• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The offseason

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't impressed with the draft but was happy with it. Solid draft by the looks of it. Like the Spriggs pick a lot

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't impressed with the draft but was happy with it. Solid draft by the looks of it. Like the Spriggs pick a lot
I am happy with it. However it was by no means a sexy draft but that should have been expected given the depth in the trenches and the lack of game changing playmakers. I like the Clark pick but I feel we gave up some value by not trading down. Fackrell was projected to be a first round pick last year before tearing his ACL and returning for another year. We got really good value in Murphy super late. Martinez is a true thumper which is what we need one of at ILB.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently some "experts" think Blake Martinez is the real deal. I hope so. Plus I can easily see him becoming a fan favorite if everything pans out.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez was considered the best coverage lb in the draft by a few so he could win the starting job next to Ryan quickly. The more I read about Fackrell the more excited I get. This draft could produce at least 4 starters by next season when you throw in Spriggs and Clark

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just heard that they cut Kuhn

sigh

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someones view on our new linebacker

Kyler Fackrell was a steal of a pick by the Packers

Kyler Fackrell was a steal of a pick by the Packers

From the Packer website

Belief in Kyler Fackrell was no joke 

So why was Moore so confident that Fackrell would make it to the NFL?

“I knew his heart … I knew his work ethic,” Moore said. “I knew he had room to get a lot bigger. Basically, his marks in the 40 (yard dash) and all that were exactly the same as high school except he’s 50 pounds heavier now. Our big deal was mass times acceleration equals force – he typified that.”

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract ended we just didnt resign him. With that said, we need to see what we have in Rip.
I can't wait to see the new and improved Lacy run behind a road grader like Rip. Kuhn was getting a little long in the tooth and got quite slow for his age. I'll miss him but it's time to move on

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers post record profits

GREEN BAY – The financial picture of the Green Bay Packers has never looked better.

The franchise posted record profits over the past fiscal year, according to the financial statement released by the team on Friday, providing a strong foundation for football operations, upcoming investment in the Titletown District development, and continued growth in the team’s other community and charitable endeavors.

Net income reached $48.9 million for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016, while profit from operations was at $75 million. Those are healthy increases of 68 percent and 91 percent, respectively, over the previous year, when net income (which includes investment performance, income taxes and interest expenses on debt) was at $29.2 million and operating profit was at $39.4 million.

Such significant jumps and record results were due mainly to impressive growth in local revenue and a drop in general expenses.

Local revenue grew by $18.1 million, or nearly 11 percent, to $186.2 million, which President/CEO Mark Murphy attributed primarily to the success of the Lambeau Field Atrium businesses and a strong year in sales and marketing sponsorships.

The new, expanded Packers Pro Shop – which opened in late July of 2014 – operated for a full year for the first time, while the new Packers Hall of Fame and 1919 Kitchen & Tap restaurant also opened to strong early results. In addition, stadium tour attendance grew by roughly one-third, from 130,000 patrons to a record 175,000.

“The renovations to the Atrium are having the impact we wanted,” Murphy said. He added that Pro Shop sales had been moving more and more online, approaching 50 percent of the total sales, but the new, expanded venue on the ground floor of the Atrium produced a higher percentage of in-store sales, growing the total business.

The club’s national revenue, which is money shared equally by all 32 NFL teams, also grew $13.5 million to $222.6 million, a rise of 6 percent. That’s a fairly standard bump due to built-in increases in the league’s broadcasting contracts.

Added together, the local and national numbers produced total revenue of $408.7 million, also a franchise record. The Packers have been ranked ninth in the NFL in total revenue for the past three years and will learn their current ranking sometime this fall.

On the expense side, while player costs grew at the normal rate – each team’s salary cap has been rising by around $10 million per season in recent years – the team’s general expenses dropped considerably.

That was mainly due to a pair of one-time expenses from the previous fiscal year, a league assessment related to debt refinancing and initial expenses required as preparation for the Titletown project, that were not on the books this past year.

Those two issues accounted for almost $20 million in expenditures the prior year, allowing overall expenses for the current year to drop $4.1 million, from $337.8 million to $333.7 million.

“We managed our expenses pretty well, and we didn’t have those one-time items,” said Paul Baniel, the team’s vice president of finance and administration.

The record profits likely aren’t sustainable, though. Murphy said while he expects revenue to continue to grow, profits will likely dip next year due to the cyclical nature of player signings, which the team is now prepared for financially.

“We have a number of core players with contracts ending,” Murphy said. “We could have a number of signings next year, and the biggest thing there (on the balance sheet) is the signing bonuses.”

