using the FT, however, using the non-exclusive tag eliminates ALL of the work and guesswork. Under that tag, there's nothing for Bruce to negotiate here or with any other team. On the one hand he/Dan either match the offer Kirk signs elsewhere or they are compensated to the tune of two 1sts. There is nothing else to consider or work out. If, Kirk and his agent refuse to negotiate or cannot reach agreement by July 15th, Kirk will play on a 34M contract here in 2018.

That said, you could be absolutely correct because it would be just like Bruce Allen to pass on the one guaranteed way to get that sort of compensation by not employing the non-exclusive tag. This to me is reason #1 thru a trillion for his dismissal if we forget all of the numerous other reasons that preceded it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand he/Dan either match the offer Kirk signs elsewhere or they are compensated to the tune of two 1sts.

You mean like the two first rounders we got for Champ Bailey right??

Two first rounders is where the negotiations might start, but in 90% of the cases where a franchise player leaves, the team he left usually gets less than those two first rounders.

Kirk aint signing long term in DC, and we aint getting two first rounders for him. If we get another year and a 3rd rounder out of him, Bruce will consider it a win

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that particular point, trades are always a possibility using the FT, however, using the non-exclusive tag eliminates ALL of the work and guesswork. Under that tag, there's nothing for Bruce to negotiate here or with any other team. On the one hand he/Dan either match the offer Kirk signs elsewhere or they are compensated to the tune of two 1sts. There is nothing else to consider or work out. If, Kirk and his agent refuse to negotiate or cannot reach agreement by July 15th, Kirk will play on a 34M contract here in 2018.

That said, you could be absolutely correct because it would be just like Bruce Allen to pass on the one guaranteed way to get that sort of compensation by not employing the non-exclusive tag. This to me is reason #1 thru a trillion for his dismissal if we forget all of the numerous other reasons that preceded it.
you understand the non exclusive tag doesnt work like that . the tag is the same as the exclusive tag except that teams can talk to KC , but the skins dont get to match anything . they can with a transition tag but not the non exclusive tag

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you understand the non exclusive tag doesnt work like that . the tag is the same as the exclusive tag except that teams can talk to KC , but the skins dont get to match anything . they can with a transition tag but not the non exclusive tag

Actually the Skins COULD match another teams offer to retain Cousins. What they cant do is force another team to make him an offer. And most teams that are considering making a franchise player an offer, have already negotiated draft pick compensation much like the Broncos had agreed to a price in trade BEFORE they made Champ Bailey a contract offer.

Bottom line, no team is going to negotiate a deal with Cousins if they think the Skins will match. And no team is going to make him a contract offer unless they already know the Skins are not going to try and match.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we'll see how this plays out then come back and compare notes. Hell, if I'm wrong...I'm wrong, shit happens!!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is all of you first pick with cousin and first rd pick without cousin
1.without cousins qb baker mayfield (stupid oklahoma)
2. with cousins De Austin Byrant (clemson)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is all of you first pick with cousin and first rd pick without cousin
1.without cousins qb baker mayfield (stupid oklahoma)
2. with cousins De Austin Byrant (clemson)

(Without Kirk) Depends on what the compensation for Cousins will be and from whom.

(With Kirk) To be honest, I don't usually dive head on into the draft until the end of the season, but preliminarily, I'm currently looking at these three guys:(not necessarily in this order)

1. Tavon Bryan DL Florida (6-5, 295)

2. Arden Key OLB LSU (6-6 265)

3. Bradley Chubb DE NCS (6-4 275)

I haven't had a chance to look at your guy (Bryant) and haven't really settled on anyone as my choice for this spot. Just doing research at this point.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Skins COULD match another teams offer to retain Cousins. What they cant do is force another team to make him an offer. And most teams that are considering making a franchise player an offer, have already negotiated draft pick compensation much like the Broncos had agreed to a price in trade BEFORE they made Champ Bailey a contract offer.

Bottom line, no team is going to negotiate a deal with Cousins if they think the Skins will match. And no team is going to make him a contract offer unless they already know the Skins are not going to try and match.

yeah by using the transition tag , the non exclusive tag is the same as the exclusive tag except the non exclusive allows teams to talk to KC

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah by using the transition tag , the non exclusive tag is the same as the exclusive tag except the non exclusive allows teams to talk to KC

Not just talk to Kirk, with the non-exclusive FT, but actually sign him to an offer sheet. Bruce/Dan either can match or let him go, with the aforementioned compensation, but we'll see!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The transition tag is the only tag we can actually match an offer .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The transition tag is the only tag we can actually match an offer .

— A nonexclusive franchise tag involves the same salary offer as an exclusive franchise tag, only the player can negotiate with other teams. The player’s current team can match any offer sheet. If the old team declines to match the offer, it gets two first-round picks from the other team as compensation. This is the more commonly used franchise tag.

It’s NFL franchise tag season. What exactly does that mean?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch "Wyoming QB Josh Allen 2016 Highlights ᴴᴰ" on YouTube

Cooley is high on this guy. Says he will shoot up the draft board the closer we get to the draft. It just feels like these are Kirk's last three games in a Skins uniform. I want Kirk as bad as the next fan. If he really doesn't want to be here we have to accept that sooner or later. Maybe you take a flier on Allen and use the 34 million to fix the D.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cooley is high on this guy. Says he will shoot up the draft board the closer we get to the draft. It just feels like these are Kirk's last three games in a Skins uniform. I want Kirk as bad as the next fan. If he really doesn't want to be here we have to accept that sooner or later. Maybe you take a flier on Allen and use the 34 million to fix the D.

That's who I want I think he will be better then Carson Wentz

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
— A nonexclusive franchise tag involves the same salary offer as an exclusive franchise tag, only the player can negotiate with other teams. The player’s current team can match any offer sheet. If the old team declines to match the offer, it gets two first-round picks from the other team as compensation. This is the more commonly used franchise tag.

It’s NFL franchise tag season. What exactly does that mean?
thanks for straightening me out :10:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might buy into that if we had not been fixing the defense for even longer than Snyder has been the owner.

We have signed a who's who list of big name defensive players who have been busts. Stubblefield, Gilbert, Archuleta, Deion, Jason Taylor, Fat Albert .... countless DBs ....... Dan has spent the money but he keep buying a Yugo.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might buy into that if we had not been fixing the defense for even longer than Snyder has been the owner.

We have signed a who's who list of big name defensive players who have been busts. Stubblefield, Gilbert, Archuleta, Deion, Jason Taylor, Fat Albert .... countless DBs ....... Dan has spent the money but he keep buying a Yugo.

But its a sexy Yugo.

The one thing Dan knows for sure is, as long as he brings in the sexy players, he will OWN a good portion of the fan base.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But its a sexy Yugo.

The one thing Dan knows for sure is, as long as he brings in the sexy players, he will OWN a good portion of the fan base.

When I think of Dan the Man I often think of Bill Bidwell the owner of the Cardinals for so many years. He was known for being a terrible owner. They used to make fun of him on TV because he was so bad and the Cardinals so hapless. Well it seems to me that Bill and Dan are running neck and neck.

The chances of ownership changing before my time up is very unlikely. That is pretty damned depressing. He will never own me.