• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the "GOAT" Belichick be on the hot seat?

Should Belichick be on the hot seat?

• No. he is the GOAT

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not seeing him as being a great coach. I think he's had 1 winning season as a head coach without Tom Brady (although he may have more, I haven't looked it up). I think he is a great defensive coordinator that worked well with the best game QB in the history of the NFL. Each season makes me think less and less of him as being even a top 5 coach all time. Although, I would never argue he isn't a top 3 coach right now, but he is slowly moving down the list each season without Tom...in my opinion.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a bottom 2 GM in the league right now. Baalke in Jacksonville is kinda bad, too, but he seems to have lucked into Trevor Lawrence and out of Urban Meyer. With Brady bailing I think even he saw that Belichick the GM was a hot mes
He reminds of Yoko w/o John. Beatles for the younger crowd

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile a great coach like Gibbs wins 3 titles with 3 different quarterbacks

BB has two more rings as a DC. One with Phil Simms at QB(final score 39 - 20) and one with Jeff Hostetler(final score 20 - 19). The Bills were heavily favored and got stymied by BB's defense.

I know it ain't the same as being the HC but you can't discount BB's success in big games.

And yes, having a QB like Brady all those years certainly helped mask deficiencies but some of those SB's were won on defense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it ain't the same as being the HC but you can't discount BB's success in big games.

And yes, having a QB like Brady all those years certainly helped mask deficiencies but some of those SB's were won on defense.
Yeah, I know there was a stat of 'BB vs the #1 offense' whoever it was and it was a ridiculously impressive stat. He is an outlier as a coach and one of the best.

That said, you can't win with mediocre players. It probably only takes about 3 years of poor GM moves to go from Super Bowl contender to the basement.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worked out well for Dallas. Wasn't Jimmy hired right after Landry?
Under a different owner… and you can make the argument that had he been given better players Landry would have survived the ownership change. Most Cowboys fans (including myself) pretty much agree - the talent on those late 80’s teams was what got him fired - not the game “passing him by”. And the front office was responsible for the talent.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under a different owner… and you can make the argument that had he been given better players Landry would have survived the ownership change. Most Cowboys fans (including myself) pretty much agree - the talent on those late 80’s teams was what got him fired - not the game “passing him by”. And the front office was responsible for the talent.
How many coaches/gm have to have to be pay the highest guy? 27 mill waste of money who has the worst picks I have ever seen in BB's contract

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy should be fired, no loyalty with TB or Gronk. 2 of the greatest PaTS
It's "The Patriot Way" I can't argue with firing him by that logic.

He had their leading receiver Troy Brown play defense and sacrifice his offensive numbers to help the team. Then cut him that off-season for "salary cap reasons." He's never had any loyalty, it's just about winning. It's almost fitting to fire his ass.

But I will say a lot of this what have you done for me lately stuff is nonsense. Definitely the first one, but quite a few of those old Superbowls Brady wasn't really Brady yet, and the defense was what won those first several.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's "The Patriot Way" I can't argue with firing him by that logic.

He had their leading receiver Troy Brown play defense and sacrifice his offensive numbers to help the team. Then cut him that off-season for "salary cap reasons." He's never had any loyalty, it's just about winning. It's almost fitting to fire his ass.

But I will say a lot of this what have you done for me lately stuff is nonsense. Definitely the first one, but quite a few of those old Superbowls Brady wasn't really Brady yet, and the defense was what won those first several.10
100% but BB has shown shit before after TB left, guy is a loser

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said the Seahawks fan lol

Not that. To me it's a Respect thing. Like Noll with the Steelers

He's done alot for that organization. Championships, team of 2 decades....

He deserves another year.

All that said. He leaves, another team will snatch him up quickly for their HC vancany

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had their leading receiver Troy Brown play defense and sacrifice his offensive numbers to help the team. Then cut him that off-season for "salary cap reasons."

That is complete fucking bullshit. Troy played out his contract and wasn't going to be resigned. He retired with Kraft and Belichick by his side.

And now he's a coach on the team.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that. To me it's a Respect thing. Like Noll with the Steelers

He's done alot for that organization. Championships, team of 2 decades....

He deserves another year.

All that said. He leaves, another team will snatch him up quickly for their HC vancany
You are stupid