• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

shit..i got a computer problem

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question on the restore though is how far do you know how to go back? don't some nasties lie dormant for a while first.

System restore is useless if you get infected in my opinion. It is better used to remove misbehaving drivers or failed updates. On my clients' machines after I remove the trojan and am sure the machine is clean I delete all previous restore points (do this by turning off system restore and rebooting) and then create a new restore point for the now uninfected machine after turning system restore back on.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you get one of the new Mac trojans. Unlike Windows there are no removal tools for Macs. You have to wait on Apple to correct it, if they ever acknowledge it. The first major trojan for Mac's that hit in April came through the Safari browser, Apple denied for a week until they were confronted with the evidence by one of the major PC publications. While PC malware is still more prevalent Mac malware is rapidly becoming more and more common.

Mac Defender?

that was pretty meh

interesting to see something pop up for the mac though

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some good news though. The Russian authorities took down the site pushing Mac Defender and it's Windows equivalents. Now if they'll just do anything to them is another story. However, you can bet they have that code on rogue sites for sale and somebody else will pick it up and start modifying it to do even more...

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some good news though. The Russian authorities took down the site pushing Mac Defender and it's Windows equivalents. Now if they'll just do anything to them is another story. However, you can bet they have that code on rogue sites for sale and somebody else will pick it up and start modifying it to do even more...

it's just a trojan

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
freaking A... yall my kids puter has one on it now.. HELLLLLLPPPPPPP!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a Public Service Announcement:

SportsHoopla is scanned by McAfee and Google every day and has a clean bill of health.

Ya'll need to lay off the f'n p.orn, you pervs.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a Public Service Announcement:

SportsHoopla is scanned by McAfee and Google every day and has a clean bill of health.

Ya'll need to lay off the f'n p.orn, you pervs.

not from here... my kids puter has a virus on it from probably downloading those stupid fing game.. and it wont let me run the Malware thing on it AND.. i dont know how to start their puter in safe mode.. if someone can please walk me through it that would be great. THANKS

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KT, I sent you some instructions. Ghost, McAfee is one of the poorest at keeping systems clean, at least it's personal version, just thought you might like to know. :D

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm, ubuntu is smelling nice right about now

I like Unity, interested to see what the next version brings, beta out soon. But even Linux has security issues, just not attacked yet. But the method that was used to infect Macs this past spring would be essentially the same methods to attack Linux.