The overall picture has the franchise well-positioned for the future, with the corporate reserve at $275 million. The team’s football operation has all the resources it needs while the franchise continues to re-invest in Lambeau Field and the community.

“Our top priority is to win championships, and we have the resources available for football if they see things that give us a competitive advantage,” Murphy said. “We want to stay state-of-the-art.”

On the community side, Murphy said the first phase of the Titletown development has required a $65 million investment, with two of the initial tenants in Lodge Kohler and Hinterland already breaking ground. The third, a Bellin Health sports medicine clinic, will break ground later this summer. Work on the public plaza within the development has not yet begun, so the Titletown investment will continue to grow as it moves into other phases, Murphy said.

The stadium is also undergoing a two-year suite renovation project that will cost $55 million, while the endowment for the Packers Foundation has grown to just shy of $25 million and the team’s overall charitable impact climbed above $6.5 million over the past year.

“We’re responsible for the future growth and stewardship of the franchise, which ties in with Titletown,” Murphy said. “We’re investing in the community. We see it as a long-term asset to the community and to the organization.”

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordy Nelson’s contract has never been a bigger bargain

In the pantheon of roster moves made by Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson, the selection of Aaron Rodgers in 2005 indisputably towers over everything else. The debate regarding Thompson’s second-best decision creates considerably more intrigue, as additions such as Charles Woodson in 2006 and Clay Matthews in 2009 would rank highly on any GM’s résumé. Now, the time has come to add “signed Jordy Nelson to two below-market extensions” to the conversation.

Twice since the start of 2011, Thompson struck cheap extensions with Nelson, the Packers’ No. 1 receiver. The first, a three-year, $13.1 million deal, paid Nelson well outside the top 15 receivers at the time. The second, a four-year, $39 million deal, barely scratched the top 10. In both cases, Nelson immediately responded with monster seasons, amassing 1,263 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns in 2011 and a 1,519-13 line in 2014. Needless to say, those deals appeared very team-friendly at the time.

They look like even better values now. On Tuesday, the Seattle Seahawks signed Doug Baldwin to a four-year, $46 million deal. Baldwin’s deal comes on the heels of the San Diego Chargers’ four-year, $45 million extension with Keenan Allen. In each instance, players not normally considered bona fide No. 1 receivers now average more per year than Nelson, a wideout who has registered 4,841 yards and 43 touchdowns since the start of 2011 despite missing an entire season.

As it stands, Nelson’s contract ranks 14th in average value (approximately $9.8 million per year). With new deals on the horizon for DeAndre Hopkins and Michael Floyd plus the rising salary cap likely to further inflate middle class salaries next offseason, the Packers’ lead receiver could realistically fall outside the top 20 by this time next year.

Even if Nelson doesn’t quite reclaim his pre-injury form, Green Bay still has quite a value on its hands. But if he can, the Packers have perhaps the best non-rookie contract for a wide receiver on their books.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR's should be
Jordy
Cobb
Jarred
Jeff
Ty

Feeling is management will keep Adams no matter how many drops he has.

RB's
Unfortunately we're stuck with fat ass and no matter how much he sucks we will hang onto him since he was a first rounder. Production doesn't matter, it's all about where you were drafted. Starks is old and washed up and Crockett is unproven. We need a legit RB for the first time since Ahman Green in 04.

QB: Rodgers at the end of his prime and we still have a couple years left to take advantage of. He might go even longer now that he's cut out diary. We still have no legit backup.

O-line: All I can think of is they're fat and injured. when healthy and if 3 of them shed 20 lbs they could be decent. New rookie in Spriggs will bring some much needed athleticism.

D-line: I think the combo of Daniels and Clark will be tough for anyone to handle and hopefully Jones can finally play up to his draft pick.

LB's: No names at MLB and none will ever be great players and the two outside LB's are suspects for PED's. I believe they're most likely on PED's but nothing will happen. This will be Peppers final year and Matthews will probably have his best year since 2011.

CB's : Shields must go. Only thing he's good for is the occasional int but gets beat frequently and can't tackle. Rollins and Randle are Legit and could both be all pro's one day.

Safety: Dix was the most improved player last season for the Pack while Brunett was the biggest liability on the defense. He wouldn't start on any other legitimate defense but for some reason we still start this guy.

K: Crosby made a drastic turnaround last season and hopefully keeps this up for this year.

P: Masthay (SP?) will be the starter and is a solid punter.

Return men: It might be a mixture of Jeff Janis and the rookie WR